Elle

Blue Banisters

The melody she sings at the end of BB is probably one of the most hauntingly beautiful I've ever heard from her

just the soft 'summer comes, winter goes- spring i skip, god knows' I feel it i hate spring too it brings back bad memories 

(Edited cause speculation on [redacted] isn't cool)- but generally wasn't last spring when she was writing behind the iron gates too?, I don't remember if she was doing many outings around feb-april til everything surrounding her spiraled in May. spring feels like a bad time in her life too, post-btd critic hell was in Spring also

I don't think the colours she mentions are just for the fuck of it

Blue is obviously a colour she talks about a lot in relation to love and the inherent difficulties of being in love

But think green and grey signify stuff too. Green probably signifies normality and being able to be natural around her friends, and maybe the grey signifies like neutralising all of those emotional highs and lows

Or maybe I sound like one of those Italian cokehead Eurovision contestants

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

“She said, "Most men don't want a woman
With a legacy, it's of age"
She said "You can't be a muse and be happy, too
You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry
And be happy"
And that scared me”

“Summer comes, winter goes
Spring, I skip, God knows
Summer comes, winter goes
Spring, I sleep, Heaven knows
Every time it turns to May
All my sisters fly to me
To paint, paint”

I know that the general assumption with the lyric Chucky is making birthday cake is about Chuck and then she references her again as Chicken. I was thinking and wondering if maybe they call Charlie Chucky and if it was him she was referencing. Then she next turns and references Chuck also by her nickname. Just random thought lol. If so it is cute she references them both in the track by their nicknames and in turn it makes me wonder is Chucks nickname chicken because Charlies nickname is Chucky which cld get confusing with Chuck lol. I know it's not that serious but just wondering.

Blue Banisters :cryney2:

when she tells Jenny she can’t remember where those dried flowers are from but then she secretly whispers Oklahoma to herself because she remembers exactly where those flowers are from :krylie: 

powerful stuff 

'Cause there's a man that's in my past
There's a man that's still right here
He's real enough to touch
In my darkest nights, he's SEEEEAAN ShiiIHiihIIinINg

:krylie:

When I first heard the snippet, I was thinking "who paints banisters blue, kind of an ugly color to put on the stairs" even though blue is very much a Lana-ism. Green banisters could work if they're dark green in typical interior design contexts imo, gray being the most neutral and thus, common.

Summer comes, winter goes

Spring I skip, God knows

Summer comes, winter goes

Spring I sleep, heaven knows

Thinking about this a lot and wanted to write down my thoughts. So her man comes back May, a month where the transition from spring to summer happens. And because that’s when she wakes up. She’s ascends the stairs with her man while painting the banisters = she‘s happy during summer. Then during fall they climb down, the happiness gets less, but as small as it is, it’s there. On the ground again, it’s winter = depression. So with spring you‘d think, she‘ll start to feel better, but when we remember one of her best unreleased songs Living Legend, where she admits:

I never meant to be bad or unwell
I was just living on the edge

Right between Heaven and Hell
And I'm tired of it

So when she‘s between happiness and depression, she‘s in a way literally sleeping = skipping spring.

edit: Yosemite came on and the first verse says the same thing, that nothing changes for her in those months inbetween:

Seasons may change, but we won't change
Isn't it sweet how we know that already?
Winter to spring, spring back to fall
Isn't it cool how nothing here changes at all

Spoiler

wjwSMqI.gif

And why does God and heaven know, she's skipping/sleeping on spring? Cause she's not up there = not happy, not on the banisters => closer to God/heaven 

Now this leaves the question: where the hell is her man? Does this mean, he leaves her during her dark times, but comes back to paint over the withered/blistered paint? And also to repair her weather vain, which could mean, there was a horrible storm, that broke it in the first place = they fought maybe? Or does he repair it, so she doesn’t lose her direction (because wind is an indicator of direction)? 
So many layers, I‘m gonna cry again lmao wjwSMqI.gif

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

This song is one of the most beautiful odes to friendship I've ever heard. There is so much heartbreak revolving around the metaphor of blue banisters, but all her sisters coming to paint her banisters green and grey and help her with the healing process is just beyond gorgeous. I think there are a lot of universal elements here that are super relatable, so it makes sense to me that she would also include such specific references to her own friends that have helped save her from her sadness. It's such a love letter to them and I imagine it really means a lot to be included.

Every time it turns to May
All my sisters fly to me
To paint, paint

:defeated:

This song really shows a more vulnerable side to Lana (which isn’t unusual) but I feel like it describes the pain of loneliness even when you have people who love you. People crave pure connection and intimacy, more than a friendship. But friends make it easier to get by. 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

This song has moved me much too heavily. There's such a confidence in her delivery of the verses, which is starkly contrasted by a very fragile and vulnerable vocal in the pre-choruses. The lyrics contain multitudes to them that I know I've only just scratched the surface of. I really feel the sentiment of this song to my core. <3

I don't know if im late, but, did anyone noticed that in Blue Bannisters she sings

”summer comes, winter goes

spring I skip, god knows” 

like, yea, may is on spring but what if some kind of double meaning like, spring is known historically as the weeding and birth season, maybe thats why the guy that came every may wasnt there anymore...

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

55 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I just had a thought this morning, listening to BB: thank God Chuck made her pregnancy public, otherwise we would have lost our shit with her silence and the line “there’s a baby on the way” :thumb3:

what if its not chuck related :wat:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

19 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

there's a hole that's in my heart

all my women try and heal

they're doin a good job convincing me that it's not real

it's

hEEeeEEeeeEAAt lightning oooh oohoh OH

Spoiler

JCQ582D.gif

sorry :rip:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I keep hearing “chuckie’s making birthday cake chickens running barefoot there’s a baby on the way” as if the birthday cake is for the unborn child, which they’re throwing a birthday party for, and Lana is letting the chickens run barefoot in her house because it’s a special occasion as if she otherwise makes them wear tiny little chicken sneakers when they come inside

UbsOye5.png