Sign in to follow this  
cartoon eyes

First Lana Song You Heard / Downloaded

1 hour ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Diet Mtn Dew demo! My friend passed it along thinking I would like it and boy was she correct. I’ve been following her career ever since :flutter:

You’ve been here since the Diet Mtn Dew demo....?:wowcry: that would have been in 2010, right?! You really are an OG :flutter:

Video Games when it first started to go viral in fall 2011! I was in class with a bunch of hipsters and they were talking to each other like "hey have you heard of this artist called Lana del Rey?"

I remember being mesmerized by it all, then rushing home and shortly downloading Off To The Races when it was a free song on iTunes. :flutter:

13 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

You’ve been here since the Diet Mtn Dew demo....?:wowcry: that would have been in 2010, right?! You really are an OG :flutter:

I’ve been “here” in spirit for sure lol but I only decided to make a LB account last year after not having anyone to fangirl with over LDR :ma:

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I’ve been “here” in spirit for sure lol but I only decided to make a LB account last year after not having anyone to fangirl with over LDR :ma:

Yesss I remember when you joined in August last year and blessed us with that iconic airplane album cover concept for Chemtrails :ma:

Born To Die.

The first time I was aware of Lana's existence was watching her perform on American Idol in like 2012. (I thought she was boring at the time so I ignored her :toofunny:) But then like a year later a girl i went to school with was watching some of lana's music videos in class and after seeing them i bought Born To Die (album) and listened to it in full every night before i fell asleep like all of summer 2013

I didn’t fall in love w Lana until I got to Radio on BTD. Then I was hooked. She lost be a bit around Honeymoon but won me back harder than ever with Mariners Apartment Complex. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

it was the album version of lolita, i thought it was really intriguing and i began listening to her other songs, and i slowly became a massive lana fan :dance: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it was the album version of lolita, i thought it was really intriguing and i began listening to her other songs, and i slowly became a massive lana fan :dance: 

this is so perfect for you :wowcry: i read some of these and just think of course that's how they became a fan, like it makes perfect sense. too cute

sUcVobB.png

Off To The Races!

I liked the singles that came out before the album, but that first album play through hooked me! And it was only song 2. Knew I was gonna love her right then and there

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, honeybadger said:

this is so perfect for you :wowcry: i read some of these and just think of course that's how they became a fan, like it makes perfect sense. too cute

...which is ironic because now that's my least favorite version of lolita :gasp: i highly prefer the other four versions... :gasp: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

...which is ironic because now that's my least favorite version of lolita :gasp: i highly prefer the other four versions... :gasp: 

:trisha: even so it makes like perfect sense to me that lolita would be the catalyst to your love for lana... like the kitsch, the mystery, the pure fun of it all :trisha: what a moment

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

:trisha: even so it makes like perfect sense to me that lolita would be the catalyst to your love for lana... like the kitsch, the mystery, the pure fun of it all :trisha: what a moment

kitschy & mysterious... i like that :gasp: 

ride, i was obsessed 

i remember this really cool/ sketchy girl (evie from thirteen energy) i was friends with was obsessed with lana and introduced me to her 

me and my friend also were super obsessed with dark paradise and would blare it in her moms car. looking back i kinda feel bad bc her mom had intense depression and a song about lana wanting to die prob didn’t help :hooker: or maybe she liked it idk :hooker:

West Coast! lol. After I heard that song I was immediately hooked on her music, after that I listened to Ultraviolence (song) and then the whole album and I was shooooooooooook. I couldn't believe that someone could make music that was so beautiful .

Dark Paradise, specifically. In the Spring of 2012, a friend of mine recommended Lana to me. He mentioned the Born to Die album but specifically recommended the songs Off to the Races, Video Games, National Anthem and Dark Paradise and DP being the first one I listened to. In June of 2012, a group of us purchased tickets to see her in concert for $20 each and I had front row seats and I was so mesmerized by her live performance of Million Dollar Man and I've been hooked ever since.