Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

These songs are everything I've been dreaming of Lana making coming to life :oprah:

So proud

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

These songs are everything I've been dreaming of Lana making coming to life :oprah:

So proud

Your taste is Supreme. What's funny is that I LOVE Cocc. It's my car cd and it has not popped out whatsoever since release but these songs just have that Oomph to them that I think we all crave and adore with her. And they aren't charting? Fuck em!! The locals always ripped her anyway. We, the stans, won this time. 

No cause wildflower wildfire is really more than a perfect song, more than a masterpiece. A word for how good it is doesn’t exist but she is indeed a once in a lifetime artist and I’m so happy and proud. 

2 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Your taste is Supreme. What's funny is that I LOVE Cocc. It's my car cd and it has not popped out whatsoever since release but these songs just have that Oomph to them that I think we all crave and adore with her. And they aren't charting? Fuck em!! The locals always ripped her anyway. We, the stans, won this time. 

Ever since I listened to Video Games over ten years ago before Born to Die was released, I knew that this was the direction and space she needed to take up. She has such a way with words and songwriting. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Ever since I listened to Video Games over ten years ago, I knew that this was the direction and space she needed to take up. She has such a way with words and songwriting. 

I have to agree with you on this (although let’s be real, I usually always find myself on the same page as you) - Lana’s gift truly does lie in her writing. I feel like the writing on these three songs - and most likely on the whole record and the next poetry book - is a testament to the writer she’s always had in her that she’s finally unleashing the full potential of. She’s always been a gifted writer - the earliest songs of both her released and unreleased catalogue have proven that - but I have to say, this evolution she’s undergone is the only right way she could have progressed. I am seriously so happy and excited for where her career is going to take her, and how her artistry is only going to continue to flourish. The levels of introspection and self-reflection she’s conducted on these three tracks alone only solidify her need to be inducted into the songwriting hall of fame. Even an accolade as esteemed as that isn’t enough to commemorate how gifted of a writer she is. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

Ever since I listened to Video Games over ten years ago before Born to Die was released, I knew that this was the direction and space she needed to take up. She has such a way with words and songwriting. 

Oh my GOD I-:crying2: friend, this is nothing but truth. Video Games was and still is that beacon. Do you know how often I see the post apocalyptic ruins of the beginning of that video? Ever since that song came out, i-the words don't really exist. Its not like I'm old but to stick with an artist this long, go through heartbreak, loss, reinvention, setbacks, life-while your favorite artist navigates the stars and the slime thrown at her...it's just been such a journey and yet she is still serving. I worried for awhile I would never get Video Games 2.0-but now I don't need it. We have everything. She's filling in the gaps of our hearts.

You say there's gaps to fill in, so here
Here's the deal
My father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me
So I ended up awkward but sweet
Later then hospitals, stand still on my feet
Comfortably numb, but with lithium came poetry

2d6923a6ff9c7475a02717959c5716d7.gif

And baby, I, I’ve been running on star drip
IV's for so long
I wouldn't know how cruel the world was
Hot fire, hot weather, hot coffee, I'm better
So I turn, but I learn (It from you, babe)

giphy.gif

Not to turn into a wildfire
To light up your night
With only my smile and nothing that hurts
Baby, I run like a wildflower
I live on sheer willpower
I promise that nothing will burn you
Nothing will burn, burn, burn
Like the others, baby, burns, burns, burns
Burn, burn, burn (Like the others, baby)
Like the others, baby, burns, burns, burns

giphy.gif

These songs :defeated:

6 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

These songs :defeated:

Truly nothing else to even state. Also THANK YOU for clarifying star drip ivs, if that's confirmed, cus I could not for the life of me figure it out. How? How has she done this? Cocc is a million miles away from these. Not in quality but those stories are NOT this. In her bid to stay a mystery, she decided to rip off every bandaid and see how many are left to stare at the wounds. And without fanfare. To see who cares. Lana, queen, our hearts bleed with you. An absolute trio of 5 star Serves

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I have to agree with you on this (although let’s be real, I usually always find myself on the same page as you) - Lana’s gift truly does lie in her writing. I feel like the writing on these three songs - and most likely on the whole record and the next poetry book - is a testament to the writer she’s always had in her that she’s finally unleashing the full potential of. She’s always been a gifted writer - the earliest songs of both her released and unreleased catalogue have proven that - but I have to say, this evolution she’s undergone is the only right way she could have progressed. I am seriously so happy and excited for where her career is going to take her, and how her artistry is only going to continue to flourish. The levels of introspection and self-reflection she’s conducted on these three tracks alone only solidify her need to be inducted into the songwriting hall of fame. Even an accolade as esteemed as that isn’t enough to commemorate how gifted of a writer she is. 

7 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Oh my GOD I-:crying2: friend, this is nothing but truth. Video Games was and still is that beacon. Do you know how often I see the post apocalyptic ruins of the beginning of that video? Ever since that song came out, i-the words don't really exist. Its not like I'm old but to stick with an artist this long, go through heartbreak, loss, reinvention, setbacks, life-while your favorite artist navigates the stars and the slime thrown at her...it's just been such a journey and yet she is still serving. I worried for awhile I would never get Video Games 2.0-but now I don't need it. We have everything. She's filling in the gaps of our hearts.

Well, know I adore the both you and your posts! I think one of the most striking things about her evolution, that someone else here mentioned to me, is that Lana has grown with her fans. Instead of being caught in a one note merry-go-round, like other singers. As I've grown older, I had to reorient my perspective and priorities in life many times, that I've grown to appreciate those contemplative and ambient moments that shine through these songs from Norman onwards, while still looking back fondly and appreciating the timeless quality of her entire catalog. I truly think that she captures a snapshot out of her life, turns it into poetry and music, and places it in her life's work. It just happens that I've been following a similar path as time goes forward.

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

Well, know I adore the both you and your posts! I think one of the most striking things about her evolution, that someone else here mentioned to me, is that Lana has grown with her fans. Instead of being caught in a one note merry-go-round, like other singers. As I've grown older, I had to reorient my perspective and priorities in life many times, that I've grown to appreciate those contemplative and ambient moments that shine through these songs from Norman onwards, while still feeling and appreciating the timeless quality of her entire catalog. I truly think that she captures a snapshot out of her life, turns it into poetry and music, and places it in her life's work. 

Aaahh!!! Such beautiful words. So well said my friend and so true. She can make a minute last forever, her power of distillation and the universal truths is unmatched when it comes to her lyrics.

9 hours ago, HighbytheSea said:

Truly nothing else to even state. Also THANK YOU for clarifying star drip ivs, if that's confirmed, cus I could not for the life of me figure it out. How? How has she done this? Cocc is a million miles away from these. Not in quality but those stories are NOT this. In her bid to stay a mystery, she decided to rip off every bandaid and see how many are left to stare at the wounds. And without fanfare. To see who cares. Lana, queen, our hearts bleed with you. An absolute trio of 5 star Serves

Can you please share what you meant about confirming dripping IVs? ?

10 hours ago, Contemplating God said:

So proud

Feeling exactly the same. I remember casually listening to her first albums when they were released (and I didnt follow her yet), and getting captivated by how much talent she had but also frustrated at how shallow many of the topics she was singing about were (more specifically, how shallow the perspective from which she was approaching to those topics was). Years after, I randomly stumbled upon Terrence Loves You on YouTube's shuffle mode and it just nailed down my stomach. I've been listening to her almost daily since then, and started to understand her expressive ways, even if I still thought she wasnt exploiting all the potential she had.  HIADT was certainly an inflection point on that matter, and Wildflower Wildfire is just one of the best, most powerfully written songs I've listened to. Couldn't be more proud of the point she's reached artistically and cant wait to see where and how her process will bring her in the future.

listened to all three songs again and i love all of them so much omg i cannot. a lot of people love WW but i think BB is just as spectacular,  i think a lot of people are still clinging to and expecting the BTD - LFL sound and at this point i can say - as much as i also miss that sound and period - we got to move on. i can appreciate why some people dont like the trio, its different and the songs are quite slow and heavy but as much as i can appreciate the alt/indie pop vintage superstar of BTD i can appreciate the raw, serene, ballad sound of the trios. love it and cant wait to see whats next <3

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif