Sign in to follow this  
Veinsineon

Does Anyone Have Custom Vinyl Pressing Recommendations?

I have been looking to have some of my favorite unreleased compilations pressed onto vinyl as one offs. I am completely new to this whole thing so finding a place to start has been difficult. Many have suggested I go the LATHE cut route, which seems the most likely achievable. Kunaki only allows 22 mins per side and does not allow 2 disc LP's... so i was wondering just before I  throw down if anyone had any other recommendations similar?

- sorry if this is the wrong subforum to post this under I just had no idea where else

It's been briefly discussed in the vinyl collectors thread 

I ordered one from groovy dude records and it was pretty cheap but it's been over two months and they still haven't shipped it so I wouldn't really recommend... Kunaki says they ship within 24 hours and they're only a bit more expensive so idk maybe give them a try

Soooo this came today. I'm so beyond happy without how it turned out!!! :party:

It's from KUNAKI LATHES

The only things that went wrong (bare with me that this is my first ever attempt at this, so there was bound to be imperfections)

Spoiler

- Jump and Smarty get cut off as the max amount of time on both sides is EXACTLY 22 minutes

(Though they both occur towards the end of the songs, so it's not incredibly offputting)

- The quality is very old timey record in that it has a certain muffle to the production
(I'm assuming this is because I used the 256kps itunes files, which i converted to mp3) It's honestly kind of niche! I dig it!

- I didn't even notice that when I was making it that Pawn Shop Blues has (Mississippi South) after it LOL, but it's not noticeable until it's pointed out

-The sleeve is super bendy and thin, even starts to come apart at the edges if pried enough.

Other than those miniscule things, I can't wait to make my next one!! :wub:

@White Hot Forever

cWNx4ic.jpgnCbqqAB.jpg

MqG6QDb.jpg

21 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Soooo this came today. I'm so beyond happy without how it turned out!!! :party:

It's from KUNAKI LATHES

The only things that went wrong (bare with me that this is my first ever attempt at this, so there was bound to be imperfections)

Hide contents

- Jump and Smarty get cut off as the max amount of time on both sides is EXACTLY 22 minutes

(Though they both occur towards the end of the songs, so it's not incredibly offputting)

- The quality is very old timey record in that it has a certain muffle to the production
(I'm assuming this is because I used the 256kps itunes files, which i converted to mp3) It's honestly kind of niche! I dig it!

- I didn't even notice that when I was making it that Pawn Shop Blues has (Mississippi South) after it LOL, but it's not noticeable until it's pointed out

-The sleeve is super bendy and thin, even starts to come apart at the edges if pried enough.

Other than those miniscule things, I can't wait to make my next one!! :wub:

@White Hot Forever

cWNx4ic.jpgnCbqqAB.jpg

MqG6QDb.jpg

This looks amazing omg! Beautiful work, I think I might order a custom AKA vinyl from Kunaki too after seeing this :wub:

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

This looks amazing omg! Beautiful work, I think I might order a custom AKA vinyl from Kunaki too after seeing this :wub:

Cut corners wherever you can!! Trim songs !! I even had to take Yayo off because of the time crunch ):

5 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Cut corners wherever you can!! Trim songs !! I even had to take Yayo off because of the time crunch ):

Ahhh that’s too bad!! :( maybe I’ll do two separate orders so I can bypass them not doing double LPs or something, I’ll have to take a look at Kunaki’s site. Thank you for the tips and enjoy your LP!!! :wub: