10milestereo

The French Music Thread

They're quite cheap on Amazon France. I usually do a once a year big order from there and get all the releases I want. You'd think import albums would be easier to find in NYC, but no one cares about French music here.

I got Je Dis Aime a few days ago (managed to find it for £4.50) and it's a really fun album. I'd heard most of the songs but it sounds a whole lot better to listen to the full album together.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Does Daft Punk count? Because if it does, I love them to death and they're the best thing that has ever happened to electronic music.

I am comfortable to say that I don't think there will ever be an electronic artist/duo/band like them.

Does Daft Punk count? Because if it does, I love them to death and they're the best thing that has ever happened to electronic music.

I am comfortable to say that I don't think there will ever be an electronic artist/duo/band like them.

The truth  :worship: They're like god for me, i've been listening to them my whole life.

Many talks/rumors about a forthcoming albums/collabs for 2013, we know that they worked in their studio in Paris... This year is gonna be awesome   :smokes2:

The truth  :worship: They're like god for me, i've been listening to them my whole life.

Many talks/rumors about a forthcoming albums/collabs for 2013, we know that they worked in their studio in Paris... This year is gonna be awesome   :smokes2:

If their album really is coming out this year, it'll be perfect. I am hoping we get new music by them before I get kids.  :thumb:

:omfg2:

Well if we don't get anything new this year, we will never get it. With all the teasing Nathan East, Nile Rodgers, Paul Williams, Chily Gonzales and S. Tellier did... I have high hopes.

daft-punk-no-end1.png

Plus this picture retweeted and shared by many close friends of the Daft  :crying:

:omfg2:

Well if we don't get anything new this year, we will never get it. With all the teasing Nathan East, Nile Rodgers, Paul Williams, Chily Gonzales and S. Tellier did... I have high hopes.

daft-punk-no-end1.png

Plus this picture retweeted and shared by many close friends of the Daft  :crying:

It looks so good, praying that it's the album artwork. :shock:

I'm french but I'm not a big fan of our music... I only listen french bands and artists who sing in english, like Woodkid or Phoenix.  

And so last year my faves french albums were  : 

"Hurry up We're Dreaming" of the electro band M83 :

"Tetra" of the electro band C2C :

"Alésia" of the indie rock band Housse de Racket :

And "The FIght", of the folk band Lilly Wood & The Prick :

This year I'm waiting for the albums of Phoenix, Kavinsky and Woodkid. 

La Femme. They're a psych-punk / surf rock band. Love them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVA5zYfNWw

This is good!

I'm also really happy with how Vanessa Paradis' new album 'Love Songs' turned out, after hearing the single 'Love Song' I had my hopes up (apart from the very unimaginative album and debut single which is just really rushed and unoriginal) and it definitely lived up to what I hoped for. So it's good she hasn't fallen downhill after a few years of not releasing anything, turning 40 and divorcing. 

It's just annoying how expensive it is to get a physical copy  :hdu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuD0iUgJ-L8

Okay. I would love to quote in the lanaboards mobile version. But okay.

I've seen LA FEMME Live last month with my father. They are amazing. And tbh...the live performances are better than any recorded stuff of them. Bless this band.

Resurrecting this thread in case any french music fans are still standing in this forum.

I've recently gotten really into Coralie Clement, her music has such a romantic, old sound to it and if you like typical french music then it's hard to dislike her.

A few years ago, I heard a French Rock band called Kyo. I still really enjoy this song, among others, from them:

(I did not know they were so popular!)

I want to start listening to more French music, I really enjoy hearing the language :)

I just bought a ticket to see ^Pierre on June 18th. It's gonna be a piano-voice concert. The venue is so beautiful (I love the beech wood, the organ) and I've read the acoustic is perfect. I think I'm gonna cry.

224_1img_1489_web.jpg

I also bough a ticket to see Dumas on June 12th, one of my favorite Québécois singer/songwriter/composer. This plus Lana on June 4th, that month is gonna be absolutely amazing. I might also go to Governors Ball on June 5-7 but I'm not sure as I would have to rush from MTL to NY after Lana's concert that night or early in the morning the day after. Wish she could give me a lift lol! Oh and I have nobody to go with, so...

Whatever. Here's Dumas. Not Alexandre. I love his sound, love it love it love it! The vocals, well... nobody's perfect. The lyrics are great.