Sign in to follow this  
past the bushes

Prince Philip: Post-Release thread

Fuck the Royal Family, they terrorized the entire fucking world via imperialism. They deserve no recognition and praise. I wanna say what I really feel about them but I don't want warning points.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Fuck the Royal Family, they terrorized the entire fucking world via imperialism. They deserve no recognition and praise. I wanna say what I really feel about them but I don't want warning points.

their ancestors did, not them. are you at fault for things your ancestors did? no you're fxcking not.

:flop:

they really, really modernized and helped to give back to those countries of the commonwealth - countries which have always had a choice to remain in the commonwealth or not. some countries have left the commonwealth, but most stayed because they wanted to. the choice has always been up to the people of those countries. education, hun - look into it.

Just now, Life said:

their ancestors did, not them. are you at fault for things your ancestors did? no you're fxcking not.

they really, really modernized and helped to give back to those countries of the commonwealth - countries which have always had a choice to remain in the commonwealth or not. some countries have left the commonwealth, but most stayed because they wanted to. the choice has always been up to the people of those countries. education, hun - look into it.

Education? Imperialism is ALWAYS wrong and the amount of wealth and lives they stole from the lands they pillaged could never be repaid. And the anti-colonial wars happened in the 20th Century, hardly their "ancestors". The countries of the Commonwealth other than certain exceptions are in the Commonwealth because they're dependent on the UK.

giphy.gif

Just now, Life said:

Painting the british monarchy almost as charity sisters while arrogantly asking another user to get educated speaks for itself. Not looking for controversy here -not that kind of person-, but if you are going to be rude against other users at least have some historical knowledge to back your pretentiousness.

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

Education? Imperialism is ALWAYS wrong and the amount of wealth and lives they stole from the lands they pillaged could never be repaid. And the anti-colonial wars happened in the 20th Century, hardly their "ancestors". The countries of the Commonwealth other than certain exceptions are in the Commonwealth because they're dependent on the UK.

not saying that it was right at all, of course it's wrong. and yes, their ancestors, an ancestor being (be definition) a grandparents at minimum. the current royal family had no part to play in that, and by actually every means have brought themselves far away from it and aided in correcting what the british empire did.

:cuteface:

but try and make your teenage woke ass seem interesting and educated by speaking for the countries which were affected, most countries which, by choice, have remained as part of the commonwealth.

2 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Painting the british monarchy almost as charity sisters while arrogantly asking another user to get educated speaks for itself. Not looking for controversy here -not that kind of person-, but if you are going to be rude against other users at least have some historical knowledge to back your pretentiousness.

not at all, because that's not what i'm doing. the British Empire no longer exists, hun - if you actually read what i was saying it was insanely clear that i'm talking about the current royal family and how they have been active in the last few decades in supporting and aiding the countries which were wrongfully taken by the british empire.

6 minutes ago, Life said:

not saying that it was right at all, of course it's wrong. and yes, their ancestors, an ancestor being (be definition) a grandparents at minimum. the current royal family had no part to play in that, and by actually every means have brought themselves far away from it and aided in correcting what the british empire did.

but try and make your teenage woke ass seem interesting and educated by speaking for the countries which were affected, most countries which, by choice, have remained as part of the commonwealth.

1. I'm not a teenager. Save your condescension.

2. You could easily look up the economics of the countries in the Commonwealth

3. Queen Elizabeth's mother - who died in 2002 - was the last Empress of India.

4. The royal family deserves absolutely nothing that it has: wealth, status, etc.

5. The UK still possesses things that were stolen from its colonies

giphy.gif

Just now, Life said:

not at all, because that's not what i'm doing. the British Empire no longer exists, hun - if you actually read what i was saying it was insanely clear that i'm talking about the current royal family and how they have been active in the last few decades in supporting and aiding the countries which were wrongfully taken by the british empire.

