Elle

Lana Del Rey x Nikki Lane 1 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, NewportBitch said:

Nikki and Lana met during her UV era as they both had Dan Auerbach produce their albums around the same time! UV 2.0 y’-all :troll:

I listened to Nikki’s music tonight. It’s much more uptempo than Lana’s and quite fun. I can think of so many ways this collab will turn out but I’m still hesitant because their vocals are so different and Lana has a tendency to slow down her songs

This is actually very good, I like it!

49 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I guess Jack Antonoff produced the country album or what do you guys think?

I somehow can't imagine him producing a country album, but it could be possible. We'll see (maybe:troll:)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

50 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I guess Jack Antonoff produced the country album or what do you guys think?

if they were working on it the same time they made BUS it’s possible Jack did it. If they were working on it in November when Lana tweeted about working on two albums, Zach most likely helped with it, but it’s super possible Nikki knows producers and they went to someone else. 

I would be okay with any of those options. Jack KILLED BUS and I wouldn’t mind a whole album in the same vein. Zach would be perfect for a more country/blues sound, and whoever Nikki knows has probably worked with her before and knows what she wants/likes 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, deadlyynightshade said:

Tbh the fact that she didn't release the TLSP album still hurts to this day because we have seen how good the songs that got released are :cryney:

The only positive things that I can think of right now are that maybe it will be more on the rock and blues side and that maybe Dan will come along to help with the producing of the album :bebe:

We'll have to wait and see 

The way I know a Dan Auerbach comeback is not happening and yet you're giving me hope :wowcry:

Also, I 100% agree on the TLSP shelved album, personally I'm dying to listen to other songs off it and I'm sure it would be a major serve :pussypower:

LANE DEL REY IM LOVING THIS. HOPE IT COMES OUT THIS YEAR! I’M RUBBING THIS OVER YOUR SAD LITTLE FACES :hype: 

(But it will be a small project I think, not something that big. I even think it will be digital only. Probably an EP with 9 songs)

0YnL0Kf.gif

1 hour ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Did I.....just like a solo Nikki song? :wat:

It’s 7am and I need a drink already :oprah2:

Everything I thought I knew — lies  :whoopi:

lol at this scene tho

6-DCF66-EF-5003-40-A8-853-D-E584944-A1-C

check out her discography.... it's honestly great

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

It's not because they're doing an album, that they need to sing every song together. Maybe Nikki sings one, Lana sings another, they do back vocals for each other, and in others, they sing together. It could be a nice intimate project

So I guess the 2 albums she referred to in that tweet from November are this album and Rock Candy Sweet!

While I’m in the minority of people who are actually excited for this album, I don’t see a reason to be outright upset over this one as it doesn’t seem to be overshadowing Rock Candy Sweet at all. I thought it was made very clear in Music Week and through Lana’s social media comments lately that there would be a regular 8th studio album AND a supplemental project on the side just for fun.

Give it a chance, it’s Lana! We’re all here still - surely if you’re still on this site, then the music has kept you hooked! :party:

1 minute ago, recklessdaughter said:

The entire concept of a country girls collab album just makes me think of Trio, which makes me believe there’s no possible way for this to be bad. 

Hide contents

I really need her to collab with Dolly while she's still here. They have a lot in common

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg