Elle

Wildflower Wildfire

1 hour ago, bel air rose said:

omg I thought it was stand, its sand? can u explain what she means i’m dumb :flutter:

It gives me this haunting image of her wandering the hospital halls barefoot, and then even after she's left she still feels that sand/dirt on her feet from the hospital floors, like she can't fully wash away that memory.

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

It gives me this haunting image of her wandering the hospital halls barefoot, and then even after she's left she still feels that sand/dirt on her feet from the hospital floors, like she can't fully wash away that memory.

oooh yes! i took it more literally like she'd just been found wandering the beach (reminds me of The Ocean - "the ocean makes me cry" / "i'm in love with a dying man, i'm in love laying in the sand") and that's where she'd been found before being rushed to the hospital, although i like your interpretation better!

though if we were to take the literal interpretation and do some hashtag Lanalysis, maybe a lot of things link back to this day for her? she's clearly a woman predisposed to mental health issues or depression, but maybe a breaking point for her was the day that she describes in Kill Kill / The Ocean, when she finds out she's gonna lose her lover and that she's "in love with a dying man", so she's laid in the sand until - as she describes in Wildflower Wildfire - she's taken into the hospital, sand still on her feet. :smokes3:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

oooh yes! i took it more literally like she'd just been found wandering the beach (reminds me of The Ocean - "the ocean makes me cry" / "i'm in love with a dying man, i'm in love laying in the sand") and that's where she'd been found before being rushed to the hospital, although i like your interpretation better!

though if we were to take the literal interpretation and do some hashtag Lanalysis, maybe a lot of things link back to this day for her? she's clearly a woman predisposed to mental health issues or depression, but maybe a breaking point for her was the day that she describes in Kill Kill / The Ocean, when she finds out she's gonna lose her lover and that she's "in love with a dying man", so she's laid in the sand until - as she describes in Wildflower Wildfire - she's taken into the hospital, sand still on her feet. :smokes3:

I love yours too! Lana's writing is so layered and often has multiple interpretations that work so well together :wub:

23 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

Wow, that’s actually a great interpretation and point of view. It never occurred to me, that you could possibly link it all the way back to AKA. Really makes you wonder, if her fixation on beaches has also to do with that or if it’s just the vastness of the ocean and soothing feeling you experience at the beach. God, I love these singles and their weird mystery: She‘s so open and yet, I find myself with more questions

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

27 minutes ago, lamms said:

Wow, that’s actually a great interpretation and point of view. It never occurred to me, that you could possibly link it all the way back to AKA. Really makes you wonder, if her fixation on beaches has also to do with that or if it’s just the vastness of the ocean and soothing feeling you experience at the beach. God, I love these singles and their weird mystery: She‘s so open and yet, I find myself with more questions

she's managed to do the impossible - seemingly telling us everything while also telling us kinda nothing! she's maintained this mystery but also said things to the entire world that you wouldn't even catch yourself saying to your besties at a dinner party. i think lana's greatest skill is this kind of self-mythologising; she somehow has a whole canon of things (K, double homicide, her parents, boarding school, drugs, alcohol, cult leaders) we're all so intrigued by :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

7 hours ago, DCooper said:

omfg. thank u for this :trisha:

"I promised you like a million tomorrows

Here’s the deal

What I can promise is all lied down

Like a bed of wildflowers

And always make the sheets smell like gardenias

Wild at your feet

And I

Nourish you hazily baby, I"

Is she talking to her future child in this song like she's saying that she will not be like her mother to them?

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

reading the last page of the thread really gave me a new love for this song. i love how lana has created a world, a painting, a universe, a puzzle of her life that she expands on in every song, all while maintaining a sense of mystery. every song has its purpose. what a fucking legend

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

6 minutes ago, americangothic said:

How do you all interpret the metaphor/contrast of a 'wildflower' and a 'wildfire' besides the phonetic rhyme scheme? Just curious

Wildflowers, plants, grass can all burn. So she's saying she won't catch flame and become the fire that she knows the world can be and is burning at the same time. Basically in other words "I'm not gonna burn you like others have done me" is what she's saying, but she'll be like a wildflower, she'll basically be wild and free while staying pretty and sweet and fragrant, like a wildflower. Honestly i think the lyrics fit better on NFR, with the cover since Cali was burning then. "I wouldn't know what hot fire was" and "I wouldn't know how cruel the world was" plays into those lyrics too, kind of giving the explanation for those lines. Especially when she talks about her mom, which is a sort of burned bridge, which her dad also burned her too, meaning hurt her because he wouldn't "step in when his wife would rage at me". The wildflower part makes sense because she says "I'll be like gardenias wild at your feet" and "I ended up awkward but sweet" which flowers can be fragrant and smell kind of sweet

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole