salvatore

Lana Del Rey: All 113 Songs Ranked, a Critics List

While I 100% agree that Hope is a Dangerous Thing is her best song (for so many reasons), the rest of the list is... quite questionable x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

They put West Coast as 12 to give the girlies a chance... we all know it's scientifically proven that West Coast the best piece of music making from the 21st century...

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

coachella at #47 and not #113... a mistake

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

While I 100% agree that Hope is a Dangerous Thing is her best song (for so many reasons), the rest of the list is... quite questionable x

someone saying hope IADT being #1 is a hot take that i dearly respect...like do i agree? i have to think about it but i dont deny it's ultimacy

white dress is too low in top 10 and yosemite needs to be in that top three

Just now, salvatore said:

someone saying hope IADT being #1 is a hot take that i dearly respect...like do i agree? i have to think about it but i dont deny it's ultimacy

It's also important to keep in mind that Best doesn't always been Favourite. So, you sort of need to look at the list objectively. But pretty much since Hope's release, I've acknowledged that it is technically her best song. That doesn't mean it's necessarily my favourite (it's in my top 20 though) but there's so many elements of the song that really make it a true masterpiece, and nothing less.

• It's her best song lyrically - hands down, no contest.
  • Her vocals are incredible. She perfectly executes beautiful high & low notes that display her range. Not many artists can do this in the way she does.
  • The melody is just beautiful and simple enough for anyone to digest, yet not too simple that its boring or forgettable. 
  • The production complements the song just perfectly. I know the production is a reason why some people don't like the song as it comes off a bit too simple or "boring" for some, but the song speaks such volumes on its own - it could have been an acapella track and been just as powerful. For this track, the production enhances rather than defines the song, and that's a true tell sign of a masterpiece song. A heavier production would have just drowned it and took away from its delicacy and specialness. 
  • The song is incredibly emotive. I'm a strong believer that those who don't like hope just haven't been in the situation the song is about. Once you've been in that place - feeling like you've gone crazy and that all hope you had for the world has slipped like sand through your fingers, all the way to the point where you're no longer building a house out of that sand anymore but a house out of rediscovered hope - you understand this song. You become a part of it.

I intend to write like a whole essay-post on why this song is her best one day and post it in the Hope thread or something, but for now, those are my brief thoughts x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

It's also important to keep in mind that Best doesn't always been Favourite. So, you sort of need to look at the list objectively. But pretty much since Hope's release, I've acknowledged that it is technically her best song. That doesn't mean it's necessarily my favourite (it's in my top 20 though) but there's so many elements of the song that really make it a true masterpiece, and nothing less.

• It's her best song lyrically - hands down, no contest.
  • Her vocals are incredible. She perfectly executes beautiful high & low notes that display her range. Not many artists can do this in the way she does.
  • The melody is just beautiful and simple enough for anyone to digest, yet not too simple that its boring or forgettable. 
  • The production complements the song just perfectly. I know the production is a reason why some people don't like the song as it comes off a bit too simple or "boring" for some, but the song speaks such volumes on its own - it could have been an acapella track and been just as powerful. For this track, the production enhances rather than defines the song, and that's a true tell sign of a masterpiece song. A heavier production would have just drowned it and took away from its delicacy and specialness. 
  • The song is incredibly emotive. I'm a strong believer that those who don't like hope just haven't been in the situation the song is about. Once you've been in that place - feeling like you've gone crazy and that all hope you had for the world has slipped like sand through your fingers, all the way to the point where you're no longer building a house out of that sand anymore but a house out of rediscovered hope - you understand this song. You become a part of it.

I intend to write like a whole essay-post on why this song is her best one day and post it in the Hope thread or something, but for now, those are my brief thoughts x

I want this post framed!!! <3