Elle

Lana Del Rey x Nikki Lane 1 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

i just want some sort of fire, like country fire but still intense. she has so many wonderful country-ish songs and covers but some are just missing that magic :trisha:

right if she's gonna do country it better be like...exceptionally good country. cause otherwise girl just go away. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

11 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

The entire concept of a country girls collab album just makes me think of Trio, which makes me believe there’s no possible way for this to be bad. 

Hide contents

Lana is literally today's Linda Ronstadt lol

34 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

right if she's gonna do country it better be like...exceptionally good country. cause otherwise girl just go away. 

I don't mind the twangy guitar and the instrumentals sounding more country but I hate the sound of country accents in music, that's what really bothers me about country music. It sounds so unnecessary that it ruins it for me and all i think about is backwoods hillbillies getting shitfaced. I don't want hillbilly Lana, I want Lana but with yet again another twist

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 hours ago, honeybadger said:

:xcry: i mean all i told you to do was fuck off... it's not like you have to listen. clearly you didn't anyways so whatever and i didn't call you disgusting and shame your looks which, with some liberties on my behalf, is what you said about her. also being fat does not mean being unhealthy, being thin does not mean healthy, etc etc. but i don't plan to take time out of my day to educate you on that!

anyways i still think nancy (& lee) vibes are what we need on this album, like barrie & lana but instead nikki & lana :sass: for all us sapphics too

Well, where I live, when I put on extra pounds, my doctor raises it as a concern. Most doctors do nowadays. Especially if you're 10 Kg+ overweight. 

But I can totally imagine that doctors in the US think a bit differently, which would explain the number of obese Americans. It is the birthplace of fast food and McDonalds, after all. 

however, this is the top result on Google on the topic of "does being fat means you're unhealthy?

The idea that someone can be "fat and fit" — that is, overweight but still healthy — has been around for some time. But don't be fooled. "The latest science is quite clear that excess weight can carry considerable health risks, including a higher risk for heart attack and stroke.

So, again, y'all need to get real - being fat is not cool. Especially not for a pop star who little girls look up to. 

p.s. You can go fuck yourself too. 

22 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Well, where I live, when I put on extra pounds, my doctor raises it as a concern. Most doctors do nowadays. Especially if you're 10 Kg+ overweight. 

But I can totally imagine that doctors in the US think a bit differently, which would explain the number of obese Americans. It is the birthplace of fast food and McDonalds, after all. 

however, this is the top result on Google on the topic of "does being fat means you're unhealthy?

The idea that someone can be "fat and fit" — that is, overweight but still healthy — has been around for some time. But don't be fooled. "The latest science is quite clear that excess weight can carry considerable health risks, including a higher risk for heart attack and stroke.

So, again, y'all need to get real - being fat is not cool. Especially not for a pop star who little girls look up to. 

Are you a doctor? Who the hell are you to tell Lana she's fat? In the US, a lot of men are attracted to women with thick thighs or a big ass or big tits. A lot of men are also attracted to skinnier women too. There's always someone out there who's attracted to whatever size someone might be. Your sole opinion, which I don't think you're a doctor on Lanaboards, correct me if I'm wrong, but your opinion doesn't validate being rude. In the US, mental health is a big problem, especially with COVID, and along with those are eating disorders caused by people telling other people they're too fat or too skinny. If Lana was 600+ lbs, maybe we could worry about her health, but... she's not even remotely close to morbidly obese. And even then, it's none of our places to scream at her. If she were that overweight, she would know it, she would be able to tell, herself.

It's nobody's place to be calling her too fat or too thin. Lana is in the public, yes, but saying those things are what causes a lot of people issues with their weight. Some people can't help it, they take medication that makes them gain weight and they can't lose it. Some people are genetically born to be bigger -- they just can't help it. I've always had a body image issue with my weight without anyone calling me fat, so imagine yourself having people tweet "fatty" or any other mean shit at you just because you might've gained 10 or 15 pounds? It's just... rude, public figure or not. And she didn't ask you for health advice -- so keep it to yourself.

Also, want to point out, people who actually ARE fat, they know they're fat. Pointing it out and saying "Ugh, you're unhealthy and you're gonna die quicker than me hehe" doesn't make you any better than them. That's just plain toxic. You can have opinions, but sometimes you don't have to share those opinions. America is trying to move into a place where people of all shapes, colors, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, whatever are okay to be who they are and how they come. This is just... some weird gatekeeping thing. Not sure about your culture in your country, but people are starting to be open about who they are and trying to get to a place with being happy about who they are and how they look and that's such a healthy thing for people to do in general. If someone is happy being fat, let them live and be fat. If they're happy being skinny, let them live. There's no need to be rude.

On another note-- Lana herself sings about stuff like this in Boarding School. "I'm a fan of the pro-ana nation - had to do drugs to stop the f-food cravings." If Lana is off of drugs and eating regularly, no one has a place to tell her anything about her weight. We don't know much about if she struggled in the past with eating disorders, but people making comments that she's overweight or anything even remotely close to it is disgusting. 

And your "American doctors are prolly less concerned about weight" comment is quite insulting. Doctors in the US do worry about weight but not everything is about your weight. Fuck off.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

44 minutes ago, barttttender said:

you're acting like she's morbidly obese (and if she was, you still shouldn't comment on her size) just because she isn't stick thin doesn't mean she's "fat" or unhealthy, she could be totally healthy, and i gurantee you, you're not pointing out her size because you worry about her health, you're just doing it because you feel the need to insult her, you're not saying anything kind or helpful, so don't say anything at all

and what's funny is that you insulting her for her size is way more harmful for young, impressionable people, lana being a certain size and literally just existing isn't going to harm someone's self-perception the same way body-shaming will

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

you're acting like she's morbidly obese (and if she was, you still shouldn't comment on her size) just because she isn't stick thin doesn't mean she's "fat" or unhealthy, she could be totally healthy, and i gurantee you, you're not pointing out her size because you worry about her health, you're just doing it because you feel the need to insult her, you're not saying anything kind or helpful, so don't say anything at all

Exactly! Also, there's a thing of being unhealthily too skinny as well as unhealthily overweight. And Lana isn't either one of those. Even if she was, it isn't our place to say anything about it or our problem!!!! Ugh idk how people in this world don't understand that concept

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I bet your ass is jealous of all the shit that's been coming from that mouth :smile2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Aaaaah the old "but being fat is unhealthy!" excuse for bodyshaming and bullying. :awk:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

24 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Aaaaah the old "but being fat is unhealthy!" excuse for bodyshaming and bullying. :awk:

LMAO!

Yes, just like people still worry about smoking. IMAGINE THAT!:giggle:

45 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I bet your ass is jealous of all the shit that's been coming from that mouth :smile2:

Wow. That cliched line? Really? You sure you're an LDR fan? 

i said it once and i'll say it again, give me some 'Before He Cheats' action or The Chicks kind of vibe. like we all know Lana isn't going to go full country, just... "Lana country".

I want her to put her own spin on the genre and make it really fiery, like a user above said. Hey Blue Baby is a perfect example of this. and Nikki can do fast songs!

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

44 minutes ago, barttttender said:

LMAO!

Yes, just like people still worry about smoking. IMAGINE THAT!:giggle:

Cause you are clearly worried about health here and not just trying REALLY hard to justify shaming people cause of their weight. :agree:

I'm sorry for all the people who had to go to school with you 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

9 hours ago, barttttender said:

Lmao!

i love how 'fuck off' is cool with the admin. But pointing out someone looks unhealthy (which is what being being fat means, in case you didn't know) is frowned upon. 

i love Lana to death. But what am i supposed to say??? That she looks great! Nope. I don't live in PC  America, where apparently guns in schools are cool but "body shaming" is not. I mean, cry me a f-ing river. ? 

