Trash Magic

"Video Games" music video turns 10 today

happy birthday video games. i remember the first time i heard you

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Video Games is so special to me - I remember seeing the video for the first time in 2012 (after she re-released it thanks to copyright) and thinking A. the song was beautiful and B. I would've done anything to look like Lana. It took me five years after that to officially jump on the Lana train, but this song and video will always mean the absolute world to me. Also, seeing the old comments is so funny

"Anybody know where i can get this for my Ipod?" 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Trash Magic said:

The Born To Die album cover being shot the day before her death will always be one of the most interesting unrelated ~astral type connections to me

Wow I didn't realise this! It's almost like Amy was passing on the torch :lange: 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

such a beautiful song & beautiful music video, one of my all-time favorite lana del rey music videos, cinematic, nostalgic, vintage... a cultural reset :godlaugh: also, she's absolutely gorgeous in this video... her hair <3

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

such a beautiful song & beautiful music video, one of my all-time favorite lana del rey music videos, cinematic, nostalgic, vintage... a cultural reset :godlaugh: also, she's absolutely gorgeous in this video... her hair <3

I'm kinda sad and jealous that I didn't get the chance to know about Lana during this time. I became a fan after Born to Die was released but before Paradise was released. Though, I did get to watch her perform Video Games live in 2012 and it was only then that I grew so much appreciation for the song. Everything you mention is what makes the song classic and timeless (even if the lips still scare me). 

Still one of her best songs, and simply one of the best songs of all-time! Still evokes the same feeling it did a decade ago. BTD-era (and before) work absolutely changed and shaped parts of my life :wub: And to think of all that would come...:flutter:

Thank you, sweet song :wub:

happy birthday video games <3 such a beautiful song to this day. i remember the day i first heard this song in the car in early 2012, i was like 8, after swimming my sister put her new cd in and when this song came on i was immediately infatuated with lana and whenever we were in the car i used to yell lana, lana! until my sister put the song on lol and when born to die came out i did the same<3

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

Time flies, I remember the first time I heard Video Games. Still beautifully haunting. :poordat:

I never knew that it was Lana herself that first described her music with terms like "Gangster Nancy Sinatra" and "Hollywood Sadcore". That's very interesting.

Like many of you have already said, this song still works and still sounds so beautiful. 10 years? It could’ve been released today and it’d still sound fresh. Isn’t it crazy that I’m still not tired of hearing it and singing along to it? I didn’t know of her til like 2013 but whatever. I’m really glad she released it and that people still today recognize how great it is.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Of course, Video Games would be a taurus baby. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Lana still feels like that new, underground, up-and-coming artist to me :wowcry:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Just now, Diamantes WILD said:

drop that pink vinyl w a complementary game controller fer its anniversary mama 0ab2c1847f6c2052809abeab08642932.gif

!!!! love this, though :wub:

LDR mini-game...successfully dodge American press, Haley Bonar, and sticking to given release dates for more stamina!