Elle

Blue Banisters

Is the piano melody at the end of BB officially a sample from Terrence, or just sounds similar? 

"Fuck the Patriarchy" keychain on the ground.

After listening to BB more, I reckon Lana sings "Spring I skip"/"Spring I sleep", because that man promised her to come back every May (but he didn't), and May is in spring. She probably wants to forget that promise he made and, therefore, skips or sleeps during spring

eSmo.gif

On 7/15/2021 at 2:49 AM, honeymo0n said:

After listening to BB more, I reckon Lana sings "Spring I skip"/"Spring I sleep", because that man promised her to come back every May (but he didn't), and May is in spring. She probably wants to forget that promise he made and, therefore, skips or sleeps during spring

I'm thinking now that she might be expressing her fear of change - spring is a time of renewal and change and often positively thought about but in the context of love and relationships, it's a super hard time 

8XvwYzq.png

7 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

The way I still have no idea what’s she’s saying at the end of the “most men want a woman who’s legacy is ??????”

I always thought it was: "most men don't want a woman with a legacy at our age"

8XvwYzq.png

After so many months of release that song still feel fresh to me and it’s definitely one of her best lyrically written song ever :flutter:

Summer comes, winter goes,spring I sleep, heaven knows