Elle

Lana Del Rey x Nikki Lane 1 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

15 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

did Lana even announce this album though? :bebe:

I know Nikki talked about it at a show over a year ago, but I can’t remember if Lana actually talked about it or not. 

I don’t know why everyone is hating, Lana music is Lana music even if Nikki is also involved. BUS is one of my favorite songs off COTCC and I’d love a full album in the same vein (but maybe with Nikki’s producers and not Jack) 

She didn't formally announce it but I think in one of their bar performances Lana said something about being excited about their country record (but maybe she meant "record" as just another new song.)

Nikki also talked in an interview that they wanted to write more songs together after BUS.

After both having new albums coming and no mention from either of them about more joint music I guess it's not coming anytime soon :eek:

giphy.gif

probably reaching massively, but Gabe Simon & Nikki have been using the dragon emoji promoting her new record, and does anyone else remember Lana teasing something with the dragon and rock emojis on Twitter 2020-2021? 

i think i'm just bored but

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

7 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

just thinking abt the dreamy country folk rock album serving twin peaks and rumours by fleetwood mac i created in my head :assad: 

You gave me a heart attack with this random thread bump.

gretchen-faca-gretchen.gif

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This album is going to be a true serve, some of you just aren't ready to face the facts. :w8ing:

if it ever leaves her hard drive :creep:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I posted this in the LDR9 pre-pre-release thread but it might have fit better here, Nikki Lane talked in an interview about their collab album and it sounds like it is indefinitely delayed, or at least not coming anytime soon.

Fans had to wait a long time for new music from Lane; they might have to get used to waiting. She co-wrote and sang on bluesy ballad “Breaking Up Slowly” from Del Rey’s 2021 album Chemtrails over the Country Club, but when I ask about a possible release date for the songs the pair penned on a road trip through Texas in a F-150 pick-up truck, she laughs. “There’s this thing synonymous with our job, where it feels like if you don’t do something in a timely fashion, [the interest] will go away. But what I’ve proved to myself by accident on this new album, is that it’s not going away. As long as I’m here, it’s gonna be here. And it’s cool to do something and for people to be kind of waiting for it.” 

Lane, Del Rey and Ferrell have performed together before, debuting a song called “The Prettiest Girl In Country Music” in January at a show in Austin, Texas; the song’s title was inspired by the words a creepy man once whispered into Lane’s ear. Can we expect an album from the three in the style of Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt’s 1987 country collaboration, Trio, anytime soon? “I think that’s the worst idea ever,” Lane hoots. “We would never play any shows. You’d never find a schedule that would work.” 

Instead, they’ll just keep on having an extremely good time on those rare occasions they do manage to get together. Maybe they’ll write some music, too. “We’ll go honky tonking together, or we’ll get a big house in Texas and live like a pile of idiots, swapping clothes and whatever – and there’ll be songs coming from that. But if you asked for a record, it’d almost f**k it up. I’d rather you hear nothing until 10 years from now you found out that we wrote a whole album!” 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/nikki-lane-interview-denim-and-diamonds-b2173916.html

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

I posted this in the LDR9 pre-pre-release thread but it might have fit better here, Nikki Lane talked in an interview about their collab album and it sounds like it is indefinitely delayed, or at least not coming anytime soon.

Fans had to wait a long time for new music from Lane; they might have to get used to waiting. She co-wrote and sang on bluesy ballad “Breaking Up Slowly” from Del Rey’s 2021 album Chemtrails over the Country Club, but when I ask about a possible release date for the songs the pair penned on a road trip through Texas in a F-150 pick-up truck, she laughs. “There’s this thing synonymous with our job, where it feels like if you don’t do something in a timely fashion, [the interest] will go away. But what I’ve proved to myself by accident on this new album, is that it’s not going away. As long as I’m here, it’s gonna be here. And it’s cool to do something and for people to be kind of waiting for it.” 

Lane, Del Rey and Ferrell have performed together before, debuting a song called “The Prettiest Girl In Country Music” in January at a show in Austin, Texas; the song’s title was inspired by the words a creepy man once whispered into Lane’s ear. Can we expect an album from the three in the style of Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt’s 1987 country collaboration, Trio, anytime soon? “I think that’s the worst idea ever,” Lane hoots. “We would never play any shows. You’d never find a schedule that would work.” 

Instead, they’ll just keep on having an extremely good time on those rare occasions they do manage to get together. Maybe they’ll write some music, too. “We’ll go honky tonking together, or we’ll get a big house in Texas and live like a pile of idiots, swapping clothes and whatever – and there’ll be songs coming from that. But if you asked for a record, it’d almost f**k it up. I’d rather you hear nothing until 10 years from now you found out that we wrote a whole album!” 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/nikki-lane-interview-denim-and-diamonds-b2173916.html

:krylie: