Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Guys, you have to understand that the person who wants the albums to sound that way is Lana not Jack, I think he's just in charge of making things sound the way Lana wants...

Given her lack of instrumental skills, Lana is more dependent on a producer giving her the chords and beats than say, Taylor. Then it becomes a process where Lana is asking Jack for more “wild” or “stripped back” and he can’t deliver but it’s not like Lana can do it herself. So we end up Lana pre-emptively saying COCC isn’t 100% to her original vision

at the end of the day, i don't really care who's producing the album, although i'd prefer a different producer, i'm fine with jack producing this album, we still hardly know anything about it, and he did produce mariner's, venice bitch, tulsa jesus freak, dark but just a game, dance till we die's bridge, i think it's a little unfair to say that he's only capable of producing a "piano flop" album when he's clearly capable of doing something different, i think we should have faith that this album will be a quality album, we don't even know for sure if jack's actually producing it, i think we should stay optimistic for now, he's not a terrible producer

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

This ties into the last thing I added into here, but I really do think a sound similar to mazzy star's she hangs brightly album would be stellar. specifically the title track, blue flower and ghost highway (i put blue flower and ghost highway in a spoiler tag lol). I love when lana uses the heavy drums and guitars, and I really want that on RCS. and like I said, with jack, I think he could pull that off if he and lana both wanted to. venice bitch is proof of that to me. that song is pure magic and i'd love to have more songs like it. 

Spoiler

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Lmfaoooo hype cancelled 

As it should :hooker:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, new gods said:

how did her and jack make an entire new album if they couldn't even finish cocc together

It will be more half written demos she wrote on Sean’s ranch in late 2019 packaged into 700 vinyl variants 

jack will add a tambourine to every song and thus another “album” is born!

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

It will be more half written demos she wrote on Sean’s ranch packaged into 700 vinyl variants 

jack will add a tambourine to every song and thus another “album” is born!

a tambourine is inauthentic!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, new gods said:

how did her and jack make an entire new album if they couldn't even finish cocc together

well that was almost a year ago..I’m sure by now they’ve worked something out..plus we’ve seen that they work together via video calls 

it’s not super unlikely Lana has gone to a studio and recorded vocals for Jack, or Zach might be sending some songs for Jack to work on

(although I would highly prefer Zack only)

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:

a tambourine is inauthentic!!!!

Oh true I forgot. No instruments = real music

it will be exclusively played on a vintage acoustic guitar found at a yard sale in Texarkana, Texas. The guitar is so old that it only has two strings though, so every song has the exact same notes played on it. 

drums will be replaced with vape cracks. 

42 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

If Lana can repeat the same lines over and over again for an entire 4 minute song, a good producer can make it work well by giving it an appealing soundscape. For example, Angels Forever and Starry Eyed, both very repetitive but so incredibly addictive, why? Because whoever produced it (i think it was rick?) knew how to build a gorgeous atmosphere with a lot of pulsing, abstract sounds, giving it a timeless feel. The untouchable 5 era was golden. Jack could never

Is This Happiness is a really good example too

yosemite too, it's very repetitive but very good

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

well that was almost a year ago..I’m sure by now they’ve worked something out..plus we’ve seen that they work together via video calls 

it’s not super unlikely Lana has gone to a studio and recorded vocals for Jack, or Zach might be sending some songs for Jack to work on

(although I would highly prefer Zack only)

Wait when do we saw them work together via video call :wat:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: