Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

jack just lacks complexity and individually. his music becomes very one-note, he's like the dr. luke of the late 10s cause he's so incredibly basic and reuses the same shit over and over again, he's just your average commercial pop producer. people point out work he's done amazing work on other stuff like 1989 and melodrama but those albums both have like 6 other producers so all the credit can't go to him. ultraviolence and born to die do so well with embracing other genres like rock and hip hop because their respective producers make that kind of music.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

26 minutes ago, lanadelrat said:

I know the gays hate Lana collabs but if Rock Candy Sweet had one who would you want the most? 

manifesting this remix <33333

tumblr_inline_pbw9to77mj1rt2432_500.gifv

31 minutes ago, lanadelrat said:

I know the gays hate Lana collabs but if Rock Candy Sweet had one who would you want the most? 

Bruce Springsteen.

1 minute ago, new gods said:

i really don't understand how your whole shtick is wanting artists to grow yet you think lana making the same music with jack over and over again is evolution :biblio:

Do we feed the troll? No, we don‘t

:nono:

On 12/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, Dominikx4 said:
  • Lana usually comes in with an idea, and Rick plays the piano trying to find the right chords (as seen in the Change video Lana posted back in 2017)
  • Lana's mindset is "this is her vision, [...] this is what she wanted to hear". A lot of the mixing choices on Honeymoon were Lana's call
  • Lana and Jack usually write songs by Jack playing on his guitar and Lana singing over it

As far as I'm concerned, this is the reason for the repetition on COCC and other albums. It's Lana singing to the same old chord progressions rather than the producer making her ideas into a reality.

16 minutes ago, new gods said:

jack just lacks complexity and individually. his music becomes very one-note, he's like the dr. luke of the late 10s cause he's so incredibly basic and reuses the same shit over and over again, he's just your average commercial pop producer. people point out work he's done amazing work on other stuff like 1989 and melodrama but those albums both have like 6 other producers so all the credit can't go to him. ultraviolence and born to die do so well with embracing other genres like rock and hip hop because their respective producers make that kind of music.

spilled.

6 minutes ago, new gods said:

i really don't understand how your whole shtick is wanting artists to grow yet you think lana making the same music with jack over and over again is evolution :biblio:

spilled even harder. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

honestly i would prefer an album of coachella beats than another quiet jack antonoff production

the production on coachella is good, it's the lyrics that are iffy

45 minutes ago, lanadelrat said:

Miss Courtney Love

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

the production on coachella is good, it's the lyrics that are iffy

Miss Courtney Love

An angry / diss track with Courtney would be iconic if done right!!!

20 minutes ago, new gods said:

he's like the dr. luke of the late 10s

:awk:

anyways i think we should all stop hating on jack and other producers. like i’ve said before, lana is the executive producer. there’s nothing jack can do but listen to her. she can go to every single producer in the world and it’s still going to be the same thing. if lana wants a certain producer to do something, they have to do it and rightfully so. if lana wants to do something folky or country, that isn’t jack’s fault. we should all be excited for what’s next but if lana wants to explore new sounds, don’t hate on jack, don’t hate on lana, don’t hate on anybody. 

please go sit out under the sun and smell some plants wow it is so nice

wow i am so excited for ldr to get revenge with RCS. Publications should count their days.

no men on RCS pls, id be fine with Courtney just because that would be iconic as hell!

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel like i'm the only one here who's okay with the idea of another folk / stripped down album :die: 

I wouldn't mind folk if it wasn't produced by Jack

Lana follows a lot of folk musicians (I know because I follow some of them too), why can't she reach to them and produce something together? It would be so much better than anything that Jack can do