Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

ignore the fact it's Demi but if this album exists a vinyl like this would be cool imo but with pink and blue or something instead

Ezllm0TXIAEQmo3?format=jpg&name=medium 

Kinda like this?

xkdxd2hq2mi21.jpg

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

i need some stronger instrumentals. cocc has good instrumentals but not great instrumentals. they're really good and the melodies are perfect but i want them to be fleshed out. i love that her voice is in the front of the songs but i need something like west coast where that guitar synth??? comes in towards the end and it's weeping against lana's voice and it's such a beautiful contrast from her voice and the dark wah wah sound behind the drums 

also can we have some kind of vocal layering like we used to get? i think only TJF had some but the vocals being layered behind the guitars during the bridge of Shades of Cool were phenomenal and the vocals from FMWHTTT being layered toward the end of UV was a choice I need more of. also!! the Barrie vocals during the ending of Brooklyn Baby!!! UGHHHHHH i go back to UV and it only makes me realize how BADLY i need someone to work with Lana who can evoke something so pleasing to pick apart again that the next layer you pull from a song is only scratching the surface 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I'm hoping for more relatable/creative lyrics on this album. Chemtrails had better songwriting than Norman, but I can't personally relate to most of it bc obviously I'm not famous. She's sung about fame plenty of times in the past, but it could usually be interpreted multiple ways, and I really miss digging through all the layers of meaning in her music and figuring out what it means to me. There's probably more to her newer lyrics that I'm not picking up on, but they just seem so straightforward to me and I'm ready for something more complex.

7 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Haha yes! As queen @bel air rose said:

1. Lana posted that selfie of her in the orange/teal-striped top on March 26th.

(Unrelated, but that was also the day we found out Chemtrails went to #1 in the UK and that selfie of her holding her accolade went up). 

and then

2. On the evening of March 28th, Clay posted those pictures to IG where a video director named Connor Gould (who was involved with Don’t Call Me Angel) commented “no photos on set please,” to which Clay replied “?

So I definitely think it’s possible she filmed something around that time. I don’t necessarily think that beautiful selfie she blessed us with was for a video, because the makeup looked very day-to-day for Lana and we know she usually glams it up a bit more for her videos and usually Etienne or Sheridan will post the set to their IG stories, but given the fact that selfies have been used as promo lately, I definitely could see that selfie being taken amidst other photos that we’ll see eventually! Especially since what we think is the Blue Banisters single cover is a selfie!

Well, it was nothing related to Lana. It was the music video recording of a guy named Jamie Miller. There are some photos and videos on Instagram.

8 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Who said she is getting involved in cruella??

It’s only spéculation.

Eclipse, on his Insta, said an important female alternative artist was featured on the soundtrack. And in the NFR era, there was her post with Rick and two other guys captioned Disney (we thought at the time it could have been for Maleficent 2).

6 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'm not sure if any of you have already mentioned this but I need RCS videos to not no be home-made videos. OK, that's Lana's style or brand or whatever (and I like it) but more of the half of NFR videos are home-made ones and we´re waiting for the ones for CHEMTRAILS to come... I need UV/BTD videos back. I'm scared they will never be back.:hdu:

I Love all the videos she did with Rich Lee (except LFL, which flops so quickly).

I’m fine with homemade videos as long as there is at least a big-budget and interesting one in the era. 

4 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i need some stronger instrumentals. cocc has good instrumentals but not great instrumentals. they're really good and the melodies are perfect but i want them to be fleshed out. i love that her voice is in the front of the songs but i need something like west coast where that guitar synth??? comes in towards the end and it's weeping against lana's voice and it's such a beautiful contrast from her voice and the dark wah wah sound behind the drums 

also can we have some kind of vocal layering like we used to get? i think only TJF had some but the vocals being layered behind the guitars during the bridge of Shades of Cool were phenomenal and the vocals from FMWHTTT being layered toward the end of UV was a choice I need more of. also!! the Barrie vocals during the ending of Brooklyn Baby!!! UGHHHHHH i go back to UV and it only makes me realize how BADLY i need someone to work with Lana who can evoke something so pleasing to pick apart again that the next layer you pull from a song is only scratching the surface 

Couldn't agree more with everything you said . I love vocal layering along with a great instrumental especially with Lana's voice . I think that these factors can really elevate a song, make it fuller :flutter:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

8 hours ago, boom like that said:

Kinda like this?

xkdxd2hq2mi21.jpg

Omfg I didn’t know Tennis had a RCS-vibe vinyl! I love these guys, I was about to buy plane tickets n fly out to see their “comeback” (post-quarantine) show at Red Rocks but I’m gonna be on a wedding trip :( Highly recommend if ya’ll want sumn to satisfy your quench for new music. Anyway, less than 40 days for the drought to continue :creep:

21 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The way I’m more excited at the moment for Lana being maybe possibly involved on the Cruella soundtrack rather than anything RCS or Blue Bannisters at this point :crossed:

her posts have become so anticlimatic : randomly dropping some shit and not follow up on it. White Dress was a bit different since we knew we were getting it on release day worst case scenario (which happened) 

A PUNK lana track would be great to match those movie's vibes. Like a cross between west coast and 'where is my mind' by pixies