hydrangeas

UPDATE: Honeymoon and Ultraviolence Lyrics Books (fan-made)

Hi, this is my first time starting a topic (took me a good while to figure out how to share photos on here, haha), but I just wanted to share something I made recently: I got a myself a custom lyrics book printed for Ultraviolence as it has always bothered me that the official one doesn't include the full lyrics. I designed it using Photoshop and I know it's nothing fancy but I really enjoyed putting it all together and I'm pleased with how it has come out. (Want to add a quick thanks to everyone in the Resources thread for researching and sharing all the official fonts they could find. That thread was seriously so helpful! Oh, and the Lyrics thread, obviously very useful as well.)

I'm currently working on a second book for Honeymoon, using a lot more of my own photos this time. I've nearly finished it, just need to work a few more things out but I'll update this post when I'm done and it arrives.

Anyway, feel free to critique/tell me ways I can improve on any elements for next time, I know some of the black and white photos didn't print so well so I'm trying to avoid using those in the future. Really pleased I finally found a company that prints images on the spine though, so the spine matches the front cover.

20210415-220701.jpg 

20210415-220645.jpg

20210415-220623.jpg

Also here's a preview of one spread in the Honeymoon book (unfinished, I need to change the title colour and finish the transparency on the flower, etc.):

4-GOD-KNOWS-I-TRIED-5.jpg

wow this is truly beautiful!!! i love that all the photos make sense to the ones that are next to the lyrics. Definetly something that could pass off as real merch :gclap:

@Moy look! someone with a brain did what you could never do!

1 hour ago, TRENCH said:

wow this is truly beautiful!!! i love that all the photos make sense to the ones that are next to the lyrics. Definetly something that could pass off as real merch :gclap:

@Moy look! someone with a brain did what you could never do!

Thank you so much! I spent ages swapping round the layouts and photos to try and get each photo to work well with each particular song. Am having real trouble with this in the Honeymoon one rn, but I'll figure it out!

1 hour ago, lilac perfumes said:

looks amazing, great job! :wub:

24 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

wow this is beautiful! thanks for sharing <3

1 hour ago, rabbit said:

Damn! This looks amazing, if only we got an official release this beautiful. Really looking forward to your Honeymoon lyric book :wub:

Omigosh thank youuu

1 hour ago, Yosemite said:

Moy is back? :smile2:

Jk, it looks cute tho (make sure you don't sell them, jic) 

No I'm trustworthy I swear, just put all of your money into my bank account and I'll send you one :w8ing: (also  thanks, hah)

42 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

this looks gorgeous but this thread is very triggering :deadbanana:  

but ive also thought about doing my own lyric book at some point, maybe ill take some inspo here :creep: 

Hahah, I'm sorry! But yes, do it! It was really fun. Let me know if you want me to share any resources or files, I'm happy to do so (not that there's much original content here but... you know).

On 4/16/2021 at 10:29 PM, Venice said:

I love this! I'm rarely satisfied with merch stuff so tend to do lots of custom things myself :sluttybunny:Looks fantastic!

On 4/16/2021 at 11:38 PM, surf noir sweetheart said:

wow i cant imagine how much work this mustve taken, it looks amazing ! <33

Thank you! :wub: Would love to see some of the stuff you've made as well!

On 4/16/2021 at 11:24 PM, mansfield ringer said:

Okay but can you remake the green Honeymoon Bible? Its one of my most wanted objecst on earth :makeup:

I wishhhh hahah. Funnily enough I did base the design off of the blue one, though did that come out before or after the green?

On 4/16/2021 at 11:07 PM, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

so cute!! :wub: did you use a website to get this published? i'm curious which one if you did!

Yes, I used My Picture, they have a great lay-flat design so two-page spreads don't get cut off in the middle and they allow you to customise the spine. Would highly recommend them!

9 minutes ago, hydrangeas said:

Yes, I used My Picture, they have a great lay-flat design so two-page spreads don't get cut off in the middle and they allow you to customise the spine. Would highly recommend them!

Do they do international shipping? Or UK only? :um2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

8 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Do they do international shipping? Or UK only? :um2:

Ah, it looks like they only ship to the UK and Ireland, sadly. Which is weird cause I think they're based in Germany?

We deliver to mainland UK and Ireland. We also deliver to non-mainland addresses across the British and Irish Isles, but higher shipping costs apply.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:29 PM, hydrangeas said:

Ah, it looks like they only ship to the UK and Ireland, sadly. Which is weird cause I think they're based in Germany?

In Germany they only operate under a different name (https://https://www.meinfoto.de/

Just saw this thread, love your work. Actually it's a pretty good idea to use a square book for it. I have started to create my own lyrics book in similar format as her books 2 years ago (including lyrics for her first songs, unreleased songs until 2014, born to die, paradise and Ultraviolence) but I was not satisfied with the print, so I might give it another try. The photo book option with the flat pages will be much more expensive though. 

It was expensive watch it 

Thank you! I did actually finish the honeymoon book I mentioned as well so I'll upload it at some point :)
Would love to see your lyric books too if you're happy to share them?

It is very hard to find reasonably priced, quality printers, for sure. I really like this company except that the photo uploader is a bit of a nightmare if you've spent hours arranging everything to exactly the right size, as it will, guaranteed, mess it all up 🙃

Hi all, I finally photographed my Honeymoon fan-made lyrics book as well! (Only took me 2 years 🙃)

Below are photos of some pages, but if you want to see a video containing every page, click here

http://20230707-110435.jpg

More:

Spoiler

I'm really pleased with how this came out even though the image uploader on the printer's website nearly ended me. I used way more of my own photos this time round, so basically any photo that isn't of Lana was my own photography (minus the images used on the Religion, Music to Watch Boys To pages, and the back cover) and I scanned in some pressed flowers and such, which I'm glad to have finally had a use for.

Would love to do more of these but they take an absolute age. Maybe when I retire... :toofunny: