Elle

OPINIONS NEEDED: Advertisements

Vignette Ads  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are the vignette ads tolerable?

• Yes, keep them.
    • No, remove them.

13 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

:\ I really like you, but it seems pretty clear that you and the Discord baddies hate how things are here. You can start your own forum

Out of the same mouth y’all are saying you care about our opinions but also say we should leave if we don’t like it. What the fuck. 

It caught me by surprise the first time it popped up, but you can X out immediately and be dropped into the page you were trying to reach. If it's significantly increasing ad rev then you should absolutely keep it!

Another thing now that I've read some of the other posts: Elle literally saved the entire old forum that some of us were a part of from extinction and to treat her that way is totally uncalled for. Perhaps a purge of some of the users from this decision would be worth it in the long run after seeing some of the people that have joined in the last few years :smh:

BzhmW.png

In the end it’s pretty clear this ad thing is going to be an excuse for some members to leave. Ironically, the members who have been complaining about Lana for the past year are the ones who are talking about leaving now, and it’s really sad. The way this whole conversation is going is sad too. I’ve never felt the site is unfair and it’s sad some people think it is. 

I support what’s best for the site and if we need an extra ad pop up or donation/supporter/ad free payments to help the site that’s okay with me. 

"Don’t forget me"

Regarding people being upset about differences of opinions: I think it’s one thing to say you don’t prefer ads and another thing to speculate on someone’s finances (which is nobody’s business) and to make very unfair judgements on someone you don’t even know.

To me it’s literally not about the ads rn or the money it’s about the pretending y’all care about what we think but not giving us the space to express it without rebuke. Don’t ask for our opinion if you don’t care about an outcome unless it’s favorable to you. 

Tbh I wouldn't oppose paying a few bucks a month if it meant that I could browse LB ad free, sort of like Onl*F*ns for Lana stans. :hooker:

17 minutes ago, boom like that said:

We should commission and open up a Lana merch shop where the funds go to the site instead. We could get some really cool Lana designs printed on shirts and posters since most of Lana's merch flops anyway. Get that pinterest mom who has a webshop on etsy sorta vibes going :hottie:

Do u know how exciting that would be. Do u know. 

also I dislike the favoritism that I’ve noticed too. 

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, The Greatest said:

To me it’s literally not about the ads rn or the money it’s about the pretending y’all care about what we think but not giving us the space to express it without rebuke. Don’t ask for our opinion if you don’t care about an outcome unless it’s favorable to you. 

who's we baby

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

aww i’ve been on lb for almost 6 years and it’s clear the culture on here is sick right now. it used to be better when there wasn’t ass kissing and people weren’t for forbidden from certain topics. 

i really like you too so thanks for advice tho bestie!! i’m too busy being baddie right now to start a forum. but maybe i’ll look into it. i’ll send you an invite of course! 

No one is forbidden from certain topics, however, I prefer that offsite drama remains offsite. No one is going to receive Warning Points or anything for posting about certain things that you may be referring to, but the best way to stop drama is to not talk about it.

Even this whole thing was more drama than I asked for. I really do hate drama.

(speaking to everyone here, not in a response to the quote) The bickering and dramatics is not what I expected when I opened the floor for opinions. I honestly was expecting most users to probably be opposed to the vignette ads, but I wanted to gather opinions just in case, because again, this would have been a really great opportunity for the site, yet I fully understand the frustrations of more ads.

That being said, all this drama is really not worth it. The experiment with the vignette ads that was automatically placed by Google will end in a week. Based on how things are going, I'm gathering it would not be the best idea to keep the ads out of interest for our members here.

I really do appreciate all the opinions, and while I do wish things had gone a little smoother with this discussion, I hear all of you and am listening.

Thank you for the feedback. Again, because I cared, I asked. & I am receptive to all of your thoughts and have taken them into consideration.

Also with the whole mod-politics thing - this decision does not impact the mods. This is a me, Elle, thing. I will always do my best to remain impartial and unbiased. I can't speak for everyone, but when it comes to me, the owner of this site, that's my perspective. I am not liable for anything anyone chooses to post here - whether that be a member, mod, supporter, etc. 

So, coming from my mouth, the owner of this site, the one who is ultimately making the decision regarding the ad placements: I will not unfairly treat anyone based on their opinions about the ads. 

5 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

With what I said above, to reiterate, I'm the one asking for opinions, and I feel that I, myself, the one ultimately making this decision, have been very fair and receptive to listening to what you all are saying.

I hear those who say they do not want the ads, and I am listening. That is why I asked.

That's all x

Spoiler

Whew, I need a smoke & a drink!

giphy.gif

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, godsmonster said:

people here acting like adblockers dont exist. if you hate ads that much just get AdBlocker it's literally so simple you don't even have to bitch on here lmfao:dua:

Right like I could MAYBE understand the frustration if it was an ad with a countdown that you had to wait on, but all of this shit over something that takes 1 second to hit X on is ridiculous. It's really disheartening to see how personal this is becoming, especially after I've met a handful of people off here irl and they're all lovely

BzhmW.png

Now that I know what's going on I am much more okay with the ads. I was previously just worried it was something unsafe about the site and I did honestly think I'd have to stop coming here soon. 

But I've never had trouble clicking away from the ads so it's fine. 

I think you should keep them up, but maybe put a disclaimer somewhere obvious, so it doesn't scare too many people off. You work so much harder on this site than anyone can realise. 

Just now, past the bushes said:

the best ones lost their minds :creep:

So I'm not gonna change
I'll stay the same
No ads left on the forum
Don't even want a mod
Much less his opinion
It's dark but just a thread