Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

This is probably gonna sound strange, but I don't think I'll be able to listen to BB itself very much. Not because I don't like it, I adore the song, but it makes me feel really melancholic. Somewhat of a "longing for a life you never lived" thing. I'm not one to get overemotional because of songs or anything like that, but this one really did it for me

imageproxy.jpg

I just can't come to terms with WW beat drop, what a god awful beat, Mike Dean you're a legend, but you did the good sis WW so wrong, please share the demo king  :pussypower:

8nl2OpX.png

13 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Who said these songs sounded like "I don't wanna go" I need them to go get their ears checked asap

They said that about Blue Banisters, the song does have some similiar vibes with I Don't Wanna Go :madge:

It’s amazing I can’t think of a stronger linear progression of an artist than Lana. With each release—especially since NFR!—she has really been all about becoming a whole lot more off beat, disregarding structure, less editing in lyrics, more honest and direct in themes and ideas. The songs require so many repeat listens to really grasp.

I was just listening to This Is What Makes Us Girls and Hope is a dangerous thing... back to back earlier this week and was like wow It went from cringe to legendary

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

Still nothing has clicked for me even after a couple listens. I really don't like the mixing and the production at all:bebe:  

The lyrics and Lana's vocals are really impressive but it's every else that's a massive letdown. It's not for me but I'm glad it's rocking most of y'alls boats :thankyou:

Yeah this is how I feel. I kept thinking they'd pick up.  It seemed like they were building up sonically at times but they ended up going nowhere which was a bit disappointing. 

Vocally and lyrically, she served. They remind me of a 3-piece HIADT

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Spoiler

What we are NOT gonna do is shit on BTD in order to lift up her current work... Not today! 

Sorry if this is OT idk but I find it ironic and annoying that people offer the exact same critiques of BTD today as the critics/haters did when it came out (the IRONY!!!!!) and then act like it's a compliment.... when will Born To Die ever get the respect she deserves....... BTD is still important and a part of who Lana is whether you like it or not

UbsOye5.png

Text Book has what may be her best chorus and Blue Banisters has what may be her best outro - all of these songs are career highlights 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

27 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

I was just listening to This Is What Makes Us Girls and Hope is a dangerous thing... back to back earlier this week and was like wow It went from cringe to legendary

You're comparing a coming of age song with a middle-age song. Obviously the first one will be more naive and "cringe"

The piano in Wildflower Wildfire sounds so so good and rich:oprah: :oprah2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Can anyone please explain what these songs mean lmao? In blue banisters is she saying the guy said he'd come to help her but instead left her, so now her family and friends paint her banisters a different colour because he's not there? The only thing is she says he's still here...I don't understand what the chorus of WW is trying to say ... someone help me plzzzz... I like bb the best 

The term ''buzz track/single'' needs to be banned from music industry's dictionary. It's 2021, for fucks sake.  This is like when they marketed Mariners, Venice & Hope as ''fan tracks'', as if those weren't the best songs of her career. Idiots.