Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

Just now, Lustformoney said:

Text book has no rythm at all and it gets even worse when the chorus randomly slowls down in the middle:eartha2: she clearly just took 3 poems n tried to make them into songs. and she failed

Blue Banisters is the only one where the verses and the chorus are awkward together, TB and WW are masterpieces

Get your ears checked and for the love of God change that hideous avatar :eartha2:

Text book has no rythm at all and it gets even worse when the chorus randomly slowls down in the middle:eartha2: she clearly just took 3 poems n tried to make them into songs. and she failed

On the flipside, i actually find it interesting and experimental that there are four? five? rhythm and key changes. It also works to make the song more meaningful. A song about rewriting history and the song itself does not follow a normal/standard format

36 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

you must be kidding.

:rollin:

it completely has rhythm. the tempo change is really nice too - seeing as the only other time she's done that has been in west coast.

These songs for some reason are giving me David Lynch/Chris Isaak vibes. I keep thinking of Wild At Heart (the film by Lynch, which also features that Chris Isaak song that sounds so much like Mariner’s Apartment Complex, and now Wildflower Wildfire) and also Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks. Even Julee Cruise. Anyone else feel like she’s been heavily influenced by these things or am I just high? (I actually am high lol ?)

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

btw i changed my mind again, those song r flops with no melody nor replay value:sideeye: only WW is ok

I‘ll pray for you, Kathy, you and that disgusting mouth of yours :pray2:

For the love of god why am i ALWAYS in minority when it comes to lanas music:crying2:

We dont like women with a legacy and you cant be a muse AND happy. It‘s just how it is, we dont make the rules :oprah3: 

but I really love your pfp

59 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

These songs for some reason are giving me David Lynch/Chris Isaak vibes. I keep thinking of Wild At Heart (the film by Lynch, which also features that Chris Isaak song that sounds so much like Mariner’s Apartment Complex, and now Wildflower Wildfire) and also Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks. Even Julee Cruise. Anyone else feel like she’s been heavily influenced by these things or am I just high? (I actually am high lol ?)

We know she's into Lynch due to the 'Y&B' video which was a takeoff on his 'Blue Velvet.' And he's said "she's interesting,' but that was the LDR of BTD/P, not the LDR to come. 

39 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

For the love of god why am i ALWAYS in minority when it comes to lanas music:crying2:

I am too, don't take it to heart. I love 'Paradise' and most of 'Lust for Life,' and COCC is my favorite of all her work. I don't rate UV, HM or most of NFR highly. 

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I love 'Paradise' and most of 'Lust for Life,' and COCC is my favorite of all her work. I don't rate UV, HM or most of NFR highly. 

you win in unpopular opinions :smile2::ma: just kidding just teasing

ww is the most interesting song to me, text book is wonderful but right now not quite my taste. lyrically bb falls very flat for me but sonically it's gorgeous! in terms of lyrics and instrumentals ww is my favorite

sUcVobB.png

Love all these songs !

Slightly off Topic but on the complete Lana Del Rey collection on Spotify loads of her unreleased songs have been added to the end but they are blacked out and don't work if you click them, what does this mean? Are they being added? I am so excited if they are

1 minute ago, SharktoothBlues said:

Love all these songs !

Slightly off Topic but on the complete Lana Del Rey collection on Spotify loads of her unreleased songs have been added to the end but they are blacked out and don't work if you click them, what does this mean? Are they being added? I am so excited if they are

I’m not seeing any such thing

Just now, honeybadger said:

you win in unpopular opinions :smile2::ma: just kidding just teasing

ww is the most interesting song to me, text book is wonderful but right now not quite my taste. lyrically bb falls very flat for me but sonically it's gorgeous! in terms of lyrics and instrumentals ww is my favorite

Trust me, I've been made aware of that. 

I also like WW best, but TB is a close second; WW has the better climax. I also find BB not quite all there lyrically. I hear people here saying they're crying or sobbing listening to it, which surprises me somewhat. 

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Trust me, I've been made aware of that. 

I also like WW best, but TB is a close second; WW has the better climax. I also find BB not quite all there lyrically. I hear people here saying they're crying or sobbing listening to it, which surprises me somewhat. 

exactly, her vocals are beautiful and the instrumentals are as well but references to her friends & "now they paint my blue banisters greeeeen" just feels disingenuous or corny to me. just doesn't quite hit the mark personally, but when i listened to it i thought it was cute!

ww remains my top song, and i haven't listened to tb enough to figure out how i feel about it :lolliney: these songs all feel like songs that have to grow on you, so we'll see

sUcVobB.png

Just now, honeybadger said:

exactly, her vocals are beautiful and the instrumentals are as well but references to her friends & "now they paint my blue banisters greeeeen" just feels disingenuous or corny to me. just doesn't quite hit the mark personally, but when i listened to it i thought it was cute!

ww remains my top song, and i haven't listened to tb enough to figure out how i feel about it :lolliney: these songs all feel like songs that have to grow on you, so we'll see

BB has too many name drops and oddly specific references that make it hard to relate to

WW has more abstract lyrics 

10 minutes ago, Mike Will Leak It said:

BB has too many name drops and oddly specific references that make it hard to relate to

WW has more abstract lyrics 

The name drops are terrible. We've had enough with Sean, Joni, Joan, Stevie, Cortney, and now Jenny and Nicki Lane. It's a little embarrassing and each new one dilutes all the others.