Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I had this thought as well! Wildflower Wildfire is hands-down one of my favorite tracks she’s written, but there were times I had a difficult time fully appreciating it because the verses, pre-choruses, etc. almost felt hard to distinguish between? 

That’s probably just my subjective experience with the song, and those sentiments have largely changed for me after listening multiple times, but yeah! I totally get where you’re coming from! It definitely has that stream-of-consciousness vibe both lyrically and melodically 

very this!! i also feel like there's a level of thrill in knowing what familiar melodic structure is coming, but not knowing how it's gonna be filled. the second verse of I Can Fly Is really gorgeous for this reason:

Spoiler

Your lies were hot kisses in the summer

I was dreaming of a lake, dreaming of the water

Where I'd rise like a phoenix or an iron from the fire

I've got things to tell you like....

I know that you're a liar

that final line is always such a gut punch to me, because even though those lyrics don't look like much written down, you just don't see it coming in the sweet and familiar melody that you're used to. you can excuse the simplicity because it had to fit into a certain structure - in fact the simplicity is what makes it so impactful!

i hope she doesn't abandon this style entirely on Blue Banisters!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 minute ago, not all who wander r lost said:

so who's gonna digitally reconstruct that paper so we know what's on it :oprah3:

What are you talking about it's perfectly legible

The album is called Lipid and there are 12/13 tracks and that's final

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

12 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

What are you talking about it's perfectly legible

The album is called Lipid and there are 12/13 tracks and that's final

manifest more tracks bestie

3 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

manifest more tracks bestie

I mean maybe this is just the first page and he's doing one page at a time because these songs will have actual production

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

47 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

so who's gonna digitally reconstruct that paper so we know what's on it :oprah3:

I tried :oprah3:

89761_460s.jpg

7 hours ago, bel air rose said:

UtDg7s4.jpg

QygPf0Z.jpg

it looks like it says "Timid" lol there's also something named "blue" or "aloe" lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I do think both TB and WW do represent an 'advance' in her songwriting and artistry, just as 'HIADT' and 'Yosemite' did. They really show more of what she's capable of.

And, additionally, TB and WW are more like her poetry than HIADT, at least to me. It's as if she attempted to meld her poems to actual melodies and music, instead of using 'atmospheric' background music. And she really succeeded. BB, is, for me, more like HIADT--it's a creative success, but not necessarily something I want on repeat. 

Now, whether Stans, fans or critics want an album of WWs and TBs is another matter, or whether Stans want to see her continue in this inward-turning, 'private mythology' direction. Clearly, many of us love these new songs, and, more importantly, relate to them. 

Many musicans in the recent past and relatively distant past have done the same thing over time---Nico, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Laura Nyro, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Jeff Buckley, Twenty One Pilots and many more. They more or less leave their main or initial fanbase behind.  Some, like Rayland Baxter, go the opposite route--from deep, touching and meaningful songs to pure 'sell out' fluff. 

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

E2e1gEjWYAIGDXR?format=jpg&name=large

looks fake to me... but i'd rather get delulu until the actual tracklist comes out

it’s not a real fake tracklist without the gays sneaking in yes to heaven for the 6th time :stareney:

5 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

from the same site that leaked chemtrails

E2e1gEjWYAIGDXR?format=jpg&name=large

looks fake to me... but i'd rather get delulu until the actual tracklist comes out

“couldn’t tell you”

”all i ever wanted”

”here with me”

”still life”

”for the best” 

definitely fake, lana’s song titles are never that boring & uninspired :blush3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123