Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

ive never felt so empty listening to lana songs before; these songs are so bleak and personally tragic I really connect and feel what Lana is trying to say. one of my biggest fears is deeply regretting the life I lived and all three of these songs scream that exact same emotion :rollin:"So I ended up awkward but sweet" ;( the way our parents and our relationship with them affect who we are as adults so heavily and how difficult it is to separate yourself from the way they made you think and feel when you were young is such an untouched struggle in music that im so glad Lana finally feels comfortable laying out on the table for us. 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

5 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

blue banisters like the complexity of actually letting someone affect n hurt you and what that might mean fnel35.gif

stop omg :bebe:

tbh i have to admit BB is my least fave of these new songs - emphasis on fave though because i find myself listening to it on repeat and loving it particularly for the above mentioned reasons :rip:

it just doesn't draw me in the way the others do, but it is gorgeous once i make the conscious effort to hit play instead of listening to TB or WW again lmao

i suppose it just reads more like poetry, to me, than lyrics - if that makes sense? but simultaneously the instrumental here is more forthcoming than anything on violet, so it's a little dissonant?

i'm just confused by the fact that HIADT clicks with me but BB doesn't lol, america blease eggsbrain

rihKQ8M.gif

I wonder if this mastering issue is done purposely. Like with MAC and VB, Jack remastered the songs for the album but maybe they just need to put the songs out first to see peoples reactions and gain a broader perspective on the extra details that may need tweaking? It would make so much sense having millions of extra ears to notice the details that could've been initially missed

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, venicesnitch said:

Two buzz singles better than the whole chemtrails album :scoff:

here comes the cocc slander until next era when suddenly everyone will love how misunderstood and underrated cocc was and fake loving it from the beginning. will this cycle end some day it’s been a decade...?:courtney:

So yesterday, I found myself on a drive while it was raining and listening to these songs, and when I tell you it changed my whole perspective.....It felt like I was in the moment the music was made for in a sense. Then after Text Book ended, Five String Serenade by Mazzy Star came on shuffle - it was literally perfect.

imageproxy.jpg

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

here comes the cocc slander until next era when suddenly everyone will love how misunderstood and underrated cocc was and fake loving it from the beginning. will this cycle end some day it’s been a decade...?:courtney:

its all started with honeymoon:twirls:

My ONLY complaint (and it's not even music related) is why couldn't she release those songs together in like an EP format and call it Blue Banisters-Triple Single? Now it's kind of messy and only one of the songs shows up as the latest release

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Wait is Jenny in BB possibly Jenny Lewis? She is BFFs w Nikki lane and I’ve always wondered if her and Lana know each other- in some ways they have a lot in common as songwriters. Would LOVE a collab tbh!

Anyhow 24hrs into new songs & TB is def hitting this morning. Listening to the songs loud while driving has been the perfect way to hear them. Whoever said TB has UV vibes I finally heard that this morning- something about the melody of the piano, and it’s resonance, reminds me of UV the song specifically. WW remains unreal and I have to say BB gave me a WHOLE diff story than the snippet implied- thought we were getting a love story, got something way more complex. Love that for her. All in all I am now totally hype for the new album and delusionally hoping it really does come out SUNDAY July 4 lmao…

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

My ONLY complaint (and it's not even music related) is why couldn't she release those songs together in like an EP format and call it Blue Banisters-Triple Single? Now it's kind of messy and only one of the songs shows up as the latest release

Yeah, many people would think that she released only one song

4 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Yeah, many people would think that she released only one song

And in America, on iTunes, the songs don't even show up when you search Lane Del Rey. As someone pointed out to me here yesterday, if you don't search 'Lana Del Rey Text Book,' you won't find it or the others. That makes no sense whatsoever from any POV. 

1 hour ago, Greenwich Acid Cherry Pie said:

stop omg :bebe:

tbh i have to admit BB is my least fave of these new songs - emphasis on fave though because i find myself listening to it on repeat and loving it particularly for the above mentioned reasons :rip:

it just doesn't draw me in the way the others do, but it is gorgeous once i make the conscious effort to hit play instead of listening to TB or WW again lmao

i suppose it just reads more like poetry, to me, than lyrics - if that makes sense? but simultaneously the instrumental here is more forthcoming than anything on violet, so it's a little dissonant?

i'm just confused by the fact that HIADT clicks with me but BB doesn't lol, america blease eggsbrain

I agree. We've seen LDR write songs with, obviously, lyrics, and we've heard her recite her poetry to vague New Age-ish music. I think the intent and goal with these three songs was to combine both mediums, fully turn three of her poems into actual songs, and thus create a new hybrid. And she succeeded wildly. BB still eludes me a little, but I'm sure it will come.