Elle

Wildflower Wildfire

i cant believe how underrated wildflower wildfire is like those are her best lyrics since honeymoon. they’re so abstract and beautiful and not too wordy, it’s perfection to me :defeated:

everyone was so disappointed in the production and was expecting so much from mike but he said in the fantano interview that he will always stay true to the artist which he did. the piano was haunting and RICH and the layering reminded me of uv. the percussion on first listen was bizarre but it’s so explosive which i really needed from her.

these first 3 songs are obviously heavy and very emotional. I don’t think lana was looking to make a radio friendly bop out of any of these songs. she’s still working with mike and I think they’re gonna go deeper with that explosive sound. anyways end rant and appreciate these godly lyrics

Here’s the deal

I promised you like a million tomorrows

Here’s the deal

What I can promise is i’ll lie down

Like a bed of wildflowers

And always make the sheets smell like gardenias

Wild at your feet

And I

Nourish you hazily baby, I

I’ve been running on stardust alone for so long... :rollin:

6 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

i cant believe how underrated wildflower wildfire is like those are her best lyrics since honeymoon. they’re so abstract and beautiful and not too wordy, it’s perfection to me :defeated:

everyone was so disappointed in the production and was expecting so much from mike but he said in the fantano interview that he will always stay true to the artist which he did. the piano was haunting and RICH and the layering reminded me of uv. the percussion on first listen was bizarre but it’s so explosive which i really needed from her.

these first 3 songs are obviously heavy and very emotional. I don’t think lana was looking to make a radio friendly bop out of any of these songs. she’s still working with mike and I think they’re gonna go deeper with that explosive sound. anyways end rant and appreciate these godly lyrics

Here’s the deal

Here’s the deal

Wild at your feet

And I

She’s truly reached a new creative peak :trisha: the writing on all 3 of these songs is just amazing and is a testament to her gift as a songwriter. The lyrics you included are just so poetic and pretty and full of symbolism :typewriter: there’s also so much to unpack in BB and TB as well. Every individual lyric has layers to it :defeated:

17 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

She’s truly reached a new creative peak :trisha: the writing on all 3 of these songs is just amazing and is a testament to her gift as a songwriter. The lyrics you included are just so poetic and pretty and full of symbolism :typewriter: there’s also so much to unpack in BB and TB as well. Every individual lyric has layers to it :defeated:

one of my favorite things is digesting her lyrics:krylie: 

just looked into the “i’ve been running on stardust alone for so long” line

stardust: (especially in the context of success in the world of entertainment) a magical or charismatic quality or feeling.

:xcry::hair::trisha:

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

one of my favorite things is digesting her lyrics:krylie: 

just looked into the “i’ve been running on stardust alone for so long” line

stardust: (especially in the context of success in the world of entertainment) a magical or charismatic quality or feeling.

:xcry::hair::trisha:

Stardust = Joni Mitchell reference (‘Woodstock’) 

8 hours ago, bel air rose said:

Here’s the deal

Here’s the deal

Wild at your feet

And I

Everything i wanted to say and my favorite part of the song as well  , worded perfectly . I hope that with Mike she experiments more sound-wise and give us something bombastic in the rest of the album . If the 7min  song he posted on his insta is Lana’s it might be more experimental :oopna:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

It could be about physical abuse that sent her to the hospital, but I interpret this song as about mental/psychological abuse that sent her to the psych ward (behind the iron gates!). I feel like most dads would step in if mom was physically attacking a child but might think it's "just" mom/daughter stuff if mom and daughter are verbally fighting, not realizing how much it hurt Lana. 

Or I may be projecting, ngl :facepalm: Anyway, this song hits hard, and I don't think there's any coming back from her estrangement with Patty after publicly reducing her to "Dad's wife". :eek3:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

What does she mean when she says “I wouldn’t know what hot fire was... hot fire hot weather hot coffee...” someone explain. Is it just her being numb to things or something else. 

23 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

What does she mean when she says “I wouldn’t know what hot fire was... hot fire hot weather hot coffee...” someone explain. Is it just her being numb to things or something else. 

