Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, Mer said:

and you know the minute Jack Antonoff goes out of trend Lady Gaga and Madonna will “discover him” lololololol. Trendsetters who are always behind the trends. 

Didn‘t Jack shade Gaga though :eek3:

I don't know what to think about Jack. He's a talented producer and I loved his work with Lana, but I'm pretty sure I've replayed Blue Banisters and Wildflower Wildfire twice as much as COCC and NFR! reunited. :toofunny:

Plus, I don't know why all these girls want to work with him. As an artist, why would you want the same sound as other musicians? :wtf2: Wouldn't you want to have your own sound? 

56 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

PAINT MY FUCKING BANISTERS!!!

hb-leanne-ford-style-stairs-1540245007.ptenor.gif

Opinion that no one asked for, but I remember someone saying they'd like the blue banisters to appear on the cover, and I couldn't help but think it would be really cool if they were green and grey. You'd expect them to be blue as the title suggests, but the cover would actually refer to the line in the song. I don't know, I thought it would be fun. :tommy:

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

and then she announces the album, 2 different versions with the tracklist flipped so they tell 2 different stories, Kendrick's DAMN/ATION style, RCS/BB

Yes! She finished RCS and she thought: “well I did Paradise edition. I want to release it all at once. With. the addition.” The story was missing some more information and let the two albums talk to each other. She found a new way without a white dress to get it under control

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

23 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

Plus, I don't know why all these girls want to work with him. As an artist, why would you want the same sound as other musicians? :wtf2: Wouldn't you want to have your own sound? 

I guess there are also personal reasons. I‘m really not an expert, but what I‘ve read and what the me too movement has shown, is that the music industry can be very toxic- especially towards women. Jack seems to be the type of producer who gives his artists a lot of freedom and is more interested in working together than following his own vision.

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I thoroughly enjoy the records we got from Jack/Lana (aka Jalana? LaJack? :stareney2:) in the past several years.

However, I get this aura of Brooklyn Douchebag from Jack Antonoff and I ain’t here for it :sideeye:

I just wish he tried to get her to sing bridges for most of the songs. She is a genius at that, but oh well, he left the chat and Blue Banisters will probably have some of his production. For example RCS/LYTLYN. I don’t mind, it has been refreshing

I actually really like Jack Antonoff and from what I’ve seen of his interactions with other people and his interviews, etc. he’s a really nice guy and he really cares about music and what it stands for.

I will say, though, I do think that NFR really changed this trajectory he has been on since then; you could argue that a lot of the major albums that he has worked on since NFR’s release (excluding his own Bleachers projects) contain echoes of what people think “Lana Del Rey” has evolved to sound like. I think they’re all great albums but I do think that there seems to be a sort of continuity between a lot of his production on other people’s records lately - and that’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s his signature style and his “tag” I guess.

But I am glad that Lana seems to be branching out a bit and is continuing to forge her own path. She is simultaneously an artist with a signature style and a musical chameleon. Whether or not you would care to admit it, she has an influence that I think a lot of people pretend isn’t there - but it’s there. Even if certain alternative artists don’t know it, their output is shaped and albeit, only possible because of her impact on the scene. 

we need more recognition on female producers, these hags need to quit fighting over this smelly man and start fighting over grimes... jack could never produce a my name is dark, 4am, saturn princess, violence, kill v maim, flesh without blood, oblivion, genesis, weregild... never! never! NEVER!

and that :makeup2: is :makeup2: on :makeup2: that :makeup2::oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I actually really like Jack Antonoff and from what I’ve seen of his interactions with other people and his interviews, etc. he’s a really nice guy and he really cares about music and what it stands for.

I will say, though, I do think that NFR really changed this trajectory he has been on since then; you could argue that a lot of the major albums that he has worked on since NFR’s release (excluding his own Bleachers projects) contain echoes of what people think “Lana Del Rey” has evolved to sound like. I think they’re all great albums but I do think that there seems to be a sort of continuity between a lot of his production on other people’s records lately - and that’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s his signature style and his “tag” I guess.

But I am glad that Lana seems to be branching out a bit and is continuing to forge her own path. She is simultaneously an artist with a signature style and a musical chameleon. Whether or not you would care to admit it, she has an influence that I think a lot of people pretend isn’t there - but it’s there. Even if certain alternative artists don’t know it, their output is shaped and albeit, only possible because of her impact on the scene. 

I could see her only wanting the music her way. Thanks to Jack we got a new album after LfL sooner than she had in mind. If I remember correctly in one of the interviews, about working with Jack.

thinking about how back in 2017 we all had meltdowns over how messy the LFL era was :bebe:... little did we know LFL was a huge treat and we would never see an era like that again :rollin:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

we need more recognition on female producers, these hags need to quit fighting over this smelly man and start fighting over grimes... jack could never produce a my name is dark, 4am, saturn princess, violence, kill v maim, flesh without blood, oblivion, genesis, weregild... never! never! NEVER!

I pray for a Lana x Grimes collab everyday 

15 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Grimes production is so much more interesting than Jack's...

Manifesting Lana x Grimes for LDR 10 :pray2:

3 minutes ago, Wildflower said:

I could see her only wanting the music her way. Thanks to Jack we got a new album after LfL sooner than she had in mind. If I remember correctly in one of the interviews, about working with Jack.

Yes, I think Lana always is the most involved in her work (I don’t agree with the arguments I’ve read on here about Jack monopolizing the creative control over the last 2 albums) but I think he really did bring a lot of great writing out of her - as a producer/songwriting partner should! She said she wasn’t in the mood to write a new album after LFL but after she met Jack, an album was just spawned!

I still cant believe the fact that Bleacher's new album is littered with percussion and drums but like none of what hes been doing with any of the women hes been working with has even come close to the level of complexity.... i think its safe to say he hates women

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

EXACTLY speak on it sister cause #that man could never touch 4am, violence, realiti or my name is dark. grimes would make ten times better production for lana with a single cheap garageband synth and random ethereal alien screams than that musty man ever could with the 3 piano chords he knows :nails:

47 minutes ago, COCC said:

Didn‘t Jack shade Gaga though :eek3:

brb changing my username to Jack Antonoff Is A God. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift