HeartshapedChevrolet

Paradise - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Paradise  

277 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs from Paradise?

• Ride
    • American
    • Cola
    • Body Electric
    • Blue Velvet
    • Gods & Monsters
    • Yayo
    • Bel Air
    • Burning Desire

I'm sorry for bumping this up but I just have to express my love for this album. I remember when I bought it. And read the lyric book while waiting for my train to come. And tonight I've sung pretty much all the songs after each other, starting Off To The Races and now I'm at Blue Velvet. My voice is getting sore, haha.

I love these songs. They're so pretty. I love them. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Okay, now I'm confused.

DLZObJlWsAEOZDw.jpg

whatisthetruth.gif

It's hard

UV now is boring 2 me, I've listened it 21432338723 times and I'm bored, but BTD: TPE is magic  :defeated:

Help

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

woah, there hasn't been much of a discussion on here since like Paradise's actual release lmao but: I didn't care much for it before but I've come to love Yayo. I actually prefer Paradise Yayo over the original now. :defeated:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I used to hate this ep but I consider it as her most creative approach in her whole discography after BTD, meaning the concept behind the EP, the visuals we got, the tour stage and looks we got, all based around the Paradise EP concept

i will love you until the end of time.

My opinion on this EP changed so much from first listen to like 10th listen. It came out as soon as I became a fan, but was still in critique-mode. At first I only liked Ride, blue velvet, gods and monsters, burning desire and Bel Air.

I knew Cola, Body Electric and Yayo were beautiful and creative but something about them rubbed me the wrong way, but when I had time to properly listen to it all on a road trip, I quickly realised they were some of her best work.

I thought American was boring but it really soothed me when I needed it and I love it for that.

I think it's definitely her most talented album

I like Paradise!

Ride and Gods and Monsters are God Tier. 

Bel Air and American are beautiful, soothing tracks that I like to listen to when I'm feeling breezy. 

Blue Velvet is nice and I don't usually skip

Cola I've never really cared for that much but its fine.

Body Electric is actually a nice song but its produced so much more quietly than anything else on the record and that aggravates me so I don't really listen to it. 

Yayo is a nice nod to her past but its not as good as the AKA version. 

I feel like Paradise is weirdly under appreciated amongst Lana fans and I’ve never understood it. Anyway, Paradise is a great album. At least I think so. With only 8 songs and a runtime just over a half hour, it feels the most like an old classic album out of all her albums. And to me it’s always been almost a jazzy psychedelic rock album (I know it’s not really). And all the songs are amazing too. My favourite song on the album has always been Body Electric and it’s probably even still one of my favourite songs of hers in general. And idk if this is weird, but the album as a whole always gave me Janis Joplin vibes even though it doesn’t sound like her music at all... idk. I just love this album and think it deserves more appreciation.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

criminally underrated EP. although it's sonically cohesive, it really does feel like every song has it's own little vibe to it, it's own little quirk, it's own little touch of magic. i actually see paradise as lana's most cinematic work, by far, and every song is soooo damn tight (except maybe its version of yayo lmao) i can't see why people underrate it.

Wq9zHLl.jpg