Elle

OPINIONS NEEDED: Advertisements

Vignette Ads  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are the vignette ads tolerable?

• Yes, keep them.
    • No, remove them.

I think longterm this isn't the best option for LB, I think this will greatly lower the traffic, mostly from the masses of casual browsers. I've gotten the ads and it felt like they were popping up every 5 pages, so I'm not really into the whole idea. Also I detest subscription services like how some other people on the thread feel, so no. 

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I thought that I had some kind of malware on my phone... :hide:

It's a little bit annoying, but I don't care. For me you can keep it.

The only problem is that visitors might not like it and this can reduce the number of casual browsers 

7 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I personally think Lana should pay us for our valuable insights and unwavering stanship

:agree:

she can pay us in manifesting our beautiful wonderful VINYL N MERCH Ideas hint hint wink wink giphy.gif

op: i'm kinda indifferent to it. I dislike the subscription idea too, but am interested in the one payment thing for the added benefits(?) etc. 

UV/Honeymoon

i also dislike the idea of a subscription, i feel like it's off-putting and i don't think this is the kind of website where you should have to pay for it to be "better" and i don't think the ads are that terrible anyways

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

i really don't love ads, but if they are a HUGE help i'd be okay with keeping them. i'd also be open to donate in some way to help you out!

maybe you could implement the ads for like a week each month? :scoff: idk how easy that is to do. but it might be a good compromise to have them like the first week of each month so the website is easier to maintain and users aren't plagued with ads for the entire month.

sUcVobB.png

I don’t like the ads but for using a website that’s 100% free it’s not to much to ask. I’m assuming most of you haven’t ever had a website before, there’s server costs just to keep the website on a host (I know my boyfriend pays upwards of $75 to host his sites on Amazon, and that’s monthly)

I do agree the full page ones could be a little less often, but again, pressing an X isn’t the end of the world or my enjoyment of the site

and the subscription service isn’t going to be forced so I don’t get why you are all so against it, it’s a good option for those who can manage to spend the extra couple dollars a month..it’s not going to be a ‘subscribe or you can’t log on’ situation 

"Don’t forget me"

These vignettes take less time to click away than waiting to skip YouTube's ads (on mobile). So it could always be worse tbh. Open for the donation idea, but let's not use it to divide this forum into classes. It's not what she'd have wanted for her fans :ma:

Spoiler

VYxKlEb.png

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

6 minutes ago, White Hot said:

I'm sorry but you took out a loan for this? :rip:

buying a website as big as this one isn’t going to come for free or cheap. Sites like this (that get high traffic and have a large user base) sells for thousands. It’s not unlikely she took out a loan, and she’s already said there’s months she’s had to pay with her own money.

we’re very lucky to have a close knit site like this, and she’s still aiming to keep it free

"Don’t forget me"

The only problem I have is I think there are some particular cookie issues with those ads that cause the site to have problems on Safari. I've fixed it before so I know how to fix it again, but the issue I've had before where the site will log me out between pages, then I log in and it gives me a cookie error and kicks me out. I wouldn't mind donating though.

I will admit, I tried playing with adblock just to see if it fixes it and it does fix that issue, I'm able to keep logged in on Safari through adblock and it doesn't give me any problems. I'm staying logged in with no problems across all of my devices I use Safari on. Of course I try not to use Adblock on here as much as possible because I know it helps support the site when adblock is off but just something I've tried to narrow it down.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

16 minutes ago, fvck said:

“100% fine and the best types of ads” :oprah2::oprah2: who tf brainwashed all the people voting to keep them :oprah2:

...If it helps her keep this website up I don't mind them at all (and they are MUCH better than video ads)