Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I actually love a lot of albums that Jack has produced but when it comes to some Lana songs (especially COCC), it feels like he drops the ball a bit. It seems like they were magic together with NFR but burned out after it. Maybe they had different visions for the record or maybe Lana is hard to work with. I feel like she could be sooooo specific in what she wants and Jack flop doesn't understand exactly what she's asking, so they just compromise. I just hope the sound evolves a bit because while COCC was good, that sound is starting to feel tired

:lanahairflip3:

tumblr_inline_pbw9to77mj1rt2432_500.gifv

I wanna hear songs like St tropez party girl, go go dancer, behind closed doors, back to the basics.... upbeat, sexy, cute and fun ;( 

I enjoyed alot from cocc but I was craving something either emotionally intense or upbeat and fun. 

Okay I have a question for ya'll. If Lana were to rework any song from her past and put it on RCS, which one would you want it to be?

For some reason I can imagine Get Drunk and Serene Queen with a more angsty guitar driven sound :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Okay I have a question for ya'll. If Lana were to rework any song from her past and put it on RCS, which one would you want it to be?

For some reason I can imagine Get Drunk and Serene Queen with a more angsty guitar driven sound :hair:

I might get lynched for this but Guns and Roses could've hit with better verses and bridges... That sound was really interesting but I hope we get another Honeymoon sounding album. Maybe some of the Honeymoon outtakes would fit well :brows:

Since Taylor re-released "Fearless" and it is essentially the same record as the original one, I don't understand why it is having a higher score in metacritic. It basically means that if Lana does the same her scores in metacritic might change. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, lanadelrat said:

I know the gays hate Lana collabs but if Rock Candy Sweet had one who would you want the most? 

David Gilmour. At least he could provide some guitar elements. 

giphy.gif

even with NFR and COCC, which i both love dearly, there are things i don't like about the production. and all jack's other discography... does it say something that i don't care enough to listen to it in depth. like none of his other works really draw my attention, maybe it's the artist not him but besties idk.

i REALLY think jack shines when he's pushed out of his comfort zone like with VBBOTG, so if he IS a producer on RCS i hope he has to step out of his comfort zone like that again.

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

even with NFR and COCC, which i both love dearly, there are things i don't like about the production. and all jack's other discography... does it say something that i don't care enough to listen to it in depth. like none of his other works really draw my attention, maybe it's the artist not him but besties idk.

i REALLY think jack shines when he's pushed out of his comfort zone like with VBBOTG, so if he IS a producer on RCS i hope he has to step out of his comfort zone like that again.

some of the background scoring on violet was soooo beautiful and would perfectly suit an album. Quiet Waiter Blue Forever is sooooo stunning and gentle. The minute she included that in her TJF snippet, I dreamed of a song like that

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Melodrama didn’t have that much piano 

Songs in Melodrama - 11

Songs that have piano - 8 (Green Light, The Louvre, Liability, Loveless, Sober II, Writer In The Dark, Supercut, Perfect Places)

21 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

The piano tracks on Melodrama were the only ones Jack sole produced fwiw. The other songs’ more interesting production styles came from like Flume or Malay. 

I liked this TikTok about the “Jack Antonoff Cinematic Universe” https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMemgT8e4/

They better not hear The Greatest/Liability, Love Song/LMLYLAW/WAH and lets better not continue... I dont think this guy is a  bad musician or producer, but he's noticeably uncreative composition-wise.

25 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Push Me Down 

Rock version with a better chorus

And with a sarcastic tone

55 minutes ago, Marius said:

We are tired of Jack and yet we’re getting another album entirely produced by him filled with piano ballads :awkney: Andrew Watt gave us fuck it I love you and Doin Time - two bops. and we need more of them rn. She can keep folk for country flop album with Nikki. :nails:

not a huge fan of Watt's work but it would be a nice choice

20 minutes ago, lanadelrat said:

I know the gays hate Lana collabs but if Rock Candy Sweet had one who would you want the most? 

Field Medic

I'm ready to get hated :illumilana2:

9 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

Songs in Melodrama - 11

Songs that have piano - 8 (Green Light, The Louvre, Liability, Loveless, Sober II, Writer In The Dark, Supercut, Perfect Places)

Not by itself i mean-there were other louder instruments