I guess you think the Commonwealth (or the "current british monarchy" -that isnt the same political institution that has stand for centuries either, it seems-)  has nothing to do with what the British empire was, therefore there's no historical continuity from one to the other, nor they represent the same national oligarchies interests. There's a lot of scientifical studies regarding the relationships between former empires and formes colonies, and I can guarant you that they are still everything but symmetrical or based on solidarity, but all the opposite. 

I get that this isnt a topic which all of us know deeply about (and it shouldnt be either, as we all come from different academic/professional fields and thats amazing and makes the dialogue always rich and enjoyable), but if you arent aware about the particularities of the topic you are talking about (which you definetly arent, and thats absolutely allright with it), try not to come off as superior to anyone here at least.

a certain user here spent the whole of yesterday on another forum excusing prince philip’s multiple racist comments, so i wouldn’t bother arguing. the people who aren’t bootlickers know the true motives behind the royal family.

14 minutes ago, baddisease said:

1. I'm not a teenager. Save your condescension.

2. You could easily look up the economics of the countries in the Commonwealth

3. Queen Elizabeth's mother - who died in 2002 - was the last Empress of India.

4. The royal family deserves absolutely nothing that it has: wealth, status, etc.

5. The UK still possesses things that were stolen from its colonies

of course it does, and i've never said it's right either. what is wrong though is making hateful comments towards a dead man.

stop trying to act affected, hun - it's not a good look.

7 minutes ago, sjatib said:

I guess you think the Commonwealth (or the "current british monarchy" -that isnt the same political institution that has stand for centuries either, it seems-)  has nothing to do with what the British empire was, therefore there's no historical continuity from one to the other, nor they represent the same national oligarchies interests. There's a lot of scientifical studies regarding the relationships between former empires and formes colonies, and I can guarant you that they are still everything but symmetrical or based on solidarity, but all the opposite. 

I get that this isnt a topic which all of us know deeply about (and it shouldnt be either, as we all come from different academic/professional fields and thats amazing and makes the dialogue always rich and enjoyable), but if you arent aware about the particularities of the topic you are talking about (which you definetly arent, and thats absolutely allright with it), try not to come off as superior to anyone here at least.

you don't need to teach me about my own country. i'm fully, fully aware of what the british empire did and causes and i'm fully against it. however, the current royal family, including prince phillip, have helped to aid and give back to those countries affected by it. their work is there and is evident for all to see. now, if they'd spent their lives doing nothing towards those countries, not visiting them, aiding them, then you'd have a point. but no, beyond that Phillip did a hell of a lot of positives in creating organisations that benefited the development and wellbeing of children and protection of the environments decades before governments got on board.

:w8ing:

people really need to go and read about his life's work before making comments.

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

all i can say is... she's american, it's very likely that she doesn't know a lot about the monarchy, or the negative side of it, and i'm american and i barely know anything about the monarchy as well, we don't learn about it in school or anything like that, i didn't even know that prince phillip & queen elizabeth were related until yesterday :oopna2:

i'm British, hun. i've grown up learning about these people, as have many here. Americans barely have any idea on the topic of Monarchy, as Meghan found out the hard way for herself.

3 minutes ago, partymonster said:

a certain user here spent the whole of yesterday on another forum excusing prince philip’s multiple racist comments, so i wouldn’t bother arguing. the people who aren’t bootlickers know the true motives behind the royal family.

and the American's who pretend like they know shit need to sit down and read. the comments on Lana's IG posts are completely unnecessary - that's my original and only point here.  

7 minutes ago, Life said:

and the American's who pretend like they know shit need to sit down and read. the comments on Lana's IG posts are completely unnecessary - that's my original and only point here.  

I'm going to point out that millions upon millions of formerly colonized people live in America, mostly due to its overseas activities.

giphy.gif

THE TITLE :air2: Does this make the Instagram Updates thread the official Prince Philip pre-release thread? Or was that just 1921-2021 (the years he lived)? 

imageproxy.jpg