Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

2 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

I havent listened yet pls tell me they arent boring Jack productions

A mixed bag, I must repeat that I can barely hear so you understand but I can hear a fuller voice and better lyricism but the tempo and piano is still there.

15 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

I havent listened yet pls tell me they arent boring Jack productions

Well, let’s just say that many misjudged that Jack was the sole « destroyer » of Chemtrails :thumb3:

i really like the three songs, but they are cimenting her reputation as singer songwriter, and I have yet to listen to them with good headphones. 

1 minute ago, Coney Island King said:

Spotify seems to only have Blue Banisters the song and not the other 2?

They do, under the 'Singles and EPs' section 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven ♡

Just now, Coney Island King said:

Spotify seems to only have Blue Banisters the song and not the other 2?

they do, they are in the singles section that’s separate from popular/new releases (god knows why???...) or just type them into the search bar 

I take it back, these are some of her some of her best work. The lyrics especially. It sounds great on noise-canceling headphones. But I do wonder about Rock Candy Sweet and if it will have a different vibe. Maybe not. Maybe this is where she’s at now. I’m here for it. I’m always here for whatever she does. She packs the emotional punches that no one else can match. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Not sure if it's just my headspace,  but something about all of these songs makes me want to cry in a way her pre-NFR discography has not

giphy.gif

✹ I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore ✹

I think her lyrically ability is so obvious on these songs and that's what really ties them together for me. To hear Lana be so vulnerable and honest in such a poetic way makes the songs feel complete

imageproxy.jpg

The title track is the one for me. That one sounds like an expansion on, or a further development from Chemtrails. The other two tracks are very personal in that it seems Text Book is about her dad and WW is about her mom, but they feel less essential *as songs* to me.

Why do these songs feel like unreleased songs? Like I feel like I'm listening to an unreleased batch made circa like 2013-2014? (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing!) It's somewhere between UV and HM (which both had incredible production). I'm not too sure how I feel about these songs. I can't listen to Text Book, which had so much potential, because of that Black Lives Matter line. It's so awkward.

6 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

what did i even listen to :horror: guess i'll give another try when an album drops. single cover quality = song quality, sorry

absolutely not luv :bored:

these 3 songs all have more going on than most anything from Chemtrails... not saying they're inherently better, but the vocal production /instruments are all way clearer than the muted sound we got on Chemtrails. I agree the single covers are awful but that's easy enough to change. I think there's an obvious improvement with these songs in terms of production & vocal delivery. 

14417469274.gif