Elle

Lana Del Rey x Nikki Lane 1 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i've always thought "my momma" had a slight twang to it... wildflower wildfire 2.0 is coming :oopna2:

My Momma, Next To Me, Pretty Baby and For K Pt. 1 are quite twangy/country to me :true: I could probably say that about every song on Sirens though 

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

My Momma, Next To Me, Pretty Baby and For K Pt. 1 are quite twangy/country to me :true: I could probably say that about every song on Sirens though 

what i'm about to say is off topic so carry on :nails:

Spoiler

isn't what most fans call "for k part 1" actually called "drive by" cause of it being featured on from the end but we don't actually have an official title for what we call "pretty baby"... so wouldn't it make sense for "pretty baby" to actually be "for k part 1" especially of the "for k part 2" connection with the lyric

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Hide contents

isn't what most fans call "for k part 1" actually called "drive by" cause of it being featured on from the end but we don't actually have an official title for what we call "pretty baby"... so wouldn't it make sense for "pretty baby" to actually be "for k part 1" especially of the "for k part 2" connection with the lyric

I think it's technically called Drive By, but I always call it For K Pt. 1 because it's kind of nostalgic for me lol. I never thought about Pretty Baby being the real For K Pt. 1 though, that's really interesting 

imageproxy.jpg

18 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Ok, honestly it's better than a collab with Migos or other pop/rap artists. There's something special about it, something only Lana can do. Maybe I can get more comfortable with it someday, The Prettiest Girl in Country Music actually sounds really good and whets the appetite for more.

if she ever collabs with migoSA…

22 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

i think its that lana's always naturally had a bit of that twang to her voice so once you toss a guitar in there we all get visions of her yeehaw potential :shh2:

21 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Hide contents

this has actually always been my theory :illumilana:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

i was actually listening to elvis earlier & it's definitely one of her most "country" songs she's made, honestly if lana & nikki record their own version of it i wouldn't be mad because this song deserves a final version (maybe there's a david kahne version sitting right by lemonade motorcycle heaven & reflec, who knows :oopna:)

WGe8ynS.gif

i honestly think its cute. i would love an album full of songs like this. i literally hate country music but at least i would be able to experience the ~country vibe~ while still holding onto my dignity. :mj: are there any suspected release dates?

Just now, the ocean said:

no :bebe:

i'm gonna plant the seed of november 2022 though :ma:

i hope its before summer bc i wanna live my sweet southern girl summer fantasy but i know that’s completely unrealistic :grinds: a girl can dream

i remember making my hatred for 'breaking up slowly' extremely vocal in the chemtrails pre-release thread. ironically enough it's now in my top 3 on chemtrails and country music has slowly (no pun intended) been taking over my music library:oprah:

personally, TPGiCM sounds like an american classic already. as multiple people have said here, the twang and country elements have lingered in lana's artistic vision and in the foundation of her music career, so i'm extremely excited to have more of that but make it defined and developed. :hype:

43 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I would choose album full of Prettiest Girl in Country Music-like songs over album full of Watercolor Eyes-like songs to be honest.

I agree. I can’t believe I’m saying this but if LDR9 is going to be with the current group of producers she has been working with, then I would rather hear a country album from her. 

honestly i need to hear a studio version of that prettiest girl song. it's not bad, it's not perfect, but i need to hear the studio version first before making a judgement bc i could barely hear lana. 

also, i know lana has said she doesn't like to be the main focal point to a featured song, but like.... can this not be a Nikki featuring Lana album? otherwise i don't think i'd care much tbh, it'll exist, i'll download it and that'll be that. prolly won't listen much if thats the case

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

25 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I agree. I can’t believe I’m saying this but if LDR9 is going to be with the current group of producers she has been working with, then I would rather hear a country album from her. 

i completely agree. i dont want another album with her recent sound

26 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

don't get me wrong i love nfr, cocc & bb but i do think she needs to start exploring a new sound cause i feel like she's fully explored that organic downtempo sound to it's fullest potential and anything further will just be going too far if you know what i mean? so i agree with you that even if she makes a country album that would be better than another jack record

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif