Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

what’s wrong with her? why does she announce random dates out of nowhere, it’s weird 

This is like the...least weird thing about her behavior. Look at Sky, Kanye, Azealia, and the hundreds of other bands and artists who throw out random dates and they never come to fruition. It's a combination of narcissism and the mind of an artist. At least we're 50% more likely than any of those artists I mentioned to actually get the music. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

This is like the...least weird thing about her behavior. Look at Sky, Kanye, Azealia, and the hundreds of other bands and artists who throw out random dates and they never come to fruition. At least we're 50% more likely than any of those artists I mentioned to actually get the music. 

It’s still pretty weird and uncalled for when you’re a huge artist announcing dates to a massive audience for projects you’re not even sure of, it builds hype and causes unwanted tension and annoyance in her fan base and for her management having to deal with the bad end of the stick, until I see a pre order or confirmation from ben or interscope I don’t believe a word of this , sep 5th was too traumatic for me 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

This is like the...least weird thing about her behavior. Look at Sky, Kanye, Azealia, and the hundreds of other bands and artists who throw out random dates and they never come to fruition. It's a combination of narcissism and the mind of an artist. At least we're 50% more likely than any of those artists I mentioned to actually get the music. 

i mean i wouldn’t say narcissism but just ignorance. look at Sky Ferreira for example. It’s been almost a decade since she last released an album and she’s always saying oh she wants to release an album the right way or some dumb  shit like that. there’s definitely a line if it is something that an artist does constantly but if i recall, lana has only thrown out a release date out of nowhere once (besides rock candy sweet.) and i guess it made sense for her to choose that date since we know she finished the album way before the summer and it only takes three months to make all the physicals. kinda got sidetracked there but i get what you mean

17 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

so is this thread now a prerelease thread or is she still a pre-pre-release thread.... pre-post-release thread? post-pre-pre-release? pre-pre-post-release? post-pre-release? :justride2:

Pre pre as long as there’s no lead or preorder, IMO!

22 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

what’s wrong with her? why does she announce random dates out of nowhere, it’s weird 

it's her hobby

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

This is so beautiful - thanks for sharing! You should post this in the Chemtrails post-release thread!

omg thank u!!! :wub::wub::wub:
where's the thread?

7 hours ago, dungdung said:

omg i was just thinking about this song fits so well with nomadland!

TOTALLY 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

because it makes her feel... makes her feel like a god 

Spoiler

:mj:

I love how we know little to anything about RCS... except maybe Zach Dawes’ involvement and Dealer! Let’s hope she won’t start sharing snippets and spoiling tracks within a week :glasses:

Lanarat.png

2 hours ago, VeniceBiatch said:

ok but the fact that we didn't get an album trailer cements this for me because that's a huge indicator of the aesthetics/sound of the era and she didn't bother to make one. 

I just had another thought about this as I opened Spotify web player: NONE of the profile pics have changed from NFR

I think that the title is sort of a juxtaposition. rock candy is hard (fun fact: when i was 8, i lost a loose tooth to rock candy), but it's also sweet and sugary. so there's the hard side, but then there's also the sweet side. i don't know if the title is actually like that or if she just thought of it in her head as something random and was like "hm, sounds good", but i'm looking forward to figuring out the meaning of it either way. 

imageproxy.jpg