Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, lanasbottom said:

no cause if we think about it the second we think jack is finally gone she’s basically becoming nikki lame’s new roommate idc this is a very bad omen :wtf3:

2020-2021 has been consistent LOSS after LOSS for the little lipsters I can’t believe it 

I'm looking forward to it. We've been spoiled, and continue to be blessed with new music. I'll always give Lana a fair chance, unlike you whiny ass bitches. :kiss3:

9 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

besties, i did another concept cover art. hope u like it

IRmA0Fi.jpg

this looks great!!

on another note, can someone explain what i'm missing when everyone keeps saying besties? what is this?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

this looks great!!

on another note, can someone explain what i'm missing when everyone keeps saying besties? what is this?

thank uuuu <3

it's just a cute little name that means "best friends"

0YnL0Kf.gif

Tbh, I think we’re cursed again by a piano album with (maybe) louder guitars. And ngl, I think it’s not all Jack’s fault, every producer who worked with her say that she is always setting the pace with her body of art, so if we got 2 albums with similar instrumentals it’s most probably lana’s fault. Because Jack can do different things (just look at taylor’s discography since 1989). And thats just happened because lana didn’t wanted to move too much forward in her sound. It’s very clearly on the way she speaked about the album on the interviews. 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

2 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Stop asking artists to recreate something they did x years ago and let them evolve! 

then why is lana making the same stuff from 2019 hmm? cocc is nfr 2.0 and hopefully rcs won't be nfr 3.0

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Is it still a surprise that their process of creating music is

*Jack in studio playing keys*

*Lana Del Rey walks in and grabs a microphone* HmmmmMmMmMM mY White Dress hmmm You fucked me so good that I almost said you...boy...

Jack: whew girl you doing that again

Lana: HOPEISABUTTERFLYDOWNTHECHEMTRAILS

Jack: wow girl yas

*Piano solo goes on*

Jack: Alright let's now produce this, get in that vocal booth an-

Lana: Wait no, play another one, he's another rhyme look my flow is sick, play that piano man.

Jack: Lana but we just got one solo take and we need to back it

Lana: No man don't you feel the vibe? I'll NEVER be able to emote these lyrics again wtf??? that's why I'm never performing these songs live ever again. Now play some new chords I've got a chorus in my mind.

2 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

then why is lana making the same stuff from 2019 hmm? cocc is nfr 2.0 and hopefully rcs won't be nfr 3.0

I think between 2019 and 2020 many things happened in her life. She started her poetry, had a relationship with sean, the pandemic, she got again attacked by media. And she chose to make a safe move before she moves forward. Maybe in that time it was more harder to figure it out how to put her thoughts in one record, maybe there’s too much pain and rage and that’s why rcs would be her “vengeance”. And with this idea, before she actually do this she tried to keep on the bright side and brought the theme for cocc (something like i’ll be chilling with my girls and staying the same when everything around is changing)

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

15 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Stop asking artists to recreate something they did x years ago and let them evolve! 

stop being a continuous nuisance 

26 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Stop asking artists to recreate something they did x years ago and let them evlove!

If this is aimed at me you should know I said I wished she would channel the drama and grandeur of honeymoon, not recreate it. Her work with Jack is cute but I don't think folk is her best genre.

1 hour ago, lanasbottom said:

and why’s no one talking about her smoking cigarettes again?? raspy dark vocals on rock candy CONFIRMED :crying:

the raspy dark vocals of niki lane maybe

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

yeah but i feel like someone could do country/folk BETTER than jack... zach dan or rick could probably do it really well :agree:

I feel you but he absolutely killed the country/folk sound with interesting instrumentals on folklore imo... I mean listen to 'august'. The material is there I just hope Lana and him push each other to do something a bit more... substantial

nice cocc bro