Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Releasing a controversial album (with a selfie as the cover) on a Tuesday? I’m here for that :fabcat:

It could be hit or miss. Of course I am now super curious about it now... but I’m also a bit scared about that project honestly. 

15 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Zach makes more sense as main producer. She did Dealer with him, he was on board for Summertime and her folk cover album. Plus there are the songs they did together in 2017 that she could reuse if any were as good as California. What scares me is the country avenue she went on, working with Nikki. Ben confirmed in her Music Week interview that she was surrounding herself with country musicians these days. Of course, many country songs could become rock-Ish if production changed, but... 

i don’t know what to think of this project. 

I believe that's the case as well or at least I hope that's the case with Zach . The only thing that I am still skeptical about too is the country route that she seems to be taking 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

14 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Zach makes more sense as main producer. She did Dealer with him, he was on board for Summertime and her folk cover album. Plus there are the songs they did together in 2017 that she could reuse if any were as good as California. What scares me is the country avenue she went on, working with Nikki. Ben confirmed in her Music Week interview that she was surrounding herself with country musicians these days. Of course, many country songs could become rock-Ish if production changed, but... 

i don’t know what to think of this project. 

BUS is kind of a country song, but to me, it also has an underground rock vibe, and I’d love to have more of this type of songs from Lana! I usually don’t really like country music, but Lana approches it in a way that makes it sound different, maybe more accessible, and of course there’s always this rich and deep melancholy surrounding her music.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

:legend:my predictions:legend:

- the album will be completely/largely produced by Zach Dawes

- Dealer will be on here

- "Grenadine Quarantine" and "If this is the end I want a boyfriend" were possibly made with Zach Dawes and could be on this record

- the genres are mainly California Rock and Country Rock but it's still Lana's way

- the title is inspired by "Rock Candy" by Montrose, a Californian hard rock band

11 hours ago, wild caged animal said:

But you're rock candy baby
Hard, sweet and sticky

- other inspirations include The Rolling Stones, especially the record "Sticky Fingers" that includes songs like Brown Sugar and Wild Horses

- we were given a taste of the Country Rock side of the record on the song "Dance Till We Die"

- Breaking Up Slowly wasn't the last collaboration with Nikki Lane

Edit: I think her brother Charlie will do a lot of the visuals for this album (interview mag video & beans vibes)

insta thots?

1 minute ago, wild caged animal said:

- Dealer will be on here

- "Grenadine Quarantine" and "If this is the end I want a boyfriend" were possibly made with Zach Dawes and could be on this record

- the genres are mainly California Rock and Country Rock but it's still Lana's way

- the title is inspired by "Rock Candy" by Montrose, a Californian hard rock band

- other inspirations include The Rolling Stones, especially the record "Sticky Fingers" that includes songs like Brown Sugar and Wild Horses

- we were given a taste of the Country Rock side of the record on the song "Dance Till We Die"

insta thots?

It would be a very consistent project if your predictions turn out true (and I wouldn’t mind at all)

I hope the lyricism isn’t cheesy or blatantly just terrible. I’m curious to see how she’s gonna capture her anger in this album. Also, I don’t believe Jack will work on this because of the image she’s going for. Part of me feels like Jack likes to be loved by EVERYONE including the media. For him to produce a revenge album calling out names Lana will go for someone whom she’s closer to a la Rick or Zach... maybe even Dan since they were able to channel some anger in some of those tracks. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

- Dealer will be on here

insta thots?

So here for it. Your mind amazes me. 

I'm so shocked that we already have the album title. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it changed suddenly, like it happened with COCC

i am nothing and should be everything

4 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

Although I'm not getting excited just yet, it could explain why COCC is so short. Maybe she did record a lot of songs but felt they were more cohesive in two separate albums 

Chemtrails doesn’t even seem to have any songs written during quarantine. All the songs on it seem to be have been recorded between Norman’s release and her time on the road for the NFR tour. Wanderlust and Yosemite already are two songs recorded prior to these sessions (maybe even LMLYLAW). In Music Week,

she says the album is about being at a standstill, not knowing what the next

move is: that’s why I think Chemtrails is so short. 

So this is definitely going to be more Rick or Zach fronted. Jack may be involved minimally but as others have said I don't see him being the main producer, 1. they weren't able to get together as much and 2. it is def out of his wheelhouse and low key feel like the controversial subject matter may make him uncomfortable to be behind. 

I'm honestly not expecting June, I really really wish lol but no. It has recharged my anticipation and excitement though. I really hope she just fucking lets it all out. All of her pent up frustration, rage, and hard feelings. Even though I don't foresee this coming on that exact date I still feel like it could be relatively soon considering she is always working on music and COCC was finished last year lol. 

She is just so unpredictable sometimes. Like really, who does it like her? Nobody lol. Stanning her is always an experience. I'm strapped in and ready to go lol!

Also just wanted to add on, "FUCK the New York Post" lol! That's the vibe, are we ready, yesss.

I know covers aren't ya'll's favourite thing BUT I would love it so much if Lana covered this on LDR8. It has her style written all over it :trisha:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 minutes ago, DLT said:

So this is definitely going to be more Rick or Zach fronted. Jack may be involved minimally but as others have said I don't see him being the main producer, 1. they weren't able to get together as much and 2. it is def out of his wheelhouse and low key feel like the controversial subject matter may make him uncomfortable to be behind. 

I'm honestly not expecting June, I really really wish lol but no. It has recharged my anticipation and excitement though. I really hope she just fucking lets it all out. All of her pent up frustration, rage, and hard feelings. Even though I don't foresee this coming on that exact date I still feel like it could be relatively soon considering she is always working on music and COCC was finished last year lol. 

She is just so unpredictable sometimes. Like really, who does it like her? Nobody lol. Stanning her is always an experience. I'm strapped in and ready to go lol!

Also just wanted to add on, "FUCK the New York Post" lol! That's the vibe, are we ready, yesss.

June 1 is way too soon lol. Maybe end of year? The other poetry book doesn’t have a release date yet, that project could block or postpone Rock Candy Sweet, maybe?

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

June 1 is way too soon lol. Maybe end of year? The other poetry book doesn’t have a release date yet, that project could block or postpone Rock Candy Sweet, maybe?

Yeah it is definitely going to be a scheduling doozy, Tetris comes to mind lol, fitting it all in. I'm sure the book/poss audiobook will supersede the release of the new album considering it was on docket before hand. Honestly I'd say Behind Iron Gates will be more in the June timeframe and I can see RCS being closer to September/October.

I'm just screaming at how Ed, Ben, and the label must be reeling right now lol. It's so funny, like fuck lol.

1 minute ago, The Greatest said:

Vinyls need 3 months to press right? So I feel like this could actually happen cause she would have had to submit it to her label by now 

2021 will be very expansive for us lol