Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

The patty references are reminding me of last year when she wrote that note about Mother’s Day not being a great day for her. Even tho it’s after Mother’s Day, I’m sure releasing these are cathartic in a way. 

I finally got to listen to the songs and OMFG :hae: Hi, Lana Del Fucking Rey. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Text Book is proof of God's existence:angie:

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

Wildflower Wildfire reminds me of Never to Heaven's and Wild At Heart's love-child I do not know why. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

part of me feels that lana maybe didn't announce these officially yet bc she's probably quite nervous... these songs are so vulnerable and honest and, as Eclipse said, confirming quite a bit of speculation about her, including her tumultuous relationship with her mother, her ~daddy issues~, that kind of thing. i hope she knows how much we love the records though, and how much her vulnerability means to so many people <3

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i am so excited to completely forget about cocc after convincing myself that it was good when it was just meh. 

WE LOVE YOU LANA DEL REY!!! HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!

1 minute ago, Rocket0212 said:

Yikes. The way I switched like f-word. This is literally second half of COCC 2.0. People saying it's similar to Ultra are delusional. 
Ultra - strong melodies, COCC - moaning over minimalistic music. And on top of that Blue Banisters and Text Book have the weirdest song structures. 
Why does she think putting a lot of words and making it sound like poetry over instrumentals makes some high quality song. Song should be a song in the end and melody is just as important as lyrics.
I'm sorry for having a meltdown but this is literally the first time I HATE Lana's songs on first listen, so let me scream it out so I can move on. :D
Wildflower is nice though. It's 1/3 for me now. I don't like this album at all so far.

Clean ur p^ssy :legend:And go meditate.

Delulu King doesn't care - love new singles.

Mmeow~

13 minutes ago, HeadBitch said:

...Did she really disown Patty THAT hard? Did Rob have a side piece we never knew about?

Is Patty even biological mother at this point? Did Chuck or Charlie acknowledge her for any of the last 12+ years for Mother's Day?

Talking about filling gaps...she probably meant some wholes of quicksand, cuz this story's getting deeper every next song.

tenor.gif

Damn. She refers to Patty as "his wife" that's cold. What happened? Lana was all good hanging out with Patty over the years. She meets these new women at that Church and It went 180.

Holy shit I am IN love with all of the songs :wowcry: I think as of now my favorite is Wildflower Wildfire. The production, the vocals, the heartbreaking lyrics...

These songs directly follow Hope and White Dress. The level of storytelling, the light vocals. If we hadn’t gotten COTCC, I feel White Dress would have fit perfectly on this record 

"Don’t forget me"

Wildflower Wildfire was so gorgeous too.. love the lyrics & the beat coming in towards the end.

it's so powerful & inspiring that no matter how much bullshit she's gone thru with the media / critics, she's still not afraid to be so vulnerable and honest in her lyrics. There were so many times where she considered leaving music, and I don't think people would have blamed her if she did. But she pushed through the pain, criticisms, and misunderstanding that she often received from the media or the general public... she chose herself, her passion for music. Lana is a fucking icon & I love her so much - she has truly done so much for music in the decade since she rose to fame.. she's inspired so many with her art. Her star power is rivaled by so few - her legacy will live on forever omg I'm RAMBLING I'm sorry y'all. :rip:

TLDR; Lana gives me so many emotions & I'm so grateful for her music + this community. :krylie:

14417469274.gif