Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Don't forget that, after the release of NFR!, she mentioned writing songs for a new version of 'Alice in Wonderland.' Perhaps that's part of what he's referring to? After 'Big Eyes,' and with all the success she's had since, I can see filmmakers seeking her out for scores or other additions to their films, though Hollywood is at its nadir right now. 

And she mentioned writing a theatrical musical--which, if true, is something I hope she think twice about, as Tori Amos totally derailed her career over her own musical, 'The Light Princess,' which took some seven years of her life and then flopped commercially, and, to me, creatively too. 

42 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Don't forget that, after the release of NFR!, she mentioned writing songs for a new version of 'Alice in Wonderland.' Perhaps that's part of what he's referring to? After 'Big Eyes,' and with all the success she's had since, I can see filmmakers seeking her out for scores or other additions to their films, though Hollywood is at its nadir right now. 

And she mentioned writing a theatrical musical--which, if true, is something I hope she think twice about, as Tori Amos totally derailed her career over her own musical, 'The Light Princess,' which took some seven years of her life and then flopped commercially, and, to me, creatively too. 

Yeah but lana is way more talented than fucking Cornflake Girl

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Me @ lana: :ahh: SAY SOMETHING 

lana: *DEAFENING SILENCE*  :runs:

It’s amazing how she just dropped that blue bannisters picture with absolutely no indication of what it could be and then fled. 

18 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

No  :eartha:

In any case, I’d love more piano in her future, but give it fire! I’d love something like this arrangement of Father Lucifer on RCS.

otherworldly reverb drenched guitars, intensity while still maintaining her signature beauty and fragility. 

32 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

It’s amazing how she just dropped that blue bannisters picture with absolutely no indication of what it could be and then fled. 

I don't know if she does this to sound mysterious or because she just wants to. I just wish she could be more organized with her releases and stopped announcing dates that she has no intentions to keep 

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't know if she does this to sound mysterious or because she just wants to. I just wish she could be more organized with her releases and stopped announcing dates that she has no intentions to keep 

same!!! I think she thinks she’s being mysterious and maybe gets off on it but it’s mostly just annoying. Lol. It’d be different if she didn’t have a track record of flaking a bit regarding dates and such. 

none of its worth getting truly upset at, though, so it’s best to just ride the wave and take the little tidbits as they come 

18 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

This! Honestly, I am so hoping for a track that mirrors the sarcastic quips in Money Power Glory.

Wasn't fucked my way up to the top also sarcastic?

Btw fmwuttt x money power glory would sound godly :party:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

38 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I think it‘s just a clever marketing strategy. She gives us a hint and lets us talk about it for weeks or months and creates a buzz this way. Speculations can build up a hype.

Imagine if she said „Blue Bannisters out 29th of April. It‘s a piano ballad I recorded with Jack and it won‘t have a music video. It‘s 4:26 long“. :yawn:

edit: oh you meant RCS, not the song. Guess it‘s still the same though.

Is anyone else having a hard time connecting with this era? I’m not as hyped up about the upcoming album as I was with Chemtrails even though she was super delayed. Maybe I’m subconsciously preparing myself for June 1st to come and go without word on the album? Maybe a song snippet on Insta would light the fire in my excitement again. Sometimes I even go back to Lana’s Chemtrails announcement video where we heard “contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club” for the first time and the spark instantly comes back: the rush of knowing sumn epic is coming; this community’s excitement over the preview; the imminent preorder, etc. Yeah I’m gonna go with we need more tangible receipts and I’ll be super jazzed again. 

933-E0-D6-F-07-A6-46-E0-ADFE-1-E77447-E8

1 hour ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

Tori is very talented but her scope of themes is too limited for my taste. Tori is always angry, always victim-mongering, whereas LDR seems to be able to tackle almost any topic, theme, subject, and step into multiple personas. 

9 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Is anyone else having a hard time connecting with this era? I’m not as hyped up about the album coming as I was with Chemtrails even though she was super delayed. Maybe I’m subconsciously preparing myself for June 1st to come and go without word on the album? Maybe a song snippet on Insta would light the fire in my excitement again. Sometimes I even go back to Lana’s Chemtrails announcement video where we heard “contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club” for the first time and the spark instantly comes back: the rush of knowing sumn epic is coming; this community’s excitement over the preview; the imminent preorder, etc. Yeah I’m gonna go with we need more tangible receipts and I’ll be super jazzed again. 

933-E0-D6-F-07-A6-46-E0-ADFE-1-E77447-E8

I wanted to reply that we dont even know if bb is a song or a poem and that we should just wait... but your gif is distracting me :lolliney:

manifesting waking up to some post tomorrow morning - I also wonder what the hell that chuck film thing is that lana helped with