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

going by your set location u live in a country where being gay is punishable by death and women have to ask permission from a male guardian to marry. i feel like this ain't a good comparison??

qfrWuBl.png

2 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Are you a doctor? Who the hell are you to tell Lana she's fat? In the US, a lot of men are attracted to women with thick thighs or a big ass or big tits. A lot of men are also attracted to skinnier women too. There's always someone out there who's attracted to whatever size someone might be. Your sole opinion, which I don't think you're a doctor on Lanaboards, correct me if I'm wrong, but your opinion doesn't validate being rude. In the US, mental health is a big problem, especially with COVID, and along with those are eating disorders caused by people telling other people they're too fat or too skinny. If Lana was 600+ lbs, maybe we could worry about her health, but... she's not even remotely close to morbidly obese. And even then, it's none of our places to scream at her. If she were that overweight, she would know it, she would be able to tell, herself.

It's nobody's place to be calling her too fat or too thin. Lana is in the public, yes, but saying those things are what causes a lot of people issues with their weight. Some people can't help it, they take medication that makes them gain weight and they can't lose it. Some people are genetically born to be bigger -- they just can't help it. I've always had a body image issue with my weight without anyone calling me fat, so imagine yourself having people tweet "fatty" or any other mean shit at you just because you might've gained 10 or 15 pounds? It's just... rude, public figure or not. And she didn't ask you for health advice -- so keep it to yourself.

(...)

Thank you babe

I take gabapentin medicine - just like Lana probably, as she mentioned about it in one of her poems - for my depression and struggle with weight is REAL. But right now my mental health is more important than these 10 kg more. :crai:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

"Breaking Up Slowly" is a great modern classic country song. If Nikki x Lana is more of the same, sign me up. Also, everyone has the right to be as thick as they want, especially Lana. Gtfo with your fat-phobia. 

And not to be a bitch,  but Nikki Lane is also a great singer. If you don't like Nikki, are you a fan of Lana's influences? Can you see the extraordinary beauty in voices like Lou Reed, Nina Simone, or Leonard Cohen? Lana is in the rare category of singers who has A) an undeniably Great voice and B) is fairy easy to listen to, like Lee Wiley or Ella Fitzgerald, but the fact that her voice is really pleasing is not what makes her a Great singer. Nikki and Lana blend their voices in a beautiful bouquet of sound. Damn, I'm gonna listen to "Breaking Up Slowly" again haha.

I don’t really see how her weight is our concern- the only time we should be able to comment on her at all is outfit wise during concerts as she needs to display an image-the jeans and t shirts needed to go, and thankfully they did.

the fact people think they are entitled to her appearance and how she chooses to display herself is both misogynist and overstepping the line on idol worship.

3 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

"Breaking Up Slowly" is a great modern classic country song. If Nikki x Lana is more of the same, sign me up. Also, everyone has the right to be as thick as they want, especially Lana. Gtfo with your fat-phobia. 

And not to be a bitch,  but Nikki Lane is also a great singer. If you don't like Nikki, are you a fan of Lana's influences? Can you see the extraordinary beauty in voices like Lou Reed, Nina Simone, or Leonard Cohen? Lana is in the rare category of singers who has A) an undeniably Great voice and B) is fairy easy to listen to, like Lee Wiley or Ella Fitzgerald, but the fact that her voice is really pleasing is not what makes her a Great singer. Nikki and Lana blend their voices in a beautiful bouquet of sound. Damn, I'm gonna listen to "Breaking Up Slowly" again haha.

Yeah but Lana sounded terrible with Nikki’s voice, Lana does not harmonise with women’s voices well at all especially voices like stevie Nicks and Nikki lane.

6 hours ago, donniedelrey said:

Idk if it's just me, but I do not like when lana sings with women. I don't usually like collabs in general, but I definitely prefer when she sings with men. I'm probably only gonna listen to this once lol.

I feel the same way. I reckon that's because Lana's voice blends better with guys' voices :)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif