Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

After all these Mike and weed jokes, the gif wars and pictures of blue banisters the songs cut even deeper. They way we had no idea Lana was going to be more personal than ever :xcry:

I like Blue Banisters but will need time with all 3 songs cause I can’t really understand what she’s saying at all. Imo Text Book was…. a choice idk the instrumentation didn’t flow well to my ears but maybe I need a few more listens. I just can’t understand her words. :defeated:

13 hours ago, CyberCherry said:

Idk I feel like he would of just been blunt (pun intended) and say no if it wasn't, "I don't know" could just be him being very excited for the drop (we already know he's really excited from instagram posts, etc.) but he doesn't want to spill but also doesn't want to say no :agree:

im shook

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

Some quick textless covers if y'all want to use:

Wildflower Wildfire 

Spoiler

uJKp8Xn.jpg

Text Book

(this one's a little bit LQ but I wanted to use this pic lmao)

Spoiler

PPquJ6G.jpg

Blue Banisters

Spoiler

qQxHVe8.png

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Just now, Yosemite said:

Some quick textless covers if y'all want to use:

Wildflower Wildfire 

Hide contents

uJKp8Xn.jpg

Text Book

(this one's a little bit LQ but I wanted to use this pic lmao)

Hide contents

PPquJ6G.jpg

Blue Banisters

Hide contents

qQxHVe8.png

STUNNING!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I listened to all three songs and Text Book is the standout for me, at the moment. 

God I wish I was with my father, he could see us in all our splendor

:trisha:

Wildflower Wildfire is nice but hasn't touched me yet, might happen after a few spins.
As for Blue Banisters, I feel like the snippet she shared is the best part of the song. The rest gives me the impression that the song is going in a dozen directions but without cohesiveness. But that's after my first listen, so that impression will probably change.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

The vocal delivery in WW is so fucking good where on earth were these vocals for Cocc and nfr??? like she finally sung like her old self again and it was so engaging it carried the song even though it was another piano ballad, Textbook's instrumental was really interesting it reminds me of Summer Wine

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I feel Lana is making music for herself this time, her songs have been VERY personal lately and while the production might not be some people's cup of tea, I'm glad she's confident enough to go deeper and talk about her issues on a more direct way, other than using a character for her storytelling (like in past albums) :wub:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Blue Banisters is my favorite at the moment. There’s something about that atmospheric sound and the way she tells a story and how heartbreaking it is, but then it ends pretty okay thanks to her friends even though everything isn’t alright.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This is really gonna bug me, what other song does me mention “dancing the dance?” In textbook she says “I’ll do this dance with you” but I KNOW she has a song about “dancing the dance”

there are so many parallels between these three songs and her ‘deepest’ songs 

"Don’t forget me"

My opinion after hearing the 3 new songs is that it's much better then the songs on cocc. At least she's actually opening her mouth to sing. None of that whispering singing shit. That alone is an improvement.

Blue Banisters is truly one of her best songs. I didn't expect to come so hard for this track but it's been on repeat for an hour I can't get enough! The melodies, the lyrics, the atmosphere, the piano, EVERYTHING. Such a beautiful, ethereal experience. I don't mind the name drops, they make the song even more personal.

My next favourite is Wildflower Wildfire. Her voice is so strong here, I definitely see her as being more confident vocally after COCC. The build-up to the chorus is well done, I love how she sings the "hot fire, hot weather, hot coffee" line. The drums near the end do not sound great. I don't hate the muffled sound but I still wish they were just a little clearer so they don't detract from everything else going on.

Text Book is definitely a grower. The lyrics are so dense and there is so much that I haven't picked up on even though I've listened to it a few times. The lyrics also kind of seem stream of consciousness? Kind of like how White Dress was freestyled. The chorus production and melody reminds me of Get Free, and I LOVE the outro with the choir vocals backing her. I hope the album follows this sonic soundscape and has more Zach Dawes!

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

i think it’s kinda a good thing that the reactions of this release is kinda mixed. i’m really waiting to make my final thoughts about the tracks because sometimes they don’t immediately resonate with me.

right now, i really cant connect to blue bannisters because it seems kinda too personal to her with the constant name dropping- i do really love the end of the song though

textbook, i really love the verses but the chorus hasnt really hit me yet. 

at first, the mixing at the end of ww bothered me in earphones, but now i cannot stop listening. it’s such an exciting song lyrically and vocally. i really believe it’s her most exciting song since lfl. electric guitar and better mixing towards the end would have made it godly