Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

31 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It could be hit or miss. Of course I am now super curious about it now... but I’m also a bit scared about that project honestly. 

I was scared about NFR and COCC. Both turned out to be my favourite albums of her. If I learned something about Lana, then it‘s that we can always trust her.

Manifesting a Springsteen collab and Winehouse cover :legend:

22 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

I hope the lyricism isn’t cheesy or blatantly just terrible. I’m curious to see how she’s gonna capture her anger in this album. Also, I don’t believe Jack will work on this because of the image she’s going for. Part of me feels like Jack likes to be loved by EVERYONE including the media. For him to produce a revenge album calling out names Lana will go for someone whom she’s closer to a la Rick or Zach... maybe even Dan since they were able to channel some anger in some of those tracks. 

That's what I thought ! Jack seems to be very loved in the industry and I don't think that he would like to be part of something that might seem to him a little bit ''controversial'' or out of his comfort zone . 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

5 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

Vinyls need 3 months to press right? So I feel like this could actually happen cause she would have had to submit it to her label by now 

True, that would suggest the album is already finished

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

4 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

rock candy sweet is gonna be so hyperpop fiona apple california jazzy ultraviolence mazzy star erotica folktronica 80's ultraviolence arca disco 

This was a lot to take in but yes bestie 

tenor.gif?itemid=8834686

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

25 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

:legend:my predictions:legend:

- the album will be completely/largely produced by Zach Dawes

- Dealer will be on here

- "Grenadine Quarantine" and "If this is the end I want a boyfriend" were possibly made with Zach Dawes and could be on this record

- the genres are mainly California Rock and Country Rock but it's still Lana's way

- the title is inspired by "Rock Candy" by Montrose, a Californian hard rock band

- other inspirations include The Rolling Stones, especially the record "Sticky Fingers" that includes songs like Brown Sugar and Wild Horses

- we were given a taste of the Country Rock side of the record on the song "Dance Till We Die"

- Breaking Up Slowly wasn't the last collaboration with Nikki Lane

Edit: I think her brother Charlie will do a lot of the visuals for this album (interview mag video & beans vibes)

insta thots?

What about the well known, not-quite classic folk song 'Big Rock Candy Mountains,' originally sung by Harry McClintock and covered by the Highwaymen, among others? 

One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fire was burning
Down the track came a hobo hiking
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning"

"I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains"

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
There's a land that's fair and bright
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night

Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
And the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees

The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings

All the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth
And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmers' trees are full of fruit
And the barns are full of hay

Oh, I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall
The winds don't blow

You never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol
Come trickling down the rocks

The brakemen have to tip their hats
And the railway bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey too

You can paddle all around it
In a big canoe

The jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again
As soon as you are in
There ain't no short-handled shovels

No axes, saws nor picks
I'm goin' to stay
Where you sleep all day
Where they hung the jerk
That invented work

I'll see you all this coming fall

8 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

rock candy sweet is gonna be so hyperpop fiona apple california jazzy ultraviolence mazzy star erotica folktronica 80's ultraviolence arca disco 

this^

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Don‘t want to destroy your hopes for an angry album, but Lana also said that her QFTC would influence COCC and it ended up being a small line on one of the songs

So ready for her to scream and destroy Ann Powers‘ and Lorde‘s career :hair:

4 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

Well, we know:

- COCC was finished last summer. Around that time she already had Dealer and wasn't sure whether she'd put it on COCC or not.

- In November, she tweeted she was currently working on two albums.
- In January, she gave the Music Weekly interview that was published this month, where she already had an album title in mind that summed up "the last 18 months" (Rock Candy Sweet). Her managers confirmed she was working on two albums then, too, but we all found this out just a few days ago.

- In January, after the Annie Mac interview, she said a few days after giving the Music Weekly interview that she already knew what she was doing next.

- Last month, she and her brother both posted 'rock' emojis before deleting.

- She announced the new album today.

So as far as we know, it could have been in the works as early as Summer 2020, and will be released around a year later, but now only a few months after COCC. I'm not going to read into deleting the (messy) IG stories as long as the announcement post itself is still up. Tap Music liked the IG post, too, so they know about the album.

But what about the 'American Standards' album that was supposed to be released on Christmas? How do you figure that into her schedule? And is that the second album? 

I still can't believe she already has another album. Absolutely no COCC tour just straight up moving on. I love her hahaha i mean honestly it makes sense that she can't tour cocc right now with covid so she's working on more music. That's what she should do it she wants to vent and get her feelings out through music. 

honestly it would be cool if this turned into a trilogy of albums this year. COCC, RCS, and a third album we don't know about yet 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I mean am I the only one who really doesn't trust this whole thing? Until we get the lead single or album cover I won't believe anything is coming. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

But what about the 'American Standards' album that was supposed to be released on Christmas? How do you figure that into her schedule? And is that the second album? 

The American Standards album could be the second album? I think she has Country and folk covers under wrap, but I guess she recorded original songs as well in the process?!? A bit like she was recording LFL and had the side project with Zach for fun?

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

I mean am I the only one who really doesn't trust this whole thing? Until we get the lead single or album cover I won't believe anything is coming. 

I believe it’s happening, not just in that timeline if she does any release like she usually does with multiple physical copies out with a digital album. June 1 could happen if it was already done, submitted and mixed (very skeptical about that) or if it was streaming only and then maybe vinyls later on (but good luck for a top 5 spot in the charts without her vinyls).