Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

2 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

3 NEW LANA SONGS! :hype:

who the fuck is lana

no offense or anything but ig these songs will have to grow on me. I've only listened to each once but they didn't really do anything for me....

I wonder if Rock Candy Sweet will still be a single... I hope so

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

Notice how Lana called out all of Lana boards when she sang “cause I know you wanna talk about it” on wildflower wildfire ?

But in all seriousness she is incredibly strong for sharing deep looks into her life. 

Textbook and Wildflower are a look into her past while Blue banisters is about her life now. 
this lyric is especially heartbreaking: ?

ykAJXGs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
literally haven’t stopped  sobbing :crai: 

I can't articulate my thoughts properly right now . The songs are lyrically so intricate and she is literally pouring her heart out . I need to listen to them more carefully but instantly the parts of her talking about her mother and her father made me cry. It's really rare for artists to talk in such honesty about their traumatic moments. My favorites for now are WW and TB .  BB made me really happy knowing  that she has friends and family  that support her in difficult times .. It's definitely a work of art that needs to be listened to in a specific mood. It evokes similar feelings of sadness to me like UV did tbh..

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

absolutely cannot believe i'm about to defend these god awful single artworks / covers BUT.... little theory incoming :hooker:....

does anyone else feel like maybe the artworks intentionally progress in rawness and 'ugliness' according to how revealing the songs they belong to are? for example, Blue Banisters is def a personal song but it's fairly "happy" with a sweet message. i remember when we all speculated whether or not the bruised look on her chest was intentional, i for one just thought it was a symptom of the filter she was using - but now, with the other artworks there, i can see it's intentional. still, it's not overly obvious, her face looks pretty and "normal", that kinda thing.

then we have Wildflower Wildfire: there are intensely obvious bruises on her chest and neck area, her face is distorted in a subtle uncanny valley type way. similarly the lyrics of the song take on a slightly darker theme and they're more revealing than the lyrics of Blue Banisters.

finally, Text Book is the most revealing and arguably upsetting song of all, and with it comes an artwork with amped up darkness and ugliness - her face is more distorted, her bruises are darker and more numerous.

it's giving a lil bit of FKA Twigs x Jesse Kanda vibes:

Spoiler

61e36ebbb2c8da8c57a5708463e9d33a.jpg

fka-twigs

sorry if someone said this already!! im at work rn and keeping up with all the madness is proving difficult!!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I always catch myself getting mad over people opinion on lanas music

when I see Twitter stand saying something negative like my first reaction is whyyyyy

then I step back and realize, who gives an actual fuck 

it’s just me and Lana in my ears always delivering 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

2 minutes ago, King of Saigon said:

Notice how Lana called out all of Lana boards when she sang “cause I know you wanna talk about it” on wildflower wildfire ?

But in all seriousness she is incredibly strong for sharing deep looks into her life. 

Textbook and Wildflower are a look into her past while Blue banisters is about her life now. 
this lyric is especially heartbreaking: ?

ykAJXGs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
literally haven’t stopped  sobbing :crai: 

Also IMO sonically they are beautiful