Elle

Wildflower Wildfire

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

Wildflower Wildfire is great because this is the most vulnerable and honest she's ever been. But it's just so funny to me that it's produced by Mike Dean bc it does not sound like it was at all.

Another proof that it's Lana who decides how her music will sound.

nah everyone's gonna be praising wildflower wildfire in the future. the pacing. the fluctuating tones. 

maybe its just me but the looseness of the tracks just get me more engaged n riled easier w/o the need of pretenses than feeling lazy towards it. so good. 

just imagine taunting a lover w suggestions to it, so enabling. it's just a bit more subtle to the ear, which makes it even more intimate when or if. u catch up to it. the menacing piano's just so good for it. 

others were making fun of hope, but it's shaped into her hallelujah. woman's gonna grow on everyone more too. 

burnnnnn buuuuuuuuurn buhhhhuuuhhhhhrrhhhrrrnnnnnn tenor.gif?itemid=15681525 this is cruel world's older brother 

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, Diamantes WILD said:

Lana really said, put the kids to bed w WW tenor.gif

that's the best description for it 

and this gif is amazing omg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Okay so maybe I'm just being extra, but does anyone feel like this part is kind of directly referring to fans/us speculating about her personal story?

"Here's the deal (cause I know you want to talk about it)

Here's the deal - you say there's gaps to fill, so here

Here's the deal - my father never stepped in when his wife

would rage at me" 

Like obviously it's speaking about her past and her family, but the way she says "here's the deal" a bunch of times seems kind of like she's consciously saying "okay, you all have been wondering about this so here you go". And then the way she specifically says "gaps to fill in" reminds me a lot of how people on this board have spoken about the time periods and details of her past that are hard to tie together...maybe I'm reaching, but idk, it shook me 

:crying4:

What I can promise is I’ll lie down

Like a bed of wildflowers

And I'll always make the sheets

Smell like gardenias wild at your feet

And I nourish you lazily

Those are such great lyrics :trisha:

Everything that I wanted was pretty words and now I finally got them :cryney2:

This song has been on repeat for an hour now and it does has its awkward moments with the drums, but this is still my favourite song for the lyrics 

I was abused by my brother growing up and my father never stepped in and this song just hits way too close to home :cryney2:

nF70D0F.png

3 hours ago, TheCultureIsLit said:

Okay so maybe I'm just being extra, but does anyone feel like this part is kind of directly referring to fans/us speculating about her personal story?

"Here's the deal (cause I know you want to talk about it)

Here's the deal - you say there's gaps to fill, so here

Here's the deal - my father never stepped in when his wife

would rage at me" 

Like obviously it's speaking about her past and her family, but the way she says "here's the deal" a bunch of times seems kind of like she's consciously saying "okay, you all have been wondering about this so here you go". And then the way she specifically says "gaps to fill in" reminds me a lot of how people on this board have spoken about the time periods and details of her past that are hard to tie together...maybe I'm reaching, but idk, it shook me 

:crying4:

Hm I think she’s referring to the media (specifically the Ann Powers article) and their assumptions about her upbringing/lack of authenticity. It’s truly her telling her own story.

“Comfortably numb but with lithium came poetry” :poordat:

Lithium is a mood-stabilizer, It is used to treat bipolar disorder. As a med student this line hits.. because this medication has no euphoric or relaxing effect like most of the drugs used to treat mental disorders... so she taking it, means that she had sever manic and depressive episodes in her life, and that breaks my heart 

:poordat:

5 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

What I can promise is I’ll lie down

Like a bed of wildflowers

And I'll always make the sheets

Smell like gardenias wild at your feet

And I nourish you lazily

Those are such great lyrics :trisha:

Everything that I wanted was pretty words and now I finally got them :cryney2:

One of my favorite parts , i love how she says gardenias .

Do I have thing for Lana talking about flowers ? Maybe :oopna:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I’m back again to preach about how fucking good Wildflower Wildfire is. I haven’t been so floored by a Lana song in YEARS. it’s just so fucking good. The lyrics, her vocals, the production, the entire last minute where the production goes crazy... all the shit it revealed about her relationship w p*tty and mental health and stuff. I’m just so destroyed :defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

11 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

I’m back again to preach about how fucking good Wildflower Wildfire is. I haven’t been so floored by a Lana song in YEARS. it’s just so fucking good. The lyrics, her vocals, the production, the entire last minute where the production goes crazy... all the shit it revealed about her relationship w p*tty and mental health and stuff. I’m just so destroyed :defeated:

the best of the three for sure! Instantly added to my lana favs list - ballad section. 

13 hours ago, honeybadger said:

i'm like 30% sure it's "later then hospitals"?? "laid up in hospitals"? idk?

and 90% sure it's "sand still on my feet"? but still interpreting :lolliney:

In writing, "laid up in hospitals" makes more sense to my mind, but I only hear her sing "later then" - which I don't fully understand, unless it's like

"So I ended up awkward but sweet,

Later - then [later on/after that] hospitals [I was hospitalised/in and out of hospitals for treatments?]

And still on my feet [I'm still standing after everything]"

I mean I get the story and the meaning of the verse (and it hits fucking hard) but I'm a stickler for lyrics and I wanna know  :crying:

all i want is to feel good

I wish Lana would put her lyrics in her album booklets like she did with BTD. Sad she doesn't do that anymore. We'll never really know what some of the words she said in some of her songs like this one.

This song is my favorite. It's really beautiful.

giphy.gif