I would assume she's saying that her threshold for pain is quite high. She's desensitized to being "burned" because her "father never stepped in when his wife would rage at [her]", with rage being the operative word (as "raging" is often used to describe a fire). So things that are actually "hot" in the literal sense (like fire, the weather, and coffee) don't impair her or harm her nearly as much. And then following that, she vows to never be like her mother - the "wildfire" in question, that she vows to never turn into.

9 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I would assume she's saying that her threshold for pain is quite high. She's desensitized to being "burned" because her "father never stepped in when his wife would rage at [her]", with rage being the operative word (as "raging" is often used to describe a fire). So things that are actually "hot" in the literal sense (like fire, the weather, and coffee) don't impair her or harm her nearly as much. And then following that, she vows to never be like her mother - the "wildfire" in question, that she vows to never turn into.

Ty ?

13 hours ago, BoardingSchool said:

Anyway, this song hits hard, and I don't think there's any coming back from her estrangement with Patty after publicly reducing her to "Dad's wife". :eek3:

Idk much about her family (never bothered to look into anything like that) but sometimes wonder how her siblings feel about this? Like Chuck and Lana seem super close - even mentioned in multiple songs in a positive way, yet their mom is addressed by Lana coldly and harshly, overall not even really acknowledged as a mother. The lyrics in WW just made it even more apparent just how estranged/strained their relationship is :smokes3:... While Charlie is making some bday cakes lmao like I’m so curious what it must be like for them?¿

I'm so addicted to the last one and a half minute..it's crazy...I replay that part several times when I listen to the song :trisha:

Also the hot fire part is so good...instant eargasmn :bodyisready:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I had not made that connection (the mother-wildfire one, I mean). It kinda makes sense. And would made the title itself a reference to how terrible the things have been in her eye regarding the relationship to her mother, Lana being the "Wildflower" that "lives on sheer willpower" while her mother being the "Wildfire" she`ll fight at all costs not to become. The song is extremely touching without even having made that connection, but once done... Damn, Lana.

26 minutes ago, sjatib said:

I had not made that connection (the mother-wildfire one, I mean). It kinda makes sense. And would made the title itself a reference to how terrible the things have been in her eye regarding the relationship to her mother, Lana being the "Wildflower" that "lives on sheer willpower" while her mother being the "Wildflower" she`ll fight at all costs not to become. The song is extremely touching without even having made that connection, but once done... Damn, Lana.

That's actually  so heartbreaking...Lana is a wildflower that got destroyed by a wildfire aka her mother:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

41 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

That's actually  so heartbreaking...Lana is a wildflower that got destroyed by a wildfire aka her mother:trisha:

As a person who was destroyed by my mother, I feel like I would like to say something about that song. It will be about abuse so I m putting it in spoiler. 

Spoiler

Baby, I, I, I, I've been runnin' on stardust
Alone for so long
I wouldn't know what hot fire was

Lana as many children of abusive houses was reading with her pain. She prob was trying to flush all the pain away with some dr*gs like coc*ine. I was dealing with my pain in similiar way...

Baby, I’ll be like a wildflower
I live on sheer willpower
I’ll do my best never to turn into something
That burns, burns, burns 

But Lana doesn't want to be like her mother, she feels ready not to hurt anybody and live gracefully like a wiildflower (wildflowers are always everywhere, they will always grow no matter what soil there is).

My father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me
So I ended up awkward but sweet
Later then hospitals, and still on my feet
Comfortably numb, but with lithium came poetry

I think we all know what was happening when her mother was shouting at her, maybe doing something else... when mother has a dominant role in family, usually fathers end up passive. Also I think that Lana was at mental/psychiatric hospital and she was dealing with everything which her mother had done to her. I am doing it as her and its really a fight with my mind. We acknowledge song titles there but I would like to add that lithium is also A medicine to treat depression, anxiety or mood disorders. Basically she's saying that she is still here, standing on her feet thanks to her medicines. Thanks to this antidepressant she's able to write poetry. I know how antidepressants can help in life so I understand it so well :sadcore6:

Anyway I-

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f