Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

it sounds like she took a poem and tried to make it into a song:eartha2: theres no rythm or melody. I mean the lyrics r great but

ngl that‘s what I thought too. But after some more time they grew on me and now I adore them. It‘s totally ok not to like them though since they are so... unique and raw. Even hope is a dangerous thing was more accessible.

30 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes!!! You hit the nail on the head!!  I think Lana is always a few steps ahead than most people think. To me, these artworks serve as a self-parody in response to people mocking her previous covers, but the added “bruises” and overall roughness of the covers perfectly portray the emotions and confessions of the songs. SO GOOD

im so glad its not just me who thinks so... im no longer a candle in the wind!! :trisha:

25 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

I totally understand you and I think you're right but also they're just ugly af lmao. I will never excuse these fonts

oh dont get me wrong, they're still hideous :icant:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i REALLY like text book, its been on repeat. but the other tracks are giving me nothing. IM SORRY! i need to be honest. im open to them growing on me. but they sound unfinished. and those drums at the end of wildflower.. uh.

similar to what @Lustformoney said, the lyrical content would be better in poetry imo. it feels off.

I can clearly hear Zach's production in multiple aspects of Text Book. It was my least favorite on initial listen,  but I think it's my number one. It feels like the true successor to UV's anger. The instrumental, the ocean sound, and I love the "Brentwood" callback to Chemtrail's title track (The Brentwood Market)

Blue Banisters was the one I was least excited for, but the full song completely took me by surprise. It feels like a poem/whole story. I feel it'll fit alongside BTIG very well!

Wildflower Wildfire feels like she's singing at us and her lover. It's super revealing. The vocals are like we've NEVER heard before (on released or unreleased) I like the 'cracking' sound of the song, it makes it feel super rough around the edges which fit the emotion of the song. Another UV callback, "How cruel the world is"

I can't wait to absorb these songs even longer, and hopefully we'll get the album sooner than later, this album is going to be top tier, I can feel it.

"Don’t forget me"

The cover is a joke, but whatever.

The songs are all GREAT, they are superior to half of CoCC - and I'm pretty sure I don't just feel like that because they are new.

I can't decide whether I prefer Text Book or Wilflower Wildfire. TB ha those intriguiging verses, while WFWFs mood and those low register vocals are just perfect.

Blue Banisters is a pretty song and I like the message but it's a bit too similar to CoCC-era songs for me to instantly love it (although it already outshines most of the COCC tracks).

Although all of them are stripped back balalds, they are so much more effective than everything on CoCC. Lana seems to be much less lethargic, there is more fire in her voice again.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The beginning of TB reminds my of Amy Winehouse :xcry:

I dont want any collabs anymore. The weeknd can keep his red jacket in the closet. I just want a whole record with songs like these three :krylie: