americangothic

Born to Die: 10th Year Anniversary Re-Edition?

Hi guys, girls + non-binary pals. With the 10th anniversary of "Born to Die" approaching. The opportunity for the label to milk one of the best selling albums of the last time is imminent. Do you see it happening? A Re-edition with properly released and produced outtakes, another boxset? New vinyls? I'm hoping for new merchandising, for collectors. And maybe bring back Emile and Rick to overproduce an EP with some unreleased tracks. 

These are the ones I hope she brings back:

CD1

-Standard album + 3 bonus tracks.

CD 2

-The Outtakes:

01. Kinda Outta Luck
02. You Can Be the Boss
03. Driving in Cars With Boys
04. Hollywood's Dead
05. Serial Killer
06. Damn You
07. Last Girl On Earth
08. French Restaurant

09. On Our Way

+ more outtakes (?)

DVD

-All ''Born to Die" era music vids.

I'd LOVE this, I dont see it happening this time around since Lana seems so keen to distance herself from her aesthetic and viewpoint of that time, but maybe for its 15th or 20th anniversary it'd be more of a possibility :flutter: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

It would be a dream.

She has enough material to make a complete edition of each album in addition to unpublished photo sessions, videos that she did not release, anecdotes, documentaries, interviews, newspapers, goodies, texts... And the list is long as she is an artist with so many possibilities, she could put out anything that it would be interesting to explore, especially in these iconic eras :fabcat:

She often says that Born to die is her baby and has a very special affection for this record, she will inevitably refer to it next year. It remains to be seen if she will be in the mood for a reissue, she goes through the projects at full speed and does not really land, so go back to an old album to refine it I do not know if she will.

Which would be a missed opportunity, yes.

I hope at least a documentary made by her relatives or by her even if she does not do the rest :sluttybunny:

I'd LOVE an official release for Kinda Outta Luck and You Can Be The Boss. Those are still two of her most exciting unreleased songs and they are connected with so many good memories. It would also be a great opportunity for her to put out Serial Killer and profit on the thousands of streams it'll get.

But seeing how Lana is, we will probably get a post on Twitter and Insta and that's it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

That would be magical :kum: i really want to relive all of my early teen memories now that i am older :lanahottie:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

The only way she'll do this is if somebody in the label decides to bank on her demos, cause Lana hates revisiting her projects 

I would love this as a concept but she basically avoided every possible re-release of AKA, including the 10th anniversary in 2020, so IDK if she'll come around for BTD

I'd be here for her team taking matters into their own hands and commemorating it with some sort of digital re-release. It would be the perfect opportunity to release Serial Killer and Queen Of Disaster at least because those are the most well-known unreleased tracks from that era and it would have been weird releasing them when they first received attention on tour/on TikTok. I can see it being capitalised on with just a limited merchandise drop or something but I'm not banking on anything bigger.

Us Against The World

Hundred Dollar Bill

Serial Killer

You Can Be The Boss

Kinda Outta Luck

all deserve justice

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

the absolutely insane unprecedented level of BANK she could make if she really cashed in on this and put out collectors items, anniversary edition vinyls, cassette tapes, signed posters using previously unseen photos, merch, lyric books, some kind of nostalgic "10 years of BTD" scrapbook..... she'd never have to work a day in her life again

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, daphnedinkley said:

the absolutely insane unprecedented level of BANK she could make if she really cashed in on this and put out collectors items, anniversary edition vinyls, cassette tapes, signed posters using previously unseen photos, merch, lyric books, some kind of nostalgic "10 years of BTD" scrapbook..... she'd never have to work a day in her life again

Seriously. Even if we have to manifest Blue Banisters underperforming commercially for this to happen I'm all for it :deadbanana: This is the one time recently I really want her to be told to get on board with something by her management

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Seriously. Even if we have to manifest Blue Banisters underperforming commercially for this to happen I'm all for it :deadbanana: This is the one time recently I really want her to be told to get on board with something by her management

I wouldn't mind throwing my whole pay check at stuff like that because I already KNOW that I love the album!! :paris: it would be sooooo cute and nostalgic too ugh

Wq9zHLl.jpg

The amount of stuff they could do, she could do a "Complete Edition" a la Dua Lipa an re record 3-5 tracks, or she could just remaster the demos we already have in a cute Little EP like a Do U Luv Me Yet EP as part of a boxset or whatever. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNVaQqhnzo0/?igshid=1ibezuednpi7f

There's so many shit they could do, if they do it I'd like to see new stuff tho, like a new cover with an outtake from the same shoot or use one from the Carmen video

Also an updated Singles Box Set from the Era would be cute, something like this 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/118364097/Dua-Lipa-Future-Nostalgia-The-Singles-Box-Set

8nl2OpX.png

if she doesn’t do this i’ll actually re-enact the Summertime Sadness mv 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Spoiler

BORN TO DIE - TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION : 2 Disc LP (One Red , One White)

DISC ONE - BTD DELUXE (Ruby Red)

DISC TWO - Songs From The Vault (Ivory White)

01. Put The Radio On

02. Serial Killer

03. You Can Be The Boss

04. Ooh Baby

05. Because Of You

06. Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight

07. Velvet Crowbar

08. Damn You

09. T.V. In Black & White

10. On Our Way

11. Hollywood's Dead

BONUS DISC INSIDE : Born To Die extended directors cut music video

An actual vinyl box set situation would be amazing. Manifesting that. 

Tame Impala did one for the 10th anniversary of 'Innerspeaker' earlier this year. I hope Lana does something similar.