Sign in to follow this  
cartoon eyes

First Lana Song You Heard / Downloaded

Video Games on MTV, I thought she was like 45 at first and would be a one hit wonder  :awkney: But I liked the song enough to check her out. It was her unreleased which really made me a stan tho

RVhKIwP.gif

Young and Beautiful because I was obsessed with the 1920s at the time The Great Gatsby was the next Hollywood hit. But same as @May, her unreleased is what made me as huge of a fan as I am today. I remember playing Roblox in the summer with the tracks playing.... It's always so nice and nostalgic to think of how your love for someone grew and grew. I don't mean to get sentimental but I just love her so much

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

2 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Young and Beautiful because I was obsessed with the 1920s at the time The Great Gatsby was the next Hollywood hit. But same as @May, her unreleased is what made me as huge of a fan as I am today. I remember playing Roblox in the summer with the tracks playing.... It's always so nice and nostalgic to think of how your love for someone grew and grew. I don't mean to get sentimental but I just love her so much

Roblox in the summer,

Don’t be a bummer babe 

:oprah2:

RVhKIwP.gif

The first 2 songs of Lana's I listened to were BTD and SS (I was around 11). Hated them both and totally blocked her existence. Years later I saw HBTB music video and it made me check her other songs. Until I decided to download HM and it changed my perception of music entirely (take in account the fact that I was 14 or smth back then and didn't even know what an album was:toofloppy:

-Homeland of the Gods-

Video Games.

I was at my best friend house and she was playing an alternative radio station on her phone and i heard VG come on randomly and said “Excuse me wtf?” and i wrote her name down.

Later i went home, found the video, watched it, loved it. Then saw Blue Jeans, fainted, and then went to iTunes, bought the double single and that was it.......i was obsessed. I watched/read everything, i had a fucking revelation.

I’ll never forget waiting for the BTD album, it was such a moment. I waited for it obsessively. I remember hearing BTD live first time when she performed it, then hearing the studio version weeks later and literally dying while playing it. Also when OTTR leaked on Tumblr, holy shit. So many memories.

Dark Paradise

When Lana came out with VG, BJ and later SS and BTD, I didn't like it and never searched further. In December of 2012, I saw an edit with DP and became obsessed with the song. Only later in 2013 that I really paid attention to Lana and her discography 

Video Games made me very interested and then Summertime Sadness made me fall in love with her music :smokes:

I was like 9 or 10 when her breakthrough happend lol

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Young & Beautiful

A friend of mine sent me the link to the Born to Die video. I disliked the sound of it by then. Later that year, in November, I checked her out again, because I liked the visuals of the BtD video and stumbled upon Young & Beautiful which I immediately loved. I loved the cinematic sound.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Video Games was my first Lana song and I listened to it for YEARS before I became an actual fan. I'd say the song that officially made me a fan would be Honeymoon, since I'd decided to listen to what was her most recent album at the time 

imageproxy.jpg

i remember seeing the BTD music video and because being an insecure teenager with internalised misogyny i said to all of my friends that she was unbearable and fake :oopna: later i listened to more of her stuff (btd the paradise edition), and it was something i had never experienced before. the song that sealed the deal must have been Young & Beautiful :wub: i remember the day it was released, it was a lovely and sunny spring day and something about the song felt so beautiful and healing even though it is such a wrenching song. truly a life changing experience discovering her art, i'm forever chasing for that feeling i got from her music yes i'm dramatic and what about it???

... and 8 years later here i am with you fxckers contemplating if she will release an album full of silence as a revenge because she hates us, analyzing if she will be naked in her next album cover, cyberbullying jack antonoff and living constantly in fear of yet another scat attack

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

my mom listened to Blue Jeans and Summertime Sadness in 2012 but it took me till I heard Money Power Glory and Fucked My Way Up To The Top on Vine in 2014 to become a stan lmao

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

video games was the first song of hers i heard in 2012 and i was just an occasional listener but she was impossible to avoid on tumblr so i started hearing some unreleased songs like on our way and kinda outta luck which is what got me to stan

i love you, but you don't understand me.