americangothic

Born to Die: 10th Year Anniversary Re-Edition?

43 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

the verses too.. have you heard the song recently ?

butterflies part 2 is quite a daring song - *collecting butterflies* is a common metaphor for abusing girls (*collecting pretty things*) (see the book The Collector by John Fowles) - i thought it was quite interesting that part 1 was about knowing a relationship wasn't right for her but still feeling attracted to the person and having "butterflies" that made leaving hard, and then part 2 was about how her lover was treating girls *like butterflies*. so interesting how she is able to turn things on its head

mUENGN9.png

I'm very curious to see what Lana will do for the 10th anniversary. She loves this album so much, I am sure she will commemorate it in some way. It would be awesome if she finally released the Dark Paradise MV as a gift for the fans who still appreciate this record.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, Creyk said:

I'm very curious to see what Lana will do for the 10th anniversary. She loves this album so much, I am sure she will commemorate it in some way. It would be awesome if she finally released the Dark Paradise MV as a gift for the fans who still appreciate this record.

I'd love to see some sort of reissue with outtakes and demos, even unseen images from the photoshoot etc. However I have a feeling we'll just get a new vinyl variant, maybe a limited edition coloured version or a repress of the picture disc.

As for the Dark Paradise music video, I don't think it exists... She initially said that it was gonna be filmed in September of 2012 but then Paradise was announced and we got the music videos for Ride and Blue Velvet instead. 

I'd love for them to do a 10th anniversary edition CD and vinyl with unreleased tracks. And maybe a deluxe vinyl box set, like the original album on 7" singles?

And hopefully Paradise will get it's own anniversary in November.

I hope Paradise will have the same treatment. Imagine the power of its expanded edition: Wild One, Life is Beautiful, I Talk to Jesus, Neon Shadows, Garden of Eden, I Don't Wanna Go and maybe even the early UV outtakes like Hollywood, Angels Forever and JFK.

There is apparently going to be some Lana reissues on the 27th as part of Interscope’s 30th anniversary. It’s just with reimagined artwork though. I’ve seen some people say it’s for BTD, Paradise, and NFR.  Idk if we should start a separate thread for this or not. 

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

There is apparently going to be some Lana reissue’s on the 27th as part of Interscope’s 30th anniversary. It’s just with reimagined artwork though. I’ve seen some people say it’s for BTD, Paradise, and NFR.  Idk if we should start a separate thread for this or not. 

Cool! It’s news, so I’d say make a new thread!

While it's being reviewed i'll post it here 

In celebration of 30 years of the "Interscope' @NTWRK will be selling exclusive and limited reimagined vinyl editions of Lana's albums (Born To Die, Paradise &
NFR!) for the exhibition called "Artist Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined", they will have new covers created by visual artists, and they will be sold between the 27th to 31st of January.

Rumored to be 2000$, we will see

Jenna Gribbon: Lana Del Rey – Born To Die

Matthew Wong: Lana Del Rey – Paradise

Raymond Pettibon: Lana Del Rey – Norman Fucking Rockwell

Source https://www.elle.com/culture/music/a38752208/interscope-30th-anniversary-artists-inspired-by-music/

original.gif

1 minute ago, cherrycokes said:

Wait…are they really $2,000 each..

We dont know yet but in the ntwrk website it says so... hope not lol

I mean they are pieces of art but we are poor

About to download the jpg and kunaki that shit if thats the price lol

original.gif

On 1/13/2022 at 5:59 PM, YourGirl666 said:

So the only thing we're getting is a different artwork? No outtakes or demos?

the NTWRK thing is technically not for the 10th anniversary, its a art partnership with them and Interscope reigning albums from their roster 

hopefully a 2cd format, cd1 as the deluxe edition, cd2 as demos and unreleased. maybe double vinyls, alternative cover, 2 cd boxset with era photoshoots and polaroids.

Roman