salvatore

Lana Del Rey: All 113 Songs Ranked, a Critics List

20 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

sorry but there's no way this is what makes us girls is better than ~70% of her discography :bebe:

tiwmug is that bitch and will always be that bitch! 

now woman by cat powers where she's just doing backing vocals being above black beauty is simply diabolical what the fuck

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Just now, new gods said:

tiwmug is that bitch and will always be that bitch! 

now woman by cat powers where she's just doing backing vocals being above black beauty is simply diabolical what the fuck

don't get me wrong i love tiwmug :nails: but.... is it really deserving of that #38 position or whatever it was? maybe but maybe not

now coachella being higher than so many songs... being higher than california MTWBT flipside black beauty salvatore art deco etc etc is SADISTIC and CRUEL and the worst thing i've seen in a while

sUcVobB.png

i don't think it's really fair that they put other artists songs she features in, that she most likely has little to no creative input on, in the list. like the kasey musgraves duet cover above her original songs doesn't sit right with me.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Florida Kilios being nearly last invalidates it immediately...

Now time to report this so called list to The Hauge BC several war crimes have been committed here today and I will not stand for it :read::makeup2:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

also this is less of a problem with this ranking and more with discography rankings overall.... but does it really make sense to rank certain songs lower because they don't fit as well into the original album (i think without you for example in this list)? or like THAT low just because of that reason?

how a song fits into its album becomes much less relevant when you remove it from that context completely :tommy:

sUcVobB.png

i just can't get over how strange this listing is?? there are so many songs that are placed either way higher or way lower than they should be. i totally get that taste is subjective and everyone likes different songs, but i can't imagine living in a headspace where i think that the burnt norton interlude is better than black beauty.

also: still bitter about heroin only being at #57 :candy:

imageproxy.jpg

i liked it :bebe: y'all had me worried

i don't personally agree with all the placements, but as an objective ranking, i think it's a lot better than many i've seen -- it's pretty clear from the descriptions that the author knows LDR's catalogue well and i think he has interesting things to say about the songs!!! i agreed with a lot of his observations and even where i didn't, i think he brings up interesting points

ig everyone can stay mad that the album version of Lolita is a mess (an iconic mess but the demos outsold in terms of being listenable lmfao) and that hiadt is a career-defining track

o4qjp4j.png

13 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

i think it's a lot better than many i've seen -- it's pretty clear from the descriptions that the author knows LDR's catalogue well and i think he has interesting things to say about the songs!!!

:whoopi::pls: