Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

24 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

here comes the cocc slander until next era when suddenly everyone will love how misunderstood and underrated cocc was and fake loving it from the beginning. will this cycle end some day it’s been a decade...?:courtney:

I can’t speak for everyone but cock was the first album that underwhelmed me ;( I am not a big country fan so that was probably why. I get why people like it, it’s just not my cup of tea. Objectively these songs have more lyrical depth than 90% of Cock. God rest her soul. 

You should come over 

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, Cacciatore said:

I'm so sad because I really want to LOOOOOOOOVE the new songs but after listening to them more carefully I just... like them. They're not bad songs, they have good lyrics but at the same time I feel like they're not memorable and the production is kinda weird. There's something about them that makes them sound lacking, if that makes sense? Or maybe I'm just not connecting with the current Lana sound, which is fine too! But I really think they could've polished these songs a bit more, there was no rush since she released COCC like two months ago but that's the sound she's going for and I'm fine with it.

The arrangements are kinda loose, I agree, as someone else said, 'choppy' on TB. And they're complex too. The different sections don't mesh seamlessly into one another like they did on, for example, 'West Coast.' 

But I think LDR had to be aware of this and it was an intentional decision between her and her producers.  

34 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

here comes the cocc slander until next era when suddenly everyone will love how misunderstood and underrated cocc was and fake loving it from the beginning. will this cycle end some day it’s been a decade...?:courtney:

to be completely honest... i have to kinda force myself to listen to cocc. its very shallow sonically n probably her worst writing yet. i dont think i’ll ever love it. 

edit: since lana acknowledged that she doesnt really feel that this album is her best work n that it was written at a standstill... im not mad that i dont like it. its genuinely not her best work n she knows that. 

Right...these songs are top tier for me!! Truly!!! From the lyrics to the instrumentals, to the atmosphere. These songs are perfection. 

I wanted fire bops. But this....is something Lana expressed in the way she didn't dare to do on COCC. To me, she's finally breaking through to share and heal what she's been going through.

22 minutes ago, venicesnitch said:

I can’t speak for everyone but cock was the first album that underwhelmed me ;( I am not a big country fan so that was probably why. I get why people like it, it’s just not my cup of tea. Objectively these songs have more lyrical depth than 90% of Cock. God rest her soul. 

and that’s fully okay, i hate country too don’t worry cwuack isn’t in my top 3 either. :sass: and i’m the first to say it would’ve been 10 times better with better mixing and better production cause the lyrics and melodies are really really good. just saying we know how things go with "the hated album" and it often gets more general hate than it should, only for people to change the narrative 5 years later cough cough honeymoon :ma:

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

A more alternative Chemtrails. The three singles have many shifts in rhythm. Chemtrails wasn’t going at all in that direction (and it’s why I feel it’s leaving me a bit high and dry: the production is there, very layered and rich though minimal, but the melodies stay simple, which never occurred in any album from her)

That’s a really interesting observation. I feel like Lana’s music has always been rich and complex, and I’m starting to see more of that come into her newest songs which makes me SO excited about the new album. I was also super happy to see the storytelling hasn’t faded away one bit - which makes me believe that we’re going to see all sides of Lana in this record: soft and fragile, strong and bold, angry and dominant. I think it’ll have something for everyone!! :dance:

27 minutes ago, venicesnitch said:

I wasn't aware people actually liked COCC. :ma:

Nah jk jk, it's a gorgeous album, but, it's definitely one that I only listen to when I'm feeling a certain way. 

1 minute ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm too sensitive about some things and other people's energy. In two weeks I think that I'll be ok again

Aww! Omg what did I miss? Are they being mean? :trisha:

A little late to the party, but I have to say how much I loved these songs. I cannot choose between Text book and WW, and I admire her so much for releasing songs with lyrics that are so personal and so sad. Even though it’s cathartic to write about a difficult time in your life, it also takes a lot of courage and even more courage to sing it and release it to the world. It hits like a punch in the face and that’s my favorite type of art. 
 Love how the instrumental seems “deeper”, “fuller” than her latest releases, I’m here for it! :wub: the queen has done it again 

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

14 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

and that’s fully okay, i hate country too don’t worry cwuack isn’t in my top 3 either. :sass: and i’m the first to say it would’ve been 10 times better with better mixing and better production cause the lyrics and melodies are really really good. just saying we know how things go with "the hated album" and it often gets more general hate than it should, only for people to change the narrative 5 years later cough cough honeymoon :ma:

Maybe cocks a grower not a shower :awk:

You should come over 

giphy.gif

Alright, I haven't listened to the new tracks yet but did she change/re-upload them or what?

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: