Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

I like these songs a lot! This era is kind of reminding me of NFR because she is writing these long and wordy songs. It also definitely seems like she is looking back and revisiting her past eras!

1. Wildflower Wildfire - Just gorgeous. This doesn’t sound like any other song she has done before. It’s soaring,  passionate and rich sounding. I am not fond of the drums at the end though

2. Text Book - never thought I would hear the return of Daddy Issues Del Rey! Beautiful vocals and melody. The minor key part of the song is noir-ish and jazzy and sounds like Honeymoon. Then the major key part is melodically similar to one of her pre-fame unreleased pop songs, but I can’t place which one. When she yells “Black Lives Matter” it was a little cringe for some reason, but I guess it’s better than doubling down on QFTC. The daddy lyrics are a little uncomfortable.

3. Blue Bannisters - This is melancholic HIADT style Lana. Some parts of this song are just perfect. I didn’t expect this song would be about Lana’s girl friends, and I hate the name drops on this one. The ambient fuzz in the production is just beautiful.

16 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

What was exactly that you didnt understand? I didnt liked the songs and im entitled to my own opinion. This website is free and anyone can comment anything thats not offensive. 

Seriously, I didnt quote anyones opinion about the songs until now. You could've easily scrolled past the replies. 

And who the fuck are you to tell i dont have taste. I dont even know you! NEVER noticed your presence in this forum. Now sit your dumb ass down and enjoy your songs

Don’t waste your energy with him ;). He isn’t worthy at all. 

Just now, Greenapple said:

new here! Joining at the start of a new album rollout but ive stalked the forum for like ten years as a guest :)

So obsessed with WW! I have missed these low vocals and the atmospheric production. COCC was cute but looking back it was all getting a bit too minimal and shrill for the Lana I fell in love with. This feels like a return to form.

also love the message of BB. Assuming the banisters are a metaphor for the supporting structures of her ascension / progress as an artist / person. You need banisters to move up. Men that break her heart turn them blue (classic sad lana trope) but her family and friends make them grey at first (at best I can say I’m not sad) but they’re green when the seasons turn because they make her life happy and enrich it like nature. Also maybe it’s an allegory for depression / seasonal affective disorder??

Glad you're joining us and that you enjoy the tracks!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I usually love her naming, but I wish she had named Text Book “Thunderbird”. But I also know Ford is pretty anal about their copyrights so maybe that’s why...

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, Greenapple said:

new here! Joining at the start of a new album rollout but ive stalked the forum for like ten years as a guest :)

So obsessed with WW! I have missed these low vocals and the atmospheric production. COCC was cute but looking back it was all getting a bit too minimal and shrill for the Lana I fell in love with. This feels like a return to form.

also love the message of BB. Assuming the banisters are a metaphor for the supporting structures of her ascension / progress as an artist / person. You need banisters to move up. Men that break her heart turn them blue (classic sad lana trope) but her family and friends make them grey at first (at best I can say I’m not sad) but they’re green when the seasons turn because they make her life happy and enrich it like nature. Also maybe it’s an allegory for depression / seasonal affective disorder??

First of all, welcome! Your theory about the message of BB is so good :icant:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

I wonder if the cop really painted her banisters blue and when they broke up, her girlfriends painted them green and gray

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 minute ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I like these songs a lot! This era is kind of reminding me of NFR because she is writing these long and wordy songs. It also definitely seems like she is looking back and revisiting her past eras!

1. Wildflower Wildfire - Just gorgeous. This doesn’t sound like any other song she has done before. It’s soaring,  passionate and rich sounding. 

2. Text Book - never thought I would hear the return of Daddy Issues Del Rey! Beautiful vocals and melody. The minor key part of the song is noir-ish and jazzy and sounds like Honeymoon. Then the major key part is melodically similar to one of her pre-fame unreleased pop songs, but I can’t place which one. When she yells “Black Lives Matter” it was a little cringe for some reason, but I guess it’s better than doubling down on QFTC. The daddy lyrics are a little uncomfortable.

3. Blue Bannisters - This is melancholic HIADT style Lana. Some parts of this song are just perfect. I didn’t expect this song would be about Lana’s girl friends, and I hate the name drops on this one. The ambient fuzz in the production is just beautiful.

She's just utilizing Freud in acknowledging, or looking back on, her quest for her father and/or a father figure, it's standard Freudian 'family romance,' so I'm not uncomfortable with it.  Tori Amos wrote about her father for 20 years, both the actual man and the projected symbol.

I agree abut the name-dropping on 'BB'---it takes me out of the song. She did enough of that for a lifetime on 'DTWD' on COCC.  

2 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

Do we think any of these are about Clay? I feel like they are all referencing super recent things. 

I had the impression BB = Sean/her friends, TB = Her dad, WW = Her mom.

I think she lowkey took the breakup with Sean really hard?

Just now, Vertimus said:

She's just utilizing Freud in acknowledging, or looking back on, her quest for her father and/or a father figure, it's standard Freudian 'family romance,' so I'm not uncomfortable with it.  Tori Amos wrote about her father for 20 years, both the actual man and the projected symbol.

I agree abut the name-dropping on 'BB'---it takes me out of the song. She did enough of that for a lifetime on 'DTWD' on COCC.  

ooo i wonder if we're going back to the "daddy" days soon on this album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

56 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WOMAN WROTE TEXT BOOK. 

SONG OF THE YEAR.

I'M A MESS 

I'm transcended.

I love the 3 new songs so much, but Text Book is a magnum song to me, it's a banger, a slasher, a brand new West Coast :paris:

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

THE CHORUS OF TEXTBOOK :trisha::trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

The song structures and melodies are very unusual...I don't see any of the three as reminiscent of COCC, because the melodies of COCC tracks, with the exception of WD and Yosemite (which had been recorded years before), were very simple...'Wild At Heart,' 'NATWWAL,' 'DTWD,' even the title track was pretty straight forward and basic. 

I can't imagine how the 'professional' critics will receive the album, depending on if the three are the only complex tracks or if the entire album is as melodically 'dense.' 

Sorry but why in the fuck was this moved. It's literally talking about the album as a whole.

It's just petty at this point :yawn:

23 minutes ago, Nahime said:

Don’t waste your energy with him ;). He isn’t worthy at all. 

No offense bro but that last time you were here you caused a lot of unnecessary drama and negativity. I don't know why you only appear to spread negativity but please find your happy place, preferable in one of lana's three new singles. and then come back with a different attitude. :D

faSE.gif