Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, past the bushes said:

just bring BRTHR back, Chemtrails was her best MV in ages :oprah3:

The only good thing about it was the high budget production and the fancy looks.

Apart from that it was an anticlimatic, overloaded mess

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I've kinda given up on expecting good music videos from her lately, we normally get at least one good video every era, and it's normally the one that's been directed by a real director, and even then it's not necessarily going to be groundbreaking, Chemtrails was fantastic visually but we've not had generally great visuals like that since Ultraviolence. (Well the LFL era had some pretty gorgeous visuals as well tbh) I did really like Music To Watch Boys To but i only liked the shot of her on the lounge chair, there should have been more focus on that particular scene, and with color, because it's gorgeous and it's one of the looks i remember so vividly when i think of the Honeymoon era. Love was striking too, but again there should have been more focus on her. NFR is the only era where she doesn't have a particularly iconic look, i sort of think of that little black bomber jacket in the Fuck It I Love You video, but that's so lame...

I'm really hoping, if Rock Candy Sweet is going to be a fully flushed out era that we get at least one iconic look to remember, the way we got for BTD, UV, HM, LFL and COCC

Love is one of my favourite music videos. The reason it didn't focus on her is because she said the song was for her fans. In the end it's one of the few songs (or even the only song?) where she doesn't sing about herself: "Look at you kids (...)".

I really enjoyed TG's music video, singing in that industrial area was very fitting for the theme of the song. TG is about the old golden ages of the U.S. and the western world: I miss Long Beach, i miss this and that. I had a ball, I'm facing the greatest loss and so on. It was that kind of industry that made the western world rich and brought them those golden ages, but also contributed to climate change and other problems we face today. Like the american dream or the U.S. political power, that industry is in decline nowadays and a relict of the past. The video might not have a high replay value because nothing really happens, but I like to rewatch it from time to time because the message of the song and the visuals match so well: It's the essence of NFR for me.

And NFR had the DT music video, seeing giant Lana and young Lana with a blonde wig was everything. And Freak was fun too! :)

Remember when Lana made references to 2 songs from The National in The Greatest MV then followed up with “I wanna collaborate with them” https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-says-wants-collaborate-national-2544533 :defeated:

But they didn’t bite at all and went to work with other female artists instead (Taylor being the biggest name). To think what we could have had. The lyrics, the vocal harmonies, the sadness, the atmosphere :icant: 

/late night feelings 

It's been 3 days and HMV haven't replied back to me. Why do I feel like they put my e-mail on the blacklist?

5-AA98-AAE-B4-B4-40-E5-8-C27-BB00-FAB4-C

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, Lentilus said:

Page 301 of literally nothing. :creepna:

This thread is boring me to death and I‘m already dead :smokes4:

7 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

the way Qobuz made a livestream last year saying "no we don't know about that but we'll let y'all know when we do" 

lipsters harassing qobuz and recording phone calls with record stores last summer 5-AA98-AAE-B4-B4-40-E5-8-C27-BB00-FAB4-C we need this energy back

38 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

It's been 3 days and HMV haven't replied back to me. Why do I feel like they put my e-mail on the blacklist?

the colleague assigned to the email:

giphy.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

10 hours ago, lustforlife said:

I dont want a sweet thing this time... i want full anger 

FUCK THE MEDIA 

FUCK ME 

AND FUCK U TOO 

Reveal hidden contents

:ma:

YAAAAASSSSSS FRIEND PREACH

:illumilana2:

25 minutes ago, Marius said:

When are we going to check our fellow companion Shazam again? It’s the most reliable source we have:ma:

We need a song to Shazam first :toofloppy:

"Don’t forget me"