Sign in to follow this  
cartoon eyes

First Lana Song You Heard / Downloaded

I was at the dentist in 2017 and LFL started playing on the radio and my dentist started to sing along:godlaugh2: i was like waaaait is this Lana del rey with the weeknd?? I tought she disappeared after 2012 so i googled the song. And then listened to Love and Coachella, Cherry blossom and Be my daddy. And then just started playing every lana song from YT recommendations

I listened to BTD and VG cause youtube keep recommending them and I didn't really like them that much on first listen but I kept going back to them I don't know why. Then I randomly listened to some songs from BTD and I got hooked. I got into that album and some months later the Paradise era started and without even realizing I was already a stan :crying4:.

giphy.gif

According to my Spotify history, it was Blue Velvet. It was the first Lana song I added to my library in 2014. Simpler times. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

first time when i heard about Lana Del Rey was in 2016 when Sia released a song called "Jesus Wept" and people were like OHH MY GODD :oprah2: it sounds like Lana Del Rey's "Video Games"!!!!11! and so I thought alright let me check. And that's where it all began. Video Games. :wink:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

born to die. my friend told me about it before physics class and when i went home i watched the mv and was mesmerized. i couldn't think of anything but the song (and her) for a while.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

for some reason my father had this file on his computer with a lot of lana's stuff back in 2011(12?), it contained a lot of demos from AKA and its album, photoshoots, live shows and that ep with blue jeans and video games. 

i think the first lana song i heard was either blue jeans (the version with "our father who art in heaven" that still creeps me out!!) or some random song on AKA lmaooooo my father had no idea of what he has done by showing me lana del rey

SFP2h.gif

I have a vague memory of hearing Video Games on the radio in the car of a friend's mom  in 2011/2012, she sang and hummed along to it always. But I never checked Lana out back then nor went to YouTube to listen to it. Then I heard Summertime Sadness in Spring 2015 and immiadetly fall in love with it and also rediscovered Video Games.

Spoiler

Actually that friend was my "girlfriend" back then bc I didn't realized I was gay at that time. We were both really young too, like 11 or 12 and it was like more of childish relationship with only kisses on the cheeks etc and I think I have somewhere in my childhood stuff still her love letters lol but we did had a very good friendship for a few years. Anyways sorry I got way too nostalgic :krylie::bebe:

Spoiler

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I had heard summertime sadness and video games I think. But it was when a friend showed me a bunch of BTD songs on her phone that I was like “wow, I love this music” and started getting into it. Right before UV came out, and when those singles & the album dropped…. I was hooked for LIFE. Her best album wbk

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

46 minutes ago, Embach said:

Video Games in Autumn 2011 when I heard it playing on a music channel called VH1. I instantly fell in love! :crying5:

me too! i think it was on mtv rocks for me but i can’t quite remember, i have a really vivid memory of sitting on the floor waiting for it to come on again bc i didn’t have a phone or anything :flutter:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

me too! i think it was on mtv rocks for me but i can’t quite remember, i have a really vivid memory of sitting on the floor waiting for it to come on again bc i didn’t have a phone or anything :flutter:

Omfg yes, I was sitting on the floor too! Funny thing I remember was that I had always wanted to know who sang that song because I didn't pay enough attention to the end credits (like who sang it, what's the song's name and from which album) and I remember everyone wrote about "Lana Del Rey - Video Games" on media and I was always interested in listening to that song because the stage name sounded so fascinating and unique especially with a song name which was about video games and I thought it would be a banger but I remember I was watching TV and the credits showed that "the next song playing: Lana Del Rey - Video Games" and when they played it as the next song, I put all the puzzle pieces together and realised that this beautiful song was "Video Games" all along :oprah4: I remember listening to Born To Die and Summertime Sadness in 2012 too but funnily these 3 songs were the only Lana songs I had ever heard until August 2016 lol. 

url%5D

Video Games in 2011.

I saw this on a playlist of the French indie music magazine "Les inrocks". I remember them saying she would definitely be the next thing. They weren't wrong. I loved video games, but soon they posted his MVs (the old homemade ones), Video Games, Blue Jeans, Kinda Outta Luck, Diet Mtn Dew, and so I immediately became a fan. 

We didn't saw her SNL performance in France, so we didn’t had the backlash and the hype didn't diminish in 2012.

13 minutes ago, Embach said:

Omfg yes, I was sitting on the floor too! Funny thing I remember was that I had always wanted to know who sang that song because I didn't pay enough attention to the end credits (like who sang it, what's the song's name and from which album) and I remember everyone wrote about "Lana Del Rey - Video Games" on media and I was always interested in listening to that song because the stage name sounded so fascinating and unique especially with a song name which was about video games and I thought it would be a banger but I remember I was watching TV and the credits showed that "the next song playing: Lana Del Rey - Video Games" and when they played it as the next song, I put all the puzzle pieces together and realised that this beautiful song was "Video Games" all along :oprah4: I remember listening to Born To Die and Summertime Sadness in 2012 too but funnily these 3 songs were the only Lana songs I had ever heard until August 2016 lol. 

I FEEL SPIRITUALLY CONNECTED TO YOU:kum:

giphy.gif

Like mid to late September 2015 (24nd-27th I think?) and I was sitting in the living room and my mom was watching TV when the host randomly played the song Honeymoon. I was so amazed by it because I never heard anything like that before, so I spent hours trying to find the song and it wasn't until I googled "Dreaming away your life" that I found it.

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

I first heard a song and watched a video - Born to Die - at the same time, in 2012. I kept seeing Lana's name on gossip websites but didn't know who she was. She seemed like she was mostly/only popular in Europe at the time (like, no one I knew had heard of her/was talking about her). One day I decided to see what she was all about since I always love things popular in Europe but not in the US, so I typed her name in on youtube and Born to Die was the first result... and the rest is history. I still remember that feeling of hearing her voice and the song for the first time, literally already on the first line I was just in awe and like WOW, this is the best thing I've ever heard! I watched that video like ten times before I illegally downloaded her album (as one did back in 2012 :teehee:)

summertime sadness, then maybe born to die or video games. but I only listened to it sporadically. I only went to download her music after the release of ultraviolence.