Elle

Wildflower Wildfire

6 hours ago, Venice said:

Idk much about her family (never bothered to look into anything like that) but sometimes wonder how her siblings feel about this? Like Chuck and Lana seem super close - even mentioned in multiple songs in a positive way, yet their mom is addressed by Lana coldly and harshly, overall not even really acknowledged as a mother. The lyrics in WW just made it even more apparent just how estranged/strained their relationship is :smokes3:... While Charlie is making some bday cakes lmao like I’m so curious what it must be like for them?¿

Maybe they feel the same way about her too. I remember Lana saying that her brother passed through a specialized institution and that she was taking care of him. The root from this could be an unstable home environment. Why would she take care of him instead of her parents? It's something to think about

"She knew a lot of things about me, about my grandmother , on the jewels she demised me , on my brother for 3 years and whom I take care and  on his setbacks or his passage in a specialized institute... It really shaken me because I told nobody and it reassures me in the existence of a beyond."

http://lanaboards.com/topic/4863-lana-del-rey-on-inrockuptibles/?tab=comments#comment-191648

2 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Maybe they feel the same way about her too. I remember Lana saying that her brother passed through a specialized institution and that she was taking care of him. The root from this could be an unstable home environment. Why would she take care of him instead of her parents? It's something to think about

"She knew a lot of things about me, about my grandmother , on the jewels she demised me , on my brother for 3 years and whom I take care and  on his setbacks or his passage in a specialized institute... It really shaken me because I told nobody and it reassures me in the existence of a beyond."

http://lanaboards.com/topic/4863-lana-del-rey-on-inrockuptibles/?tab=comments#comment-191648

wow i had never read that interview in full all at once, thanks for sharing that link! great interview!

Apart from poetic lyrics, I think WW has a strong melody. Personally, the strongest of the three. Imagining the chorus with different instruments like electric guitars, horns or strings feels epic. But in the end, she chose to deliver her poetry with this rendition and I understand how it brings out the heartbreaking emotions. Nevertheless, can't wait to listen to fanmade mixes if there is going to be any. 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

11 hours ago, MrFameKills said:

What does running on stardust mean? :crai:

Well the song has many references to energy, strength and fuel... Surviving, willpower, lithium, IVs, wildfires and then the line about running on stardust, which I think means she's being fueled by her ancestry, her past... she's been thinking a lot about her childhood and teenage years and she wants to get over it and kind of get rid of her origins (we all come from stardust) so she's been living on that. Also a reference to Joni Mitchell's "Woodstock", which mentions stardust, and is about learning from life and going back to our roots ("Back to the garden") all clean and brand new.

Not sure if it’s been said already but “to light up your nights” puts me in mind of Stevie Nicks’ duet with Don Henley “Leather & Lace”. The male voice sings “I knew with you to light my nights, somehow I’d get by.” :flutter:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

We all know right now that sturdust means cocaine, right?

But I found something else... ermmm more disturbing... :derpna2::scoff:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Stardust&amp=true&defid=4887743

Spoiler

'When a female places glitter into her vagina or vaginal area, then exerts a loud qeaf thus making star dust
Jackie was having a rough sex life but things were looking a litte bit brighter when Kelly star dusted him in the face.'

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

Her voice at 1.41 - 1:42. WTF! How can someone sounds so angelic and so beautiful. It‘s cocaine for my ears, LIVING for those two seconds :hair:

@MrFameKills was writing about what "star dust alone/star drip IV" could mean and here's my read: star dust alone refers to the dust of stars long since burnt out, ie she's been living off the fumes of gasoline rather than gasoline itself. star drip IV is a way to describe how she introduced the heat of a living star but had to do it through artificial means. i love this new turn in her long held use of the heat as a metaphor for desire, passion, liveliness, electricity and connection– that this person brought heat into her life after a long period of her either lacking it or finding it only artifically.

as if it's not clear i'm OBSESSED with this song...also love that poetry (the word) has been showing up in her lyrics so much in COCC and now BB. writing poems has obviously brought something super powerful to her life that is evident both in her writing and in how she describes pleasure/connection etc. in her songs now.

aOaIzH2.gif

I'm lazy

Has it been discussed that maybe this is a rework of White Hot Forever?

I know Oklahoman Christian Maniac had that refrain but it wouldn't be the first time she split one song concept into two

Hot fire, hot weather 

Just the whole theme

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

21 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I'm lazy

Has it been discussed that maybe this is a rework of White Hot Forever?

I know Oklahoman Christian Maniac had that refrain but it wouldn't be the first time she split one song concept into two

Hot fire, hot weather 

Just the whole theme

Leak UFB :thirst: