Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

Oh my god.

Oh my gawd.

Three absolutely gorgeous songs dropping on the same day. It’s surreal! I was feeling all stressed and anxious before the singles got out and the moment I listened to Blue Banisters, I felt much better. I feel so... blessed? To hear the songs? Happy freaking birthday week to me, I’ll never forget this. These songs are, like, on a Thunder and Yes to Heaven level. I’m so glad she didn’t keep them to herself as demos.

The lyrics are great and varied, I was worried she wouldn’t deliver since these songs are pretty new and haven’t been worked on for too long (except for BB?). It’s almost like they could be like her poems, like Sportscruiser in a sense.

Here I thought she’d stick to her higher register since that was what she seemed to be heading with When the world was at war we kept dancing, Yosemite, White Dress etc. It seems I was wrong! I love to hear her use her darker register again! :flutter:

She floored me. I’m floored. My day is okay now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, KingJay said:

The video for textbook says private now wtf!!!!!!

theyre all gone from YT now lmao

inb4 this is another The Greatest/FIILY situation and the songs werent supposed to be out today

image.png

I think they're gorgeous but I can't really see myself listening to them often. They're nice songs to listen to if you want to like actually sit down and listen but for just having music on while doing other things I don't love them. They'll probably grow on me though

WW is def my fav of the three (love the drums at the end!). the melody of TB i couldnt quite hold onto, and BB is lovely, those two will take a bit longer to settle into my bones i think. am thrilled to have new songs and a new era, even though i adore COCC.

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

theyre all gone from YT now lmao

inb4 this is another The Greatest/FIILY situation and the songs werent supposed to be out today

This time it feels different somehow. Maybe they were but in private by accident?? 

Or is something bigger coming? More delusion, ig lmao 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

My stan card has been reprinted, laminated, framed, dusted and sprayed with essential oil. I am levitating:legend:

It makes so much sense for her to release Blue Banisters after Chemtrails. I think both title tracks complement each other, both talk about her relationship with friends and family but while Chemtrails focuses on the good things Blue Banisters is more about how the same people she sings about in Chemtrails are still with her when things are not so great. They're link ying and yang :oprah2:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains