Sign in to follow this  
cartoon eyes

First Lana Song You Heard / Downloaded

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

it was the album version of lolita, i thought it was really intriguing and i began listening to her other songs, and i slowly became a massive lana fan :dance: 

Doesn't it also kinda upset you that there's so many people out there who hate that song and the meaning behind it?

5 hours ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Young and Beautiful because I was obsessed with the 1920s at the time The Great Gatsby was the next Hollywood hit. But same as @May, her unreleased is what made me as huge of a fan as I am today. I remember playing Roblox in the summer with the tracks playing.... It's always so nice and nostalgic to think of how your love for someone grew and grew. I don't mean to get sentimental but I just love her so much

reminds me of when id force everyone to listen to lana whenever a game had the roblox radio 

one of my favs to play was an uncensored cola that somehow got bypassed

anywhosies i was watching one of marinas videos and lana was always in my recommendations (or someone she was compared to) so i finally decided to watch one of her recommended videos which was national anthem and i fell in love with her music and visuals 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Video Games 10 summers ago when I was a teen :flutter:  I think I saw the first video that went up for it. I remember being equally captivated by her beauty, voice, lyricism, and the nostalgia of the video itself. I’ve followed her ever since!

Definitely a song that changed my life because within those formative years, Lana really exposed me to a lot of my favourite films, books, authors, poets, and overall inspirations that remain the same today <3 and just the way she was, her spirit and entire presence, it just really resonated with me. 

I heard Video Games in the summer of 2012 and it was over pretty much instantly tbh

I remember Vevo was pushing the video in ads all over YouTube so I caved in and listened, funny how some things just change in a day or even in an hour etc.

I'm not 100% it was specifically August of 2012 - but I remember the Paradise album trailer being released later in September, and I presumably joined LB in October to download the leaks on the 14th (which were my first, Moi Je Joue, Butterflies, Last Girl on Earth among others :defeated:)

I'm pretty sure I listened to OTTR right after VG, and then Kill Kill, and Blue Jeans, and QOTGS - I've strong memories of all these tracks

QOTGS was the song that did me in for real, and it's my fave Lana song to this day lmao :flutter:

in retrospect I find it incredibly funny that I was expecting something adjacent to Alexandra Stan from her :rip:

I guess between the song title and her name, "Lana Del Rey - Video Games" just gave me one-hit-wonder vibes, like Simon Curtis crossed over with the pop girlie of the week

rihKQ8M.gif

The first one was video games but at the time i was young and I only listened to whatever the radio played . After listening to SS, Young and beautiful and BTD  I fell in love . I thought that she was so unique and ahead of her time and I loved the vintage and cinematic feel her music had . I remember showing the video clip of BtD to my mum because I was so mesmerized by her  music and visuals that I wanted to share it with her and she loved her as well. After listening to more of her music  at the time my favorite song became OTTR . I think that it’s truly one of the best in her discography still to this day along with VG . Around 2014 when UV was released and I got more into music, searching artists on my own , I listened to the whole album and that was the exact moment it dawned on me that she was truly a music genius.  Finding out about her unreleased music only magnified my love and admiration for her as an artist and a person. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

i first heard born to die and video games from my sister in the car, but when i was a little bit older i listened to btd, ultraviolence and honeymoon over and over and i think thats when i knew i would stay with her :flutter: 

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

I think that it was Damn You. I remember that 10 years ago I used to check a radio station in my country in order to find some new songs and I discovered VG and SS. They use photos of each artist that is featured on the list and I still remember seeing Lana with a flower crown and blonde hair. And then tried to find other songs on yt and fell in love with Damn You. 

giphy.gif

Dark Paradise was the song which makes me more interested Lana's World. I was bewitched by UV cause this album was so different. But High By The Beach makes me a stan and Honeymoon was the first album which I waited consciously. I was too young to know what it is exciting that somebody release album.

Video games like many of you.

It was early August 2011 so in summer. Amy Winehouse had just died and I was still listening to Back to Black a lot, including the title song.

I spent my time on a music site every day to see new releases, on my brother's computer. I see an article that says "Lana Del Rey: Video Games Makes the Web Buzz", something like that.

I walked past I didn't click because I thought it was uninspiring buzz shit. Then in the evening I still saw this article but in the big window of the site to put it forward and I wondered what had this artist had so that they put it forward. The miniature was the young people on the scooter.

I clicked and it directed me to Lana's channel, the video already had 4 million views. It was written LANA DEL REY-VIDEO GAMES (since deleted), there was no Vevo behind this channel. My brother was next door and I said "wait, I'm going to turn on the sound to listen to a song".

And... Oh the slap. I can't tell you what happened but it had been so long since I had heard a song so beautiful, very good and sad at the same time. It was everything I liked. It was grandiose, I said to myself "it's a classic". The clip did something to me, it was memorable. The same evening I went to download this song with a converter site, I knew from that moment that Lana would be one of the few artists to stay with me forever because I knew from her voice that she would be a timeless classic.

a number of songs...

i used to listen to Summertime Sadness and Young and Beautiful a bit  but  i  thought Lana was  the same person as Carly Rae Jepsen (embarrassing i know)

My dad even put  West Coast on once in the car when i was younger  and i said "ew" and skipped  the song..

im not  sure what changed but i remember getting Lust for Life stuck in my head and i  became a fan then..

hearing Doin' Time on this end of year count down that one of  the radio stations in Australia does reminded me of her music and  the rest is history.

I'm not sure whether I first heard Video games, Blue jeans, BTD or Dark paradise, but I remember bopping to the latter so bad as a pre-teen and I think that made me a fan because I used to listen to it on repeat :bebe: I haven't listened in a while 'cause it makes me cringe a little, but I don't neglect my BTD phase at all :hottie: there's just other songs off that record I like much much more

Born To Die was the first song I heard from her and that totally captivated me... but I was still a bit on the fence. Back then a lot of BTD sounded very 'samey' (it really grew on me tho, absolutely love it now)

What really made me a fan though was discovering her unreleased catalogue, namely Prom Song (Gone Wrong), Hollywood's Dead, Puppy Love, Damn You, etc.

Wouldn't be able to pinpoint it to a specific song, since it was the whole experience of bop after bop after bop which made her a legend in my eyes :wowcry:

Summertime Sadness was my first taste of Lana and Radio was what got me hooked permanently. Radio was my anthem all of senior year of high school. It made me fall in love with Lana permanently. I loved her voice, the lyrics, and her overall aesthetic. There was no one else with a similar style so she stood out from every other artist I had formerly loved.

tenor.gif

—Churning Nectarine Ice Cream for the local police department and doing random handstands while My Song 57 by Lana Del Rey plays.— Lots of love.

as soon as I heard the strings of born to die I knew she got me :brandy:

but what really made me stay were the unreleased tracks that we had at the time, like children of the bad revolution and hundred dollar bill

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I discovered Lana in november or december 2011, it was on an italian Britney Spears forum in the music section... A guy made a thread section for her 'cause she was just starting going viral... And it just sucked me in, she was so different from everything I've had known to that point and I felt that kind of connection to her music. It was revealing. I even made a post on Facebook that went like "shes Lana del Rey and I really hope she makes it big, you should check on her". Lol